FAQ: Repulsed-A or Indifferent-A?

fluffy_hime

R-A or I-A?  

1. 1.

• Repulsed-asexual: I find sex and all sexual things to be absolutely disgusting.
    • Indifferent-asexual: Enh, whatever floats their boat. I'm not disgusted, just not interested.

This poll is closed to new votes

Huh - from what (admittedly little) research I've done, I too assumed that the repulsed aces were much more common...nice to see some confirmation of how different we all can be.

I personally am not bothered by sex that doesn't concern me, although being constantly surrounded by it is annoying and I can get grossed out by some of the sex acts other people like to joke about regularly. Basically just like a lot of y'all :)

I think it would be gross if I did it, but I don't have a problem with other people doing what they like. Which option does that make me?

• 2 weeks later...

Really interested in sex, in the way that one is morbidly fascinated (THAT'S the word) by murderers and people who eat bugs. Like "Ew..... whoa. People do that?"

In my own perspective?

Repulsed.

TheMelbourneMethod
Actually, in all honesty, I find sex very hilarious. lol. I joke about it all the time, and I don't understand why people take it so seriously all the time.

This is me right here. Generally I'm totally indifferent; I mean, when I hear people going at it in the next room I'm mildly annoyed, but I feel neither awkward nor disgusted. Most of the time I think many people's obsession with sex is rather humerous. I know it's rather serious for them, but when I see it (especially in movies) I'm never expecting it, and it catches me by surprise. When I'm surprised, I laugh.

Example: yesterday a bunch of us watched P.S. I Love You. So they have this big fight and he storms out and the very next minute they're making out. :blink: :lol: That sort of thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Ummmm........... I think I sit somewhere in the middle of this poll.

On a personal level, I'm very much repulsed.

However of a more general level, think I would say indfferent. It doesn't bother me at all the work friend sayng that they stay out and stalk bars and clubs each weekend in the aim to to find someone different to sleep with, or the upstairs neighbour who plays Coldplay albums relatively loud while pleasuring hs current partner at night. Perhaps I just accept different peoples' ways of expressing themselves but just isn't something for me.

midsummer.mist

To be honest, none of the above. I'm more sex positive, find it an interesting topic, have sexual fantasies, do masturbate and hotchat, but never done it myself in reality and don't miss it.

Honestly, I'm not sure where I am on this poll. I'm extremely, extremely repulsed by the idea of me doing anything sexual. While I'm slightly repulsed by the ideas of other people having sex, I'm not so repulsed where I'd be all, "OH YOU BAD PEOPLE. GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC. HOW DARE YOU HAVE SEX." o_O; Where that would be my reaction if I were to have sex or participate in anything sexual.

I'm pretty much indifferent until people start bringing their sex up in everyday conversation. Once it starts becoming the topic of discussion, my reaction is that I'm disgusted and repulsed. But if no one brings it up, I can just live in my little fantasy world where no one has sex. :P Thus becoming indifferent to it.

Just keep in mind that I'm not so disgusted by people having sex that I'll go out of my way to avoid them. The fact that people have sex does not change my view point of them. My god, I'd be a hermit if I let that happen. :blink:

So I dunno, I guess I'll just vote in "repulsed", since I suppose I am more repulsed than indifferent.

Well, I'm mainly repulsed by the idea of myself having sex/doing sexual things, but I don't mind other people having sex. I also find the idea of sex intensely fascinating. I'm kind of a contradiction within myself.

Though I can discuss sex easily (on a philosophical or scientific level for example) and even make somewhat sexual jokes sometimes, I find that hearing or reading about people enjoying sex to be gross, so I voted repulsed.

edit: Sometimes I surprise myself though by having a dream of two people having sex and I enjoy watching it in the dream, but when I wake up I am utterly repulsed. It's strange and it confuses me. :blink:

I am very indifferent, to the point where my husband sometimes reminds me that it has been x amount of weeks/months.... I swear I wouldn't notice if he didn't tell me, in fact I would likely not be sexually active at all because I really am not that bothered to try. I am not repulsed as such, although I do feel very uncomfortable with sexual advances and tend to shy away.

I also dislike how the rest of the world revolves around sex, it's everywhere... "sex sells".... and quite frankly that is a little repulsive to me.... but I think that is because I don't understand what makes it that important... meh *shrugs*

For the most part, I believe I am simply indifferent. But I do have my pros and cons in regards to sex and it being messy and unclean is one of the cons. However, I understand why some people enjoy it. I know it brings them pleasure and I do not think they believe that it is a disgusting or messy as I've seen them lay for hours in their own wetness without any problems. Something that I simply can't do. Sorry if my post was a bit to vivid for some. I have many cons to sex, but mostly am indifferent or am simply lying to myself. hahahaha

My ex told me that in the past 2 years we'd only had sex 2 or 3 times. I told him it seemed like more. That's what makes me think that I'm indifferent. I just didn't realize.

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly repulsed, but I'm certainly not comfortable with sexual content. At all. I don't experience revulsion, I'd just rather not hear about it at.

So...I guess more repulsed than disinterested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im disgusted when I think about sex and kissing and genitals. I hardly ever think of that stuff though. Im not interested in thinking about that stuff.

vrazda verlaine

Indifferent. Hearing people talk about sex, even in detail, doesn't bother me. It seems foreign to me, but I guess it's no different than hearing people talk about... well, any pastime you don't do yourself and don't have an interest in.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I call myself an 'intellectual pervert'... my attitude toward sex is rather like turning over paving stones with a stick and watching the millipedes run for cover. It's -interesting-, in a weird way, but I don't want to get too close to it.

I think indifferent covers it pretty well, though... I guess the millipede metaphor does imply a certain degree of repulsion, but not in a scream-and-run kind of way. I hate having it shoved in my face, but I want to learn about it and understand it.

I find sex intriguing - but i can't see myself ever doing it. Or me allowing anyone to touch me like that.

:)

I agree with them. Actually this reminds me of a recent breakup. We weren't really compatible anyway but I dumped him cause he wouldn't keep his hands off me. What part of I'm not comfortable being touched that way don't you understand?

• 1 month later...
Amputation Defenestration

I'm personally repulsed but indifferent when it comes to the rest of the world, so I don't know what to answer, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't stand the idea of myself being in a sexual situation, but I'm more indifferent than anything else.

I am 'indifferent' because what others choose to do is their business and as long as they respect my right to choose that's fine with me. As long as they don't expect me to join them.

I am an 'Annoyed-A' as it gets me irate that there are those out there who can't or won't accept asexuality and they seem to give promiscuous folk more respect than our ilk because 'at least they are doing the sexual deed which is normal' (to their minds at least).

• 4 weeks later...
rebekka1954

Nice thing about VHS & DVD, I can skip past all the sex scenes (what a waste of time, as far as the show is concerned).

Lord Dandylion

Sometimes intrigued, just don't want it myself. I voted indifferent

• 2 weeks later...
GirlDreamer

Sometimes intrigued, just don't want it myself. I voted indifferent

Same here...

Dr. Deceit

I'm not really breaking new ground by saying indifferent for the most part. My friends will talk about their sex lives and I don't mind; it's kind of interesting to hear about what turns people on. If they're not my friends, I really am not interested in hearing about it, especially when they get into the nitty-gritty of the whole thing and they're someone I do not want to imagine engaging in any kind of sexual activity.

I'm only really repulsed though when someone talks about me having sex. No thanks, I'm good.

Indifferent. I REALLY do want to be interested in it, I'm so tired of feeling utterly nothing when it comes to the subject, but yeah, hearing about and doing it makes me bored as I am now...

Im kind of in the middle.

I seem to be okay on sexual health and education but I hate sex in song lyrics, movies and housewife-jokes.

Archived