I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

Phlying Ace

Phlying Ace

Yeah, so, I just saw this movie with some friends.

And towards the end there's a mini-speech about people being people, whether they're "homosexual, heterosexual, asexual, bisexual, pansexual, omnisexual, ..."

I got funny looks. :P

...yup.

No way! We were mentioned in a movie? Now I have to see it!

(Granted the reference was probably not as deliberate as we would like, but....)

Ooh. Yay for the movie!

Though, despite that... it still looks pretty stupid... :lol:

First trailer for an Adam Sandler film I've seen that looks even vaguely funny.

Yay, we've made it into the hypocritical Hollywood tolerance speech!!! :) That's a huge step for us!

Yay, we've made it into the hypocritical Hollywood tolerance speech!!! :) That's a huge step for us!

Hahaha. Well, it's still visibility, and in a sort of legitimitizing way.

Very cool.

Woah, we make this list before bisexual even? We're movin' up in the world.

That was definitely my exact first thought! :D

• 2 weeks later...
zachcarlson
Ooh. Yay for the movie!

Yea definitely, my friend said it looked funny; but I thought it was dumb.

Phlying Ace

Oh, it's definitely stupid. It's an Adam Sandler movie. :wink: "An entertaining movie" rather than "a good film."

Yeah, I'm not sure if I was more surprised by that, or by asexuality being mentioned in the first place. o.0

I just saw that movie yesterday. When they said asexual me and my friends where like >> :shock: :D :shock: :D

My friend who's pan was with us too and we were both like "OH MY GOD THEY SAID ARE ORIENTATIONS!!!!"

twas awsome.

I thought chuck and larry was a really good movie. My friends all liked it too, we clapped during some parts and awwwwed at some parts...which lead these guys next to us to yell at us that were were "Homos" and "Faggots" :roll: i thought that was a bit hyprocitical of them considering they were going to see a movie that was gay themed.

I thought chuck and larry was a really good movie. My friends all liked it too, we clapped during some parts and awwwwed at some parts...which lead these guys next to us to yell at us that were were "Homos" and "Faggots" :roll: i thought that was a bit hyprocitical of them considering they were going to see a movie that was gay themed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WOW! And third in the list! Whether they were actually acknowledging us or not..AWESOME! :D

Puzzle_chick

I just got home from seeing this, and it was AWESOME. It's not going to win any Oscars or whatever, but it's really funny, really sweet, and I cheered a lot. ^_^

And I cheered especially loud when they mentioned asexuals even before bi. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it was pretty hilarious....expecially considering it was two guys who went to see it :lol:

• 1 month later...

That was definitely my exact first thought! :D

MY FIRST THOUGHT TOO! I thought I was going to vomit, I was so excited.

I just saw the movie last night, and while I had some issues with it, overall I thought it was good. And YAY for asexuality making the speech! I wanted to start cheering and clapping but I wimped out and opted for a quiet little "yay asexual!" and some applause. ^_______________^

Althought I saw "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry" and was just as surprised at the "asexual" line as the next AVENite, I'm not very elated that asexuality was mentioned in an Adam Sandler AND ROB SCHNEIDER movie... (Sandler's only decent production was "Eight Crazy Nights" in my opinion; Schneider has none). :|

3rd in the list

nice

It's like that song from the "Jeffersons" -- We're moving on up! To the top! To a de-lux apartment in the sky! We're moving on up... We finally got a piece of the pie!

I think that's how it goes... does anyone remember that show???

It's like that song from the "Jeffersons" -- We're moving on up! To the top! To a de-lux apartment in the sky! We're moving on up... We finally got a piece of the pie!

I think that's how it goes... does anyone remember that show???

Oh, man...you gotta love the Jeffersons <3333 :)

I think pansexual means they like everybody, or something...

Why didn't they mention antisexual ? :? :roll:

Isn't antisexual more of an opinion than an orientation,

or do you have a different definition than me?

I think I remember pansexual meaning that someone is attracted specifically to personality.

I think pansexual means they like everybody, or something...

I'm pretty sure it means that you're attracted to people based on other factors rather than gender. It's a more inclusive term than bisexual, because it doesn't imply a gender binary.

Archived