• Often
    • Sometimes
    • Not often
    • I’ve only drank once or twice before
    • Ive never drank
    • I used to drink, but now I don’t

This poll is closed to new votes

TheSmolFoxWeeb

Bonus question: what alcoholic drink is the best?

as I am underage i cannot answer this bonus question

• Like 1
Anomaly Q3Xr

I cannot answer the second question, as I have previously drank loads over several years, but no longer drink at all.

I enjoyed cocktails mostly, never been into wine or beer, but due to having a dependency on alcohol I now do not drink at all.

Cocktails are the best, Pina Colada (pineapple, coconut, rum) is a favourite of mine, and enjoyed Sex on the Beach (vodka, peach schnapps, orange, and cranberry juice) too.

• Like 1
Deltalorian

So far, WKD. I don't like the aftertaste of most drinks I've tried- especially wine. I hate it. I'm still on the "trying alcoholic drinks when I come across them to map out what I do and don't like" if you get what I mean and so far, WKD is the best. Coke and Jack Daniels was pretty nice when I had it, I still didn't like the aftertaste, but it was something I could put up with. That's all that I can comment upon at this point in time.

• Like 3
TheSmolFoxWeeb
2 minutes ago, Sammie M said:

I cannot answer the second question, as I have previously drank loads over several years, but no longer drink at all.

I added an option for that now

• Like 1
Anomaly Q3Xr
1 minute ago, deltalorian said:

So far, WKD. I don't like the aftertaste of most drinks I've tried- especially wine. I hate it. I'm still on the "trying alcoholic drinks when I come across them to map out what I do and don't like" if you get what I mean and so far, WKD is the best. Coke and Jack Daniels was pretty nice when I had it, I still didn't like the aftertaste, but it was something I could put up with. That's all that I can comment upon at this point in time.

I used to drink a shed loads of WKD and similar stuff, like VK, etc, during my days of clubbing.

After the typical college shenanigans, I just have 2 beers a couple of nights a week, and occasionally when I'm dining out. Just looking for that nice buzz, nothing more.

I really like a nice sweet wine, either cherry or strawberry. Other than that Banana beer either the beer fermented from bananas or the beer with banana flavoring is lovely. I don't actually drink that often, but have found the occasional wine and reading to be a relaxing experience.

The French Unicorn

I tried to do as other people do, but not a lot and now I don't do it at all. I just don't like the taste. And as I won't drink just to get drunk... I don't see the appeal.

i don't mind the taste of alcohol itself, but i dislike the tastes of beer and wine. i don't drink often enough to have a favourite, but i am partial to gin. anything sweet and/or herbal is good too!

blunose2772

I enjoy a Vodka Cranberry and rum and Coke every now and then

• Like 1

I've tried some kinds but I didn't like the taste of any. I don't even like the lightly alcoholic stuff you get on your ice cream in some places, so I've decided it's just not for me. If I spot a new flavor of ice tea, however... 👀

everywhere and nowhere

I find the second question still too vague. "I used to drink" is technically correct - but only in the sense that yes, I tried alcohol. I never drank alcohol regularly and never got drunk, having tried alcohol a few times was enough to let me decide that I absolutely hate this taste and now I won't even drink alcohol on a very special occasion. I drank water out of a champagne glass at my mom's wedding and I drink children's champagne (which is like heavily carbonated lemonade) on New Year.

I have a bit of problems when buying mouthwash because a lot of brands contain alcohol and really, alcohol is just unbearable for me. There's a promotion at a store now and... Listerine mouthwash (several flavours of Listerine are alcohol-free) is quite expensive even including the discount (it's a "third product for 1 zloty" type of promotion). There is also cheaper "own brand" mouthwash which I tired before... one flavour is OK, one is quite unpleasant and the third contains alcohol. :( I'm still wondering whether to buy three identical bottles. (I would buy something else of the discounted products, but they don't have ultra soft toothbrushes, only soft and medium ones; they don't have herbal toothpaste, and I prefer it because I love everything herbal...)

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I used to drink kind of a lot when I was in college, but now I rarely do, only on special occasions.

I like wine the most, but also enjoy beer and a few other drinks.

I drink once or twice a week, sometimes less. I was a borderline alcoholic during a couple points of my life, so that’s less than before.

Sarah-Sylvia

Alcohol is an acquired taste, though even then it doesn't taste that great xD.

I like certain normal beer on occasion, which is really far in between right now.
Ceasars taste really good to me tho :D (savory drink)

Purple Red Panda

I pretty much dislike the taste of alcohol. I'm a recovering alcoholic so I don't drink at all now but when I did it was for the effects of alcohol and not the taste as aside from a few liqueurs I'm not a fan of alcoholic drinks flavour wise.

I can't drink, I take lithium.

• Like 1

Before I was on all this medication I would have the occasional rare drink (frequency probably once a month, IF that) but alcohol I never really had a big interest in, in general because I was super particular with how I liked my drinks (smell, texture, taste, etc.). I primarily drank vodka (I jokingly say it's my Russian blood so it was my drink, haha). Since I started on my chronic pain and narcolepsy medicine, I really can't drink without risking a really bad side effect on my body. So I just stay away from it in general. 

Purple Red Panda
4 minutes ago, alto said:

I can't drink, I take lithium.

I was far less sensible when it came to that. The fact that I've never had liver problems verges on miracle territory.

• Like 1
Sister Mercurial

I've tried all sorts of alcohol and enjoy most of them.  Going to have some Pinot Grigio tonight.  But not quite yet, because I need to catch up on Twitter and it's safer to do that before drinking.  

Blueberry Pie

I can't legally drink yet (I'm 20 and the legal age in the U.S. is 21). However, I don't plan to drink anyway.

Milque Toast

the sight/smell of alcohol (and smoking) is fairly triggering for me (depends on the day as well) so I'm probably not gonna be drinking until I'm ok with being in the same room as a can of beer. then again, it's not like I have to drink anyways

• Like 1

I have tasted it from time to time when I was younger and people pressured me to try, and eventually I got strong enough to just say no thanks. I can't stand the taste of alcohol and don't see any reason to acquire a taste for it myself. If others want to imbibe that's their business. Just leave me out of any drunken shenanigans. I have had too many less than pleasant encounters with drunks and alcoholics.

Edited by daveb
  • Like 2

I suppose I drink 'often' rather than 'sometimes', cause I tend to have a drink on more days on the week than not. I like the taste of certain types of alcohol, like beer and wine (but not all of them) and some types of rum and liquor. And I like the buzz I get from drinking, but I hardly ever drink any more than that. I've done my fair share of that during my teen and uni years.

Uhhm. Well. Apparently these days the correct way to characterise my relationship with alcohol is to say I have an 'alcohol use disorder'. So there's that.

I accidentally drank cooking alcohol once. It was icky.

Blue eyes white dragon

I like it, I only had my first drink ls this past week lol but it'd be more occasional or when I go out to eat. I can't drink too much because I might have a blood issue but some isn't bad for me. I definitely like rum and tequila, the whiskey part was good but wasn't paired well in one of the drinks 

StarryNightAllAlone

I'm of legal age, but I've never drunk alcohol and I don't plan on it. I don't think I'm better than people who drink alcohol or that there's anything wrong with people enjoying a drink. I just lack an interest in drinking and I find the side effects unappealing. I don't want to be unaware of my surroundings.

• Like 1