THC

Zagadka

Have you consumed marijuana?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/do you consumed marijuana?

• Absolutely.
    • Yes, but I can not access it.
    • I've tried it, but not regularly,
    • No, but I am interested/opening to trying it,
    • No, and I absolutely do not want to.
    • Other
  2. 2. Have you generally enjoyed the effects?

• Well, yea.
    • No.
    • I have mixed reations.
    • I have not tried it (though I may).
    • Guess I'll never know.
  3. 3. How do you prefer to consume THC?

• Smoke (actual)
    • Vape
    • Edibles
    • Mixture/any
    • I don't know
    • I do not consume THC

This poll is closed to new votes

I've had an avoidance to as many recreational drugs as possible since I was a kid, and seeing all the dead that started on those roads that ended up leaning too heavily on them didn't help my stance. Psychologically drugs are my weak point. If I take a substance that makes me feel anything remotely happy or content, I'd become an addict, no doubt. I just can't afford to.

However, I've considered what would happen should I come down with one of the types of cancer with low survival odds that say, something like chemo or radiation couldn't hack. THC oil is emerging slowly in studies as an option to fight cancer, and I know a couple people diagnosed with terminal results, and they gave THC a go with good results.

If it comes down to my life with no other options, I'd consider it. Beyond that, hard pass.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, E said:

I've had an avoidance to as many recreational drugs as possible since I was a kid, and seeing all the dead that started on those roads that ended up leaning too heavily on them didn't help my stance. Psychologically drugs are my weak point. If I take a substance that makes me feel anything remotely happy or content, I'd become an addict, no doubt. I just can't afford to.

However, I've considered what would happen should I come down with one of the types of cancer with low survival odds that say, something like chemo or radiation couldn't hack. THC oil is emerging slowly in studies as an option to fight cancer, and I know a couple people diagnosed with terminal results, and they gave THC a go with good results.

If it comes down to my life with no other options, I'd consider it. Beyond that, hard pass.

Basically one of my best numbers explains how weed can lead you to a life of underachievement when abused:

1 minute ago, Calliers said:

Basically one of my best numbers explains how weed can lead you to a life of underachievement when abused:

I'm always unsure if it's the drug itself and not the person themselves, Calli. What they harbor inside. I was a lazy bag of bones as a kid. Pretty sure if I took drugs that relaxed me and removed some of my barriers, I'd let that lazy bag of bones I push back against out. Depending on the drug, you get altered brain chemistry on top of lowered or removed inhibitions. Long term, when permanent changes happen, yeah, I can see it. But I think a lot of it stems down to what people hide inside. Conditions don't help either. Life and stress, poor coping habits and environment. People turn to substances to supplant what they need and it makes a circle. The problem's not fixed but the drugs bandaid it.

I think the proof that it's predominantly the mindset that determines the outcome is by observing opposites. Workaholics are terrified of rest. In some cases, being perceived as lazy by peers and others. But somewhere in there, there's an easy going lazy person that wants out. Same applies to a perceived lazy person. Give them a passion and they'll work incredibly hard on it. There's a workaholic in them somewhere.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, E said:

I'm always unsure if it's the drug itself and not the person themselves, Calli. What they harbor inside. I was a lazy bag of bones as a kid. Pretty sure if I took drugs that relaxed me and removed some of my barriers, I'd let that lazy bag of bones I push back against out. Depending on the drug, you get altered brain chemistry on top of lowered or removed inhibitions. Long term, when permanent changes happen, yeah, I can see it. But I think a lot of it stems down to what people hide inside. Conditions don't help either. Life and stress, poor coping habits and environment. People turn to substances to supplant what they need and it makes a circle. The problem's not fixed but the drugs bandaid it.

I think the proof that it's predominantly the mindset that determines the outcome is by observing opposites. Workaholics are terrified of rest. In some cases, being perceived as lazy by peers and others. But somewhere in there, there's an easy going lazy person that wants out. Same applies to a perceived lazy person. Give them a passion and they'll work incredibly hard on it. There's a workaholic in them somewhere.

True. Although I have always thought that workaholics are terrified of being broke, or not keeping up with the jones' or pleasing their spouse and/or (over) providing for their families futures.

Also most workaholics tend to be tight wads (I'm a scrooge myself but I'm not a workaholic for sure). A lot of workaholics, especially the very highly successful and high performing ones tend to be in love with money and material things, and care a lot about image. Most lower middle class and lower people couldn't give a rats ass what people think of them.

Problem with chasing 0s in your bank account - it's never enough. 3 out of every 10 people in the U.S. who earn 6 digits or more live pay check to pay check so this whole idea that you  will always have enough money if you earn a lot isn't true, people fail to realize it's about two things - 1) your disposable income and 2) how much you save and invest out of your disposable income that counts to whether you will be wealthy some decades later.

I smoked a few times in the past 7 years, just occasionally. I put "mixed reactions" because I can feel the relaxation at times, but most of the time it just makes me paranoid about my belongings, time passing and the thoughts people around me could have.

• 11 months later...

@Zagadka

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator