FAQ: Repulsed-A or Indifferent-A?

fluffy_hime

R-A or I-A?  

1. 1.

• Repulsed-asexual: I find sex and all sexual things to be absolutely disgusting.
    • Indifferent-asexual: Enh, whatever floats their boat. I'm not disgusted, just not interested.

This poll is closed to new votes

I was just curious how many people are repulsed-asexuals or indifferent-asexuals. There seems to be a very clear line.

Schadenfreude

Heh, I call myself an 'intellectual pervert'... my attitude toward sex is rather like turning over paving stones with a stick and watching the millipedes run for cover. It's -interesting-, in a weird way, but I don't want to get too close to it.

Hm, maybe I should add "mildly interested in an intellectual way." But that wouldn't make for a spiffy letter combo.

Schadenfreude

I think indifferent covers it pretty well, though... I guess the millipede metaphor does imply a certain degree of repulsion, but not in a scream-and-run kind of way. I hate having it shoved in my face, but I want to learn about it and understand it.

I'm indifferent usually, though if sex is really made into a big thing when it really shouldn't be, then I'll be a bit repulsed...

VivreEstEsperer

I respect the rights of people to have sex, but I do find it very repulsive.

I voted repulsed, but I don't believe the word "absolutely" applies. The repulsion I feel is not intense. It's not even conscious, it's just there when I feel I'm in or privy to a sexual situation. It intensifies quickly if I stay too long. I think avoidant is more descriptive of my feelings.

I find the sound of kissing disgusting.

That doesn't mean people don't have the right to kiss and whatever.

They can do what they want sexually just so they're out of earshot and in a place where I'm not.

*confetti blizzard for Tressa!!* :D

*stumbles around in the storm of confetti* I can't see! *runs into a wall* OOF!

*sits and nurses her bloody nose* Erm. In response to the topic, I think sex is ridiculous, and I really avoid picturing people engaging in the sex act, because it icks me out. I don't think I'm completely repulsed by sex, however. I have no problem discussing the mechanics and implications of it from a detached and scientific/sociological point of view.

But as soon as people start getting into the personal aspects, I get uncomfortable and a little icked out. Occasionally I will get disturbed to the point of withdrawing into myself, I just won't be there anymore. But that's rare.

I don't think I answered the question, really. And I don't really want to vote, because I think I'm somewhere between those two.

I voted indiffrent but I'm somewhere in the middle. The physical thought of it gives me the heebie-jeebies but I don't think of sexual people themselves to be repulsive as long as they give me the respect and keep their play by plays to themselves. I just don't understand why they would want to disrespect themselves or partner(s) by telling the whole world about it.

::adds somewhere in between for those like Cijay & Julie:: :-p

I didn't bother differentiating between "repulsed but they can't do whatever they like when I'm not around" and "repulsed and everyone who does it should be shot" because I know no one falls into the latter category. Well, maybe Pie and Gorax, but yknow. ^_^

EDIT: Well, mayhaps not. It won't let me edit the poll. I was going to change "absolutely disgusting" to "a little or absolutely" too. Drat.

Heh, I call myself an 'intellectual pervert'... my attitude toward sex is rather like turning over paving stones with a stick and watching the millipedes run for cover. It's -interesting-, in a weird way, but I don't want to get too close to it.

Hey, me, too. Funny.

I also agree with mindlife: the sound of kissing is disgusting.

I go between the two, though. I think most of the time I'm mystified-asexual I just don't understand what the big deal is. Then I'm indifferent, as logn as a person doesn't want to do something to me I don't really think of it. But occasionally I get ooked out by the thought of it--usually if someone puts it in a way where I think of the act being done to me or if I really contemplate what certain acts involve. Then I just think, 'That seems so unsanitary.'

Cate

Tressa,

It's amazing. You're so young and yet you've really been around in AVEN time.

Aww, thanks guys. *Rubs back of neck all bashful-like* Thanks for that mindlife; I'm glad everyone thinks of me as a member of the community. In a couple other message boards, I've lied about my age because they assume I'm some squabbling teenybopper if I'm under 18. But you guys are the epitome of equality, I say! :D

Worthless Poster

I've said a million times... I'm sure I'll have sex, one day. Until then, I'm perfectly happy being nice and naive as to all things sexual.

I voted Indifferent, but to be more exact, I'm mostly indifferent to the act, but repulsed by the power games some people play ("my relationship is more important than yours 'cuz it's sexual" or that woman who is controlling Cijay's friend and keeping him from talking on the phone, etc.). Of course, that is part of a more general distaste for power games. "Because I said so and I'm the [boss | expert | other type of authority figure]" is never a good explanation to give if you want me to do something without giving you dirty looks. :?

dave

Archived