• Often
    • Sometimes
    • Not often
    • I’ve only drank once or twice before
    • Ive never drank
    • I used to drink, but now I don’t

This poll is closed to new votes

J. van Deijck

Here in my country there's no such thing as legal drinking age. And I'm no different than my compatriots on that matter, I like wine and beer the most :P but I don't drink much because the medication I take interacts with alcohol.

I never acquired a taste for it and it’s expensive, so I don’t really drink at all. If at an event where social drinking is expected, I generally panic and order a gin and tonic, then nurse that for the entire evening as I try to get past the fact that sipping it is like drinking Pine Sol.

Lord Jade Cross

I caved slightly under pressure once and had about 2 beers at home. That was the only time I drank alcohol. Have not drank anything since nor am I planning to

I drank alcohol a bit when I was younger but decided to stop as I didn't like the taste or the feeling and effect of drinking

I enjoy alcohol but my body does not. I have GERD and alcohol is a trigger 🙃 I drink rarely, always pay for it when I do and hope that it's always worth it.

ICantThinkOfAUsernameToo

Yes I do. I drink around 2-3 times a month. I don't like getting drunk so I will drink until I'm tipsy. I like how care free I am when I'm tipsy. 

I love hennessy with coke, cocktails and ciders. The colder it is the better. A couple of weeks ago I went wine tasting and I feel inlove with white wine and champagne. I don't like red wine 

Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

I'm partial to dark beer, but I drink a fair bit of vodka and hard seltzer as well.

My answer was "sometimes", because I typically drink with rather inconsistent frequency and in varying amounts. Sometimes it's a six pack in a night one time in a week, other times it's a beer with dinner every night for a month...it just varies.

4 hours ago, StarryNightAllAlone said:

I'm of legal age, but I've never drunk alcohol and I don't plan on it. I don't think I'm better than people who drink alcohol or that there's anything wrong with people enjoying a drink. I just lack an interest in drinking and I find the side effects unappealing. I don't want to be unaware of my surroundings.

My girlfriend is the same way about it. 

Lysandre, the Star-Crossed
4 hours ago, Epic Tetus said:

I never acquired a taste for it and it’s expensive, so I don’t really drink at all. If at an event where social drinking is expected, I generally panic and order a gin and tonic, then nurse that for the entire evening as I try to get past the fact that sipping it is like drinking Pine Sol.

Oh my gosh, my partner's brother got me to try gin once...that's almost exactly what it tasted like, how Pine Sol smells. I wasn't feeling like I was going to throw up after the probably half a dozen White Claws, but I almost puked on the kitchen floor after the shots

Boondocks Paradox

I rarely drink and when I do, I drink either red or white wine because they pair well with charcuterie, pasta dishes, etc. I primarily use wine for cooking, when the recipe calls for it, and instructions call for burning off the alcohol from it.

I do miss drinking a Shirley Temple though, which is a non-alcoholic mixed drink.

Love red wine but don't have it anymore, have a Heineken on my birthday some years.... (used to drink in my 20s and teens, no more)

I rarely drink, but I like pretty much anything other than grappa or beer.

The last time I got drunk I was in my 20s and going to a club. I hated the feeling so much that I never got drunk again. I love cocktails but I only take sips off of other people rather than ordering a whole drink for myself.

I do not drink alcohol. Alcohol is poison (really is! a liver and a nerve poison), every sip causes harm (not necessary directly notable, but later maybe).

Some people say they like the taste. But there are so many other things that tast good, don't cause harm and don't make addicted.
So please, get rid of that shit.

J. van Deijck
7 hours ago, ICantThinkOfAUsernameToo said:

I don't like getting drunk so I will drink until I'm tipsy. I like how care free I am when I'm tipsy. 

Something like this, too. I'm more brave then in things I want to say or do :lol:

Spoiler

Still remember the day when I drank 4 bottles of Lindemans by myself and got crazy :lol:

• Like 1

I see almost no reason for me to turn down a drink when offered, but just one.

I'll have a couple of beers over many hours 2-3 times a week (if I'm doing somethings social), but that's really all.

• Like 1
ICantThinkOfAUsernameToo
1 hour ago, alsjeblieft said:

Something like this, too. I'm more brave then in things I want to say or do :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

Still remember the day when I drank 4 bottles of Lindemans by myself and got crazy :lol:

Spoiler

😂🤣It makes me more brave with boys

When I'm sober and talking to myself like "girl that's you. Okay" 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
2 minutes ago, ICantThinkOfAUsernameToo said:
  Hide contents

😂🤣It makes me more brave with boys

Spoiler

Kind of same, but also makes it easier to set firm boundaries :lol:

• Like 1
ICantThinkOfAUsernameToo
2 minutes ago, alsjeblieft said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

😂🤣My boundaries are pretty flexible when I'm tipsy😏😉

• Like 1

I don't drink often as I'm scared of the calories and my medication gets me absolutely hammered. I love the taste of certain wines and beers... but my favourite is probably moderate dry cider. 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

I absolutely love our lambic beers, especially kriek, and that particularly of the brand Lindemans. They have a lot of tastes and I just love them all.

21 hours ago, alsjeblieft said:
  Hide contents

Beware people, @alsjebliefthas been known to break the hands of those that attempt to fondle him.... :lol:

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
14 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Beware people, @alsjebliefthas been known to break the hands of those that attempt to fondle him.... :lol:

Only of warning 🤣

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, alsjeblieft said:

Only of warning 🤣

Ha! So you admit your bark is worse than your bite!

*attempts to fondle @alsjeblieft*

🤣

J. van Deijck
24 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Ha! So you admit your bark is worse than your bite!

*attempts to fondle @alsjeblieft*

🤣

No I've actually pushed someone who tried, there was a drama about it back in time :lol:

Our Lindemans, though. Best thing that has ever happened to this country.

• Like 1

I have a few beers at home reserved for weekend evenings. 

I'm a happy drunk so it gives me confidence.

I can't begin to tell how many job applications I've sent while drunk (because I needed the sort of courage only alcohol can give). I need alcohol to be social. It's the best anti-anxiety remedy there is. The trick is to know when to stop; when your teeth go numb Stop drinking. 

riskygamble

Meh, I don't mind having a beer every once in a while and I like to try different beers although I'm not a huge fan of the taste. I enjoy going to breweries but mostly for the food.

I like it but I don't like the depression that I experience the next day so I mostly don't drink.

4 hours ago, riskygamble said:

Meh, I don't mind having a beer every once in a while and I like to try different beers although I'm not a huge fan of the taste. I enjoy going to breweries but mostly for the food.

Have any of you that have been to breweries noticed the hops smell good when they're preparing beer? :D

I tried some alcoholic drinks shortly after turning 21. One was a beer and it was so acidic and bitter. I could only get a few sips of it and I quit. The other was some fruity drink, and it was so gross I gagged. Ugh. =(

I quickly decided that day that alcohol was not a taste worth acquiring. It's now been 12 years and haven't had any alcohol since and don't plan to ever again.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

It somewhat seems like a luck to live in a country where there's no such thing as legal drinking age. I had time to get used to the taste, and not being prone to addictions, I didn't fall into a loop.

But, on the other hand, it's not a luck, knowing how many people suffer from it.

• Like 1