Alcohol and attraction

emmarainbow

What do you find happens when you are drunk?  

1. 1.

• I identify as an indifferent asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a great deal when I am drunk.
    • I identify as an indifferent asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a bit when I am drunk.
    • I identify as an indifferent asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction do not change when I am drunk.
    • I identify as an indifferent asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction diminish when I am drunk.
    • I identify as a repulsed asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a great deal when I am drunk.
    • I identify as a repulsed asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a bit when I am drunk.
    • I identify as a repulsed asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction do not change when I am drunk.
    • I identify as a repulsed asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction diminish when I am drunk.
    • I identify as sexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a great deal when I am drunk.
    • I identify as sexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a bit when I am drunk.
    • I identify as sexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction do not change when I am drunk.
    • I identify as sexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction diminish when I am drunk.
    • I've never drunk!
    • Other, because I'm terribly awkward to fit into polls, but I'll explain...

This poll is closed to new votes

emmarainbow

Well, Yay posted this thread: http://www.asexuality.org/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=24838 in the musings and rantings, and I was curious.

Do you find your levels of attraction for others/attitudes to having sex change at all while drunk? Yay seemed particularly interested in how repulsed a's took this, so I included lots of pretty options for everyone, in the name of fairness! :D

My feelings don't change, personally, but I remain a mildly interested indifferent a. And I am very curious about the results of this poll. :)

(Sorry if I didn't include you on the poll... it's starting to look crowded!

"I identify as an indifferent asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction do not change when I am drunk."

I had a friend once who seemed to cease being asexual all together when she drank, yet the rest of time ticked every box for asexuality and then some.

Hallucigenia

Ooh, a poll with options for sexuals.

Um - I've drank, but I've never been drunk; most I've had is one drink in a night, and I didn't really feel any different from normal, although for some reason I got louder. So, don't know where exactly I should vote.

I'm a rather pompous, theoretical drunk, but alcohol doesn't cause me to feel attracted to anyone. Oh, and repulsed A.

other -- tasted it tried it but never been drunk enough to know ;)

I usually don;t get drunk, but I don;t mind being lightly buzzed, and I have been drunk. When drunk I feel like myself, only with a bit of brain lag, and I have been told that when drunk, I act like myself, only I talk a bit slower.

I voted indifferent, no change.

I believe alcohol has a negative impact on sexdrive, but it might have increased romantic attraction once in a while. - Could that be different for females?

helana12_03

"I've never drunk!"

I'm not easily affected by substances (caffeine, dentist pain relievers, alcohol) and I get bored of the taste of alcohol after 1 serving, but when I have been mildly tipsy I don't really see a change in my (lack of) sexual drive or attraction. Indifferent romantic asexual.

I'm going to take "I've never drunk" to mean "I've never been drunk." I do drink, but I have no intention of being intoxicated.

• 3 weeks later...

mine is really strange i should have put other but oops

i am a clean drug addict and have a very difficult time with trusting people when i am high i am completely asexual i have no need for sexual or emotional contact

when sober i still have no need for sexual contact but i want emotional contact.

when drunk i do not want anything but i sometimes feel aroused but mostly i have sex to please my patner

Inebriated or not, I'm still asexual.

What alcohol does is remove some of my native defensiveness.

jewel_box554

I've never actually been drunk before, just a little tipsy. I was with only one of my friends and I wasn't attracted to them, but I did feel like if there was a guy in the room I could have been. I'd hate to know what would happen to me if I got drunk. I don't intend to anyways.

I get much more affectionate when buzzed. My sex drive doesn't change, but I crave physical contact a heck of a lot more.

I voted that it affected me slightly.

I voted -I identify as a repulsed asexual, and I find that my feelings of sexual attraction rise a bit when I am drunk.- I tend to be a crazy drunk.... I do feel more attracted (to someone I already am attracted to, not just anyone) when I'm drunk. I would also be a little more likley to act on it, just becasue I do some crazy stuff.

• 5 months later...

i find that when i'm drunk i'm more...loving. i guess is the word. i more likely to touch, and feel okay being touched by my close friends. and even on occasion i have asked for a hug from a close friend. which i don't remember, but my friend thought it was so cute. the first time i ever actually wanted a hug.

i definitely don't have sexual feeling or thoughts for people, but i do feel much closer to my friends when i'm drunk.

i picked sightly more sexual when drunk

I drink fairly often, well at least compared to many that post on here, but I stay pretty much the same when I'm drunk as when I'm sober. I'm maybe a little louder, maybe a little funnier (or more annoying depending on who you ask), and slightly more euphoric, but I am no less inclined to grope, kiss or shag anybody then. I can keep that part of me totally under control, which is why it always amazes me when people that cheat or wake up in strange beds on a regular basis blame it on the alcohol. Oh well, it affects us all differently I guess.

I'm never drunk, although I like drinking alcohol once in a while, when going out with friends, for instance.

When I drink a bit, it does not change how I feel about sex, so no, it does not increase sexual attraction, at least for me...

I've never been drunk, but as what little alcohol I have consumed has just made me light-headed and sleepy, I'd imagine that I still wouldn't feel any sexual attraction even if I were to become drunk, and would be a lot less likely to experience romantic attraction too.

CrazyCatLover

I voted that I am a repulsed asexual and my sex drive is unaffected by alcohol. To be fair, I'm not sure if I've ever actually been drunk. But there was one night where my three roommates and I went through about 3/4 of a bottle of vodka and 1/2 a bottle of wine in about six hours (I think I drank the least). At that time, they decided to have a no-pants dance which I refused to participate in. So I think my answer is probably valid.

I don't drink...but I somehow doubt my feelings would change. Because caffeine makes me lose inhibitions too, (I guess Mountain Dew is like my Budweiser...), and even though after drinking caffeinated beverages suddenly I'm willing to get up and dance or speak in front of a crowd, I never feel anything sexually related change.

Alcohol doesn't change my sex drive, but I do become a little more affectionate when I drink. I don't mind tongue kisses that much when I'm drunk, for example.

When I was younger and still experimenting I was more open to flirting (and more confident). But it has never affected my desire to have sex, at least not that I remember...

Archived