Alcohol and attraction

emmarainbow

What do you find happens when you are drunk?  

1. 1.

• I identify as an indifferent asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a great deal when I am drunk.
    • I identify as an indifferent asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a bit when I am drunk.
    • I identify as an indifferent asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction do not change when I am drunk.
    • I identify as an indifferent asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction diminish when I am drunk.
    • I identify as a repulsed asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a great deal when I am drunk.
    • I identify as a repulsed asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a bit when I am drunk.
    • I identify as a repulsed asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction do not change when I am drunk.
    • I identify as a repulsed asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction diminish when I am drunk.
    • I identify as sexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a great deal when I am drunk.
    • I identify as sexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a bit when I am drunk.
    • I identify as sexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction do not change when I am drunk.
    • I identify as sexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction diminish when I am drunk.
    • I've never drunk!
    • Other, because I'm terribly awkward to fit into polls, but I'll explain...

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Happily

I voted indifferent but get high sexual feelings when I have a drink.

There is a scientific link between alcohol and feelings of sexual attraction.

For example, I was out last night with one of my male friends. We have kissed when a little tipsey before, but it was simply for fun and there was no attraction there, on my part anyway. Well last night I have a bit to drink and suddenly get this mad desire to kiss him and cuddle him and I felt aroused (the arousal wasn't due to him I honestly get horny when I've had a drink, but it is not directed at anyone, its like when you're on your period and your hormone levels change)

If I don't have a drink I feel no desire for sex at all. I have a drink and I become sexual. Its like Jeckel and Hyde! But even though I feel sexual I know I don't want sex - I have a drive when I drink and I can start to feel quite frustrated but all the same I wouldn't want to go any further than kissing or maybe touching a guy up (I dont like to be touched sexaully myself)

Its so strange

I can't consume enough alcohol to get drunk. I've had various wines, beer, and rum and I can't stomach any of it at all. I hate the taste to the point where one sip activates my gap reflex... I honestly don't understand how people swallow the stuff, let alone consume enough to get drunk. . .

• 2 weeks later...
zero desire

Kinda depends who's around. I voted indifferent and rises a bit. I think that's probably normal given the lowering of inhabitions alcohol causes. I guess it also depends how much one has had to drink. I've found myself more attracted at low levels, but at higher levels of drinking I've been known just to prefer another drink as to another relationship.

The more I drink, the more I talk. and talk and talk and talk. I suppose I get more "attracted" to people. But I become more attracted to everything. Drunkenness tends to leave me a little infatuated by ideas, I think. It's more of a "go with the flow" sort of feeling than anything. People become more attractive, but I definitely don't get horny. It definitely lowers that (from my past experience with boyfriends). But I still said I was indifferent and that it rises my attraction because of what I have said.

When I drink, I am almost always around good friends. I think I get more silly and even more expressive than normal, and I get touchy-feely, in a totally non-sexual way. I act more like little kid, since my intentions remain pretty innocent. :rolleyes:

For example, the first time I drank, I got pretty drunk, and I kept touching my (guy) friend's hair because it was fluffy. I also cuddled up against my friend's boyfriend (or future boyfriend?) because he was wearing fleece and it was soft. I like to treat people like puppies and teddy bears. :P

• 1 year later...

"I identify as an indifferent asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction do not change when I am drunk."

Archived