Is there a place more active than here?

Peachtree

Not quite so unfortunate as my niece who is called Vanesse Dawn - don't think she uses 'Dawn' much.

I've some friends with worse. :-( Can't even say it here !

I think the most amusing unfortunate one was what the email admins made of a friend's first and last name.

Last name was Wat, and the first name started with a T ....and they combined them. Needless to say...

And I'll just end it there for this thread ....

That's OK, I have an over-active imagination... :lol: :lol:

That really is funny...I mean unfortunate :wink:

You're a CFI? Cool! In your song you make a couple references to Pitts. Is that what you fly? I own a Super Decathlon. Love doing those inverted spins.

Hi, Hammerhead!!

I don't own an airplane. I suppose that's fortunate, because I'd be even more impoverished than I am now, with all the rain we're having in Texas. That's my bread and butter being washed down to the water table. :(

I used to have somewhat regular access to a Pitts S-2B. One of my friends now has a Sukhoi Su-29, and I haven't yet had a chance to fly with him...what with his down time (partner taxied it into a crawfish pond in Louisiana during a competition) and now... all this rain. :roll:

I teach spins and aerobatics in the humblest of underpowered craft--the Cessna 152 Aerobat; it belongs to a flying club for which I am an instructor. It's actually quite OK for the basics. It can do non-competitively acceptable reverse Cubans, double snaps and avalanches..and of course upright spins for as long as one prudently wants to.

I have about 10 hours in a Super Decathlon--very nice! I have done some short and longer inverted spins in that and also in the Pitts (with a CFI), but I am not well-versed in them.

I am not into competition; if I had the $, I might be.

Very sorry about your back.:( I don't s'pose the flying helps, does it? The song is unfortunately fiction.

I have more songs--a whole album of them produced as a cassette (last of the breed) back in 1995. I am thinking of self-producing it as a CD, but first have to get the rights thing all straightened out.

osito

Islander 9 mentioned a chatroom, and yes we do have one, no I can't copy a link so I'll have to ask one of our (many) computer literate people to do it for me, in the meantime there is (are) a group chat, link to original post is:

http://www.asexuality.org/discussion/viewt...889&start=0

I haven't been in the chat room for months, so I can't say how well used it is, I used to go in at a time when I was th only one and I can (and do) talk to myself in rl,

Hi osito.

Yeah a plane can be rather expensive at times. I hate getting another A/D from the FAA in the mail. Wonder how many $1,000s this one is going to cost me. Sometimes I think it would have been better just to rent but there aren't any FBOs around here that rent Decathons.

Never flown a Pitts or Sukhoi. Heard the Pitts can be rather squirrely taxing in a cross wind. I have flown a Cessna Aerobat once. The only problem I had with it is the yoke, I much prefer stick.

My back is getting better and I went thru my BFR a month ago so I'm current again. Was surpised how rusty I got, not exactly doing grease landings. :D

Hope things are drying out in Texas.

Hammerhead

Hi, Hammerhead,

I am assuming this is the AD you are fretting over:

http://asms.casa.go.kr/asms_ad/file/2006-10-21.pdf

It's very hard to find any FBOs anywhere that rent Decathlons. We had one in Georgetown for a while (north of Austin) that rented for $85 an hour...that was 7-8 years ago. But the owner lost his medical and sold it. There have been a few others around now and then. The local Pitts S-2B, after my friend sold it, sat gathering dust and then it was bought by a guy in South Africa who runs big game safaris...mm-hmm, that will wake up the lions, I am sure.

I much prefer a stick too--it's so natural. But I have learned to accept that I am still fortunate to get to teack akro at all. Currently I am ther only active aerobatic instructor in Austin, which seems very odd to me.

Glad your back is better!!

Archived