THC

Zagadka

Have you consumed marijuana?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/do you consumed marijuana?

• Absolutely.
    • Yes, but I can not access it.
    • I've tried it, but not regularly,
    • No, but I am interested/opening to trying it,
    • No, and I absolutely do not want to.
    • Other
  2. 2. Have you generally enjoyed the effects?

• Well, yea.
    • No.
    • I have mixed reations.
    • I have not tried it (though I may).
    • Guess I'll never know.
  3. 3. How do you prefer to consume THC?

• Smoke (actual)
    • Vape
    • Edibles
    • Mixture/any
    • I don't know
    • I do not consume THC

This poll is closed to new votes

I tried so hard to not bias the answers to this one.

Used to smoke a fair amount in my mid-late 20s and intermittently in my early 30s. Mostly out of a glass pipe, occasionally vaping. I liked the uplifting strains that made me want to do active stuff and didn't make me drowsy and helped with depression - mostly sativas/sativa dominants. I really really hate heavy indicas, they kind of made me feel like I was dead, physically and mentally. A few years ago (frustratingly, around the time it was legalised here, 2018) my reactions to almost all strains mostly just became too unpleasant, though. It started triggering mild to moderate allergy-type stuff similar pollen in the spring, and worse than that, really severe panic attacks. I've had trouble with dissociation and panic since some trauma stuff in my early 20s, but weed didn't seem to be a problem in terms of that for years... until it was. I haven't smoked regularly since 2018, mostly had crappy occasional experiences with it in 2019, may or may not have tried it a couple times in 2020... can't really recall... and haven't touched it since. I miss when it made me feel good and it's undoubtedly nowhere near as shitty for my physical health as the alcohol and tobacco I still use... but nothing in the world is worth risking the awfulness of crippling panic attacks to me. Or allergy stuff; I get enough of that crap as it is.

Nothing against it though, of course. I'm all for it being legal and people using it if they want to.

Lord Jade Cross

Its illegal here plus we were brought up on the "Just say no" routine and that drugs were bad no matter what so Ive never tried it. However, I have heard from a few people that consume it that they really enjoy it and some who state that their lives have gotten better even since becoming a regular user of it. 

ICantThinkOfAUsernameToo

If I go out of my way to smoke, it's because I'm at crossroads. It helps me see things holistically. 

I also smoke socially with a particular friend. It just helps us come down because we are natural crackheads. I've had to stop though because work does random testing now. 

I think used properly, weed is a very nice recreational drug

J. van Deijck

It's only legal here if you have small amount for personal use, but I've never tried it, although I'd like to try. Both my dad and my partner have done it multiple times, one says he doesn't like it, other says it doesn't even affect him in any way :lol: if I wanted to get an easy access to weed, it's no problem since I live close to the Dutch border :lol:

• Like 1
Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

I'm interested in trying it, but only once it's been fully legalized. I'd be more interested in trying psychedelic mushrooms, peyote, or LSD.

I've smoked it numerous times, it was okay. A bit like alcohol for me, it's best to do it socially. I enjoyed sharing a joint with my mates around a campfire, I couldn't imagine sitting in my bedroom and lighting up whilst I'm on my PlayStation. 

• Like 1

Never tried it, never had the desire to. I'm a substance abuse counselor, though, so I've talked to hundreds of people about why they choose to smoke (and other things).

Never tried, don't want to, don't smoke or vape or whatever either.

Never tried it, I don’t think I’m at the legal age for it anyway. I have some mild interest in trying it in edible form. I never want to smoke or vape anything though. 

I rarely consume, it and typically only socially when offered, and when I have been drinking to be like okay why the hell not. Otherwise I don't go out of my way for it. I did buy a vape pen, but found it a bit harsh and never got into it. Never tried edibles, though somewhat curious about how that feels.

Would like to give something like mushrooms a solid try. Have tried them, but I think I was doing too many other things (drinking, smoking weed) to really notice much of the effects, also didn't take a whole lot to err on the side of caution, but enough that I should have felt something.

• Like 1

For me, I was fairly all set against all drugs (including alcohol) until leaving home for college. 2 years into college, I had changed quite a bit, and was much more open to everything (ideas, activities, drugs, etc). I did all of this socially (living in substance free housing for almost all of my college life; we didn't even allow alcohol on premises), so I largely lucked out entirely of my experience being overdoing it. But hey, even when it was illegal, Berkeley tends to be swimming in pot. Easy enough to score some bud and a glass pipe.

After my mental health collapse towards the end of college, I just stopped it all again. I had enough issues with prescriptions, and drinking/smoking just didn't seem like either a good idea or something desirable.

About 7 years after that, I began doing things entirely socially (not just limited to marijuana). Mostly an availability thing.

In the past few years, since legalization, and especially more recently when my mental health has been fantastic, I tend to use a low dose indica vape hit to combat anxiety and sleep issues, as well as once or twice a week recreationally. Going in to see a movie, or take a hike, or just release some stress and play a game, part of an edible or one vape hit is something I'll do occasionally. I also like taking part of an edible when focusing on doing chores, which make them almost enjoyable (the focus on a task, just feeling good).

Much like with alcohol, I am not looking for a strong effect, just relaxing, and canceling the constant background anxiety. I found a really good strain of indica that I've had no issues with, and does a great job of calming the racing thoughts and anxiety. I haven't had a panic attack in a few months, and my sleep has been much better.

It is also a fraction of the cost of alcohol, so there's that 😉

• Like 2

Sometimes I smoke it or take edibles. I like the affects for the most part. Except that time I accidentally took too much edible and ended having a panic attack, having auditory hallucinations, and feeling like I was in another dimension.

ICantThinkOfAUsernameToo
7 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

Sometimes I smoke it or take edibles. I like the affects for the most part. Except that time I accidentally took too much edible and ended having a panic attack, having auditory hallucinations, and feeling like I was in another dimension.

I've only had edibles once and I'm never doing it again. I had panic attacks, vomited,was high for more than 26hrs. It was really a terrible trip. 

ChipmunksBeCute

Not for me.  I don't even really drink either.  I was raised in a "Just say no" house and had a fair number of horror stories drummed into me about the potential negative consequences of drugs.  Especially tales about health problems (some may not be true but others are).  It doesn't help that I am absolutely paranoid about feeling "a loss of self-control".  So, I have no interest, but it doesn't bother me if others want to, so long as they stay safe.

J. van Deijck
55 minutes ago, MarRister said:

Would like to give something like mushrooms a solid try. Have tried them, but I think I was doing too many other things (drinking, smoking weed) to really notice much of the effects, also didn't take a whole lot to err on the side of caution, but enough that I should have felt something.

That's something like my partner has said, that he was too drunk to feel the effect of weed, he's been doing both at the same time :lol: no mushrooms, though.

It makes me really want to try some things just to have an opinion, but I think it'd be somewhat too dangerous.

• Like 1

i want to try it, it's legal here and i'm of age but i just... haven't gotten around to it 🤷‍♀️

if/when i do it'll be an edible, though. i don't like the idea of breathing in smoke of any kind

• Like 1

If you do an edible, always remember that they are extremely potent.

I have 10 mg gummies, which I usually rip off a small bit (roughly 2-3 mg). Edibles take a while to kick in, and you have to resist taking more. Just popping random dosages in your mouth rarely results in anything good.

Things like this are why open conversations are important. Banishing discussion and education of safely and responsibly using substances causes a lot of harm (never minding the millions who have had their lives ruined by prohibition and restricting access and healthcare for issues).

J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Zagadka said:

I have 10 mg gummies, which I usually rip off a small bit (roughly 2-3 mg). Edibles take a while to kick in, and you have to resist taking more. Just popping random dosages in your mouth rarely results in anything good.

...sounds worthy.

Setiva makes me ramble on and if it’s a really strong strain or if I drink (alcohol) as well things get a little tripy.

Indica helps me sleep but sometimes to much and I’ll feel like a came out of a coma or something. 

Though I would say setiva helps me sleep too if I lay down to sleep 

Anomaly Q3Xr

I have smoked marijuana in the past for a couple of years in my 20's, then on and off for a few more years. Haven't since I was around 28, and not a good idea given I am medicated on antipsychotics and antidepressants, I don't know what affect it would have, and I did sometimes have problems with paranoia and anxiety when smoking it.

• Like 1

In my 20s I used to smoke it regularly. I found it mostly enjoyable but watch your consumption.   After I finished university my mental health took a spectacular nose dive. While the MJ wasn't the root cause, it definitely exacerbated things. 

I had a weed hiatus for about 4 or 5 years but a couple of years ago I took up again but nothing likeas often as I did.  Every few months I'll indulge in a spliff or two. I have a particular mix of indica and sativa and delta 8. I find that I'm more clear headed, focused and much less anxious for a good couple of weeks after smoking. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Skycaptain

Had it once, unintentionally (Late stepdad  hid some grass in a tarragon jar, so I ended up with"interesting" dumplings)

Didn't enjoy it at all

• Like 1
Libellule

I've smoked marijuana a couple of times, but far from regularly. The last time I had such a bad reaction to it that it's kind of put me off doing it again for now 🙃

Although I'm still a bit intrigued about edibles.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
J. van Deijck
On 5/7/2022 at 10:17 AM, Libellule said:

Although I'm still a bit intrigued about edibles.

Honestly, me too.

• Like 1

They say the first few times you try weed it doesn't really have any effect on you, but after you've smoked it a couple times you start to feel the effects.

I basically have tried it once, and as you might have guessed, I felt nothing, never smoked it again. I also don't like the odor burning weed gives off. I do smoke regular cigs though.

One of my favorite comedy skits on weed is by Katt Williams, do be advised that this does contain heavy language:

Purple Red Panda

I like weed but don't use it much anymore, I'm far more interested in psychedelics these days.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Purple Red Panda said:

I like weed but don't use it much anymore, I'm far more interested in psychedelics these days.

The thing about psychedelics is that if abused they can cause a huge drop in drive; I know someone who has a masters in Biochemistry who is just brilliant, he graduated with honors in Australia, he basically just left his well paying job and basically lives off the land now.... his head is so way up in the clouds it's crazy. :ph34r: