Zine is finished!

ghosts

So I posted back in Feb/March that I was starting a zine, and now it's finally finished! Basically, the focus of the zine is on relationships, but most of the authors in it identify as asexual so a lot of the zine touches on asexuality. Plus all of the authors included are AVENites. :P

So anyway, it's called "Entertaining A Ghost". I swear to you (and I feel stupid admitting this) that when I picked this name for the zine, it had absolutely no relation to my username- I didn't even realize it until after the cover was made. The title comes from a line in "The Golden Compass" (a book I love), but I feel sort of silly now because it almost seems like I named the zine after my AVEN-self, and that it was basically to entertain me.... But oh well! ::shrugs:: I still think it's a good line from an awesome book.

I've printed 50 copies so far, but not quite so many covers yet (will soon though). Currently the covers come in 9 different colors (orange coming soon!). Here they are:

1067160008_0352e8e084.jpg

EDIT: 11/14/07

I am currently out of the purple & maroon.

The color/lighting's unfortunately a little off, so these are the colors from l-r: dark blue, bright red, pink (slightly pinker than it looks in the picture), purple, green, tan-ish (not as yellow as in the picture), maroon, dark red, and yellow/gold.

And a closeup:

1067167314_d2287235d1.jpg

Just let me know if anyone would like a copy, and which color! Sending a pm might be easier.

Edit for prices/payment info:

The zines themselves cost $1.50. With postage included, here are some total costs with the shipping included:

US people: US $2.64

UK Pounds: £2.10

Euros: 3.10

Canadian Dollars: 4.48

Australian Dollars: 5.00 (I'm just rounding this one...)

If anyone needs to know any other currencies, just let me know! If you want to buy more than one zine, I'll recalculate for you.

If you'd like to buy one, you can mail me a money order (I'll e-mail you my address)- or, if you're outside of the United States, Western Union would be fine. I can also take payments through Paypal- my e-mail address for that is ghosts@mail.yellowstone.net. Envelopes will not be marked with the name of the zine, or AVEN, or anything like that. If there are any questions, just send me a pm!

I'm interested but before anything i need to check for ways of receiving the packet and ofcourse paying you; we have that little ocean between us. Anyway, it seems like you did a good job there.

Ok dudes, here's the costs- the zine is $1.50, and shipping of course varies. For U.S. people, it'll be $1.14 for shipping. So the total comes to US $2.64.

Today I shipped out zines to Australia and the UK (London to be exact), and each cost US $2.70, so the total cost would be $4.20.

Canada is US $1.31, total cost would be $2.81.

So, I'm not entirely familiar with international orders, but I'll take payments through Paypal- my e-mail address for that is ghosts@mail.yellowstone.net.

I think you can send/accept different currencies through paypal? Sorry I'm not entirely sure on this. :oops:

So kos- if paypal is good for you, let me know. You asked about ways of receiving this- I'll just be mailing it regularly in an envelope, if that's what you mean? If anyone's concerned, there will be no mention of the zine's name, or AVEN, on the envelope, for privacy's sake. Just your address as well as mine.

You can pay and be paid in different currencies through PayPal, I've done it in the past.

*PMs ghosts*

:D

Thanks to some help, I've converted some prices to other currencies. :)

So, here are some prices for 1 zine:

UK Pounds: £2.10

Euros: 3.10

Canadian Dollars: 4.48

Australian Dollars: 5.00 (I'm just rounding this one...)

If anyone needs to know any other currencies, just let me know! If you want to buy more than one zine, I'll recalculate for you.

Also, I'm editing my first post to include all information/updates.

Ok, just did some research on the issue. I'm not very friendly with credit cards, so, is there a Western Union agent near you? I think i can send you the money just with my id and you can get them just with yours.

I'll go ask tomorrow, now everything is closed here.

Would it be allright to do the job this way?

Laura and I's copies arrived today! I haven't read it in it's entirety yet but it has been very interesting so far, and it was nice to see familiar names. :)

Thanks, ghosts! Well done.

Oh, and Laura says "hello" back. :wink:

*reads Wordwitch's post*

*reads ghost's reply*

*sighs a sigh of relief*

Good to know. I started to worry since I hadn't paid for my issue either!

(I wrote an article, too.)

Mm, zines! :D I'd like a copy. I'll paypal you...but since I also suck at paypal, do you have to confirm that I'm paypalling you? I'm in the US, btw...

No, I think all you have to do is send money to me on the paypal site, and then I'd just go and accept it. Just let me know your mailing address and what color cover you'd like when you do it though (there should be a section where you can put that info on paypal). :)

No, I think all you have to do is send money to me on the paypal site, and then I'd just go and accept it. Just let me know your mailing address and what color cover you'd like when you do it though (there should be a section where you can put that info on paypal). :)

Well, you've been paypalled! :) Looking forward to reading it! (and getting mail...always exciting... :wink: )

I'll second the others who've already read it--it was a lot of fun to get something A-related in the mail, and the contributions were all really interesting.

Thanks, ghosts!

I'm glad you enjoyed it Placebo, and thanks so much for helping out! :P

And Ily, yours will be mailed out tomorrow morning!

• 2 weeks later...
I got mine today!

Nice to have something tangible from the A-world.

kos,

That's a really good point. Aside from the clothing, this is one of the first tangible products produced by AVENites (even though it's not officially affiliated with AVEN). Woohoo.

~Carsonspire

I got mine today!

kos,

That's a really good point. Aside from the clothing, this is one of the first tangible products produced by AVENites (even though it's not officially affiliated with AVEN). Woohoo.

~Carsonspire

Agreed, it's really quite cool. I got mine a few days ago; some of the articles made my head hurt a little, but maybe it needs the exercise. :wink:

I got mine today!

kos,

Yeah, thanks, i agree with you;

Yay for the zine! Yay for AVEN! Yay for us all!

Archived