A&E Matchmaker show - Possible asexual first show

funaladanaly

funaladanaly

I have A&E on demand, and decided to watch that new matchmaker show today. It was pretty good, except for the episode with the 41 year old virgin male. The matchmaker was asking what was wrong, that this isn't right for there to be a 41 year old virgin. She asked why he never did, and he threw out answers like, wanted to meet the right girl, want it to be a special moment, etc. What it sounded like though was he never particularly cared to. Yes, he had a sex drive, but never was interested in esculating a relationship to a sexual one. The matchmaker was amazed, and dare I say, slightly appalled that he dated a girl for over a year and never slept with her, and didn't kiss her very often. The matchmaker said if someone didn't kiss her by the third date, she'd probably leave.

So what does she do? She puts him with a hyper sexual woman! She was asking questions on the first date like, have you ever done it on the slopes? Have you ever done it...., have you ever done it....

When he wasn't really talking about it, and was shockingly not comfortable talking about it, of course she realized, he must be gay! The matchmaker concured. So, she set the guy up with another guy on a date. Where the man felt more comfortable, he told the matchmaker he just wasn't too interested in having sex.

The show ended with him politely thanking her and walking out, and her hoping that he overcomes this insecurity. Granted, the guy did have a lower self esteem of himself, but come on, if he's comfortable not having sex, then good for him!

I want to go on the show and be like - Hello, I have a pretty good self image, but I don't want to have sex. Ever. Match me please!

xBlackxRainx

This is a thread that talked about it before. This thing was, like always she was quick to label him gay, when he identified with Bi. And when he didn't really like the guy she set him up with, she was like "nonesense, you loved it, you two are perfect for each other myjobisdoneIamgreat". Asexuality was mentioned on the discussion board of the show where he was responding to, but he identified himself as sexual still.

People stop watching these dating show that portray virgins or asexual badly.The producers are only using these people for ratings.

funaladanaly
People stop watching these dating show that portray virgins or asexual badly.The producers are only using these people for ratings.

Eh, it was on demand and I wanted a quick show to watch, and it looked interesting. The one with the virgin I thought could be a bit annoying, but enlightening in how sexuals view those who are different. I was also curious how he would react in that situation, and asked myself how I would react.

I like the show, especially when the matchmaker does a good job!

zachcarlson

I hate when people laugh at others because of sex, its like "leave me alone". I have to deal with enough from some of my partners but from friends, but from the media; than it gets hard to handle.

Archived