LETS TALK HEARTSTOPPER AND ALICE OSEMAN!

AroaceScriptette

@Ham Sandwich  Hello. Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

...spoilers abound from several members in this main Heartstopper, Loveless, and Alice Oseman thread...LETS TALK HEARTSTOPPER AND ALICE OSEMAN! - World Watch - Asexual Visibility and Education Network (asexuality.org)

If you'd like, an Admod can merge your thread with it, or move your thread to that forum, on its own, if you'd prefer not to read or have spoilers about the book.

8 hours ago, LeChat said:

@Ham Sandwich  Hello. Welcome to AVEN! :cake:

...spoilers abound from several members in this main Heartstopper, Loveless, and Alice Oseman thread...LETS TALK HEARTSTOPPER AND ALICE OSEMAN! - World Watch - Asexual Visibility and Education Network (asexuality.org)

If you'd like, an Admod can merge your thread with it, or move your thread to that forum, on its own, if you'd prefer not to read or have spoilers about the book.

Either works for me, I am not against spoilers. 

The French Unicorn

I think it was very educational when it comes to explain what being aro and ace means, though I personally didn't relate to the a-spec characters in the books because they present one specific type of a-specs that are different from me.

Also it was not my genre for a book (it is basically all romance tropes applied to romance), but I read it because I thought it was important to do it as an aro.

13 hours ago, Ham Sandwich said:

Either works for me, I am not against spoilers. 

Okay.

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi. I'm just letting you know I've merged your thread from the Romantic and Aromantic Orientations forum to this one in the World Watch forum.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

imjustconfused

I love Heartstopper so much! I binge watched the day I got outed as gay and it made me feel so validated with the fact that I could connect with a lot of Charlie's experiences. Then, reading Loveless, I had been questioning my asexuality for a while but it kind of confirmed everything for me. I just love any Alice Oseman stuff so much. :) 

i related so much when isaac said 'i want to believe in romance!' whilst being aroace. i enjoy queer relationship stories especially when they're wholesome despite not being interested in romance at all for myself. i think it's great if isaac is a bit of an introvert who enjoys reading but i hope he doesn't get left out too much if tao and elle also pair up in season 2 and everyone does lots of 'coupley stuff'. it would be really nice to get to know his character better!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I read 'Solitaire' back in October. It wasn't as good as 'Loveless' and 'Heartstopper', but I look forward to read her other novels. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 11:01 AM, MinnieMouse said:

I read 'Solitaire' back in October. It wasn't as good as 'Loveless' and 'Heartstopper', but I look forward to read her other novels. 

I thought the same. For me 'I Was Born For This' is the next best after 'Loveless'.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
akanesarumara

I only read the Heartstopper comic (peak comfortread material and amazing), didn't watch the netflix show. I also read Loveless and found it to be pretty relatable at some points.

Gonna be reading Solitaire, Radio silence and I was born for this.

On 1/15/2023 at 2:46 PM, Cicero said:

I thought the same. For me 'I Was Born For This' is the next best after 'Loveless'.

Oh, it's in my book shelf waiting to be read. 😃

On 2/3/2023 at 2:57 PM, MinnieMouse said:

Oh, it's in my book shelf waiting to be read. 😃

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Exoplanetarian
On 12/28/2022 at 4:54 PM, RenAAA said:

i related so much when isaac said 'i want to believe in romance!' whilst being aroace. i enjoy queer relationship stories especially when they're wholesome despite not being interested in romance at all for myself. i think it's great if isaac is a bit of an introvert who enjoys reading but i hope he doesn't get left out too much if tao and elle also pair up in season 2 and everyone does lots of 'coupley stuff'. it would be really nice to get to know his character better!

YES! I had that moment when Isaac said that. Like yeahhhh me too, Isaac. Me too. : ) 

I haven't read Loveless yet but maybeeee I should.

Haven't read the books before seeing the show and so I was on edge the entire time like "pleeeeeeease don't ruin ittttt!!!" and it was so amazing when they didn't! It's still so rare to have a drama-free, healthy and non-tragic queer romance on screen so the first time through I was in a constant state of cliffhanger without having to be. 

• 1 month later...

I really want to watch Heartstopper, might do it soon!

I also just finished reading Loveless. The book was cute and had a range of lgbt characters. I liked it a lot even tho I personally wasn't represented in it (I never tried to make myself date people, I was always fine with being single and didn't care what others think about me).

• 1 month later...
Justpassingby123

*careful, small Heartstopper season 2 spoiler!

I am not kidding when I say that the severe reaction I had to isaacs story is what made me think about that maybe I belong to the spectrum. It is really good to have such representation in popular series  or else it would never reach people like me. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
fantastic mx. foxglove

Hello,

As part of our project to archive and index resources posted in World Watch, this thread is being archived and moved to the 2022 Archive forum.

To visit the Archive, see this link: https://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/108-world-watch-archive/

If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to myself or another moderator via PM.

Best,

fantastic mx. foxglove

Arcade moderator and covering moderator for World Watch