The Beatles accused of asexuality?

Jordan

Source: Shout! The Beatles In Their Generation(link)

Sort of, I guess. This came as quite a shock to me, cause after all, I don't think the idea of asexuality was really anywhere in the 1960s, save in the Satanic Bible. But that came out in 1969. And the Beatles were a part of the sexual revolution. Interesting coincidence.

2014 Mod Edit: For future references, the interested sentence of this book says:

The New York Herald Tribune, next morning, called then "75 per cent publicity, 20 per cent haircut, and 5 per cent lilting lament". The Washington Post called them "asexual and homely".

I'm confused. I know John Lennon in particular was extremely sexually adventurous. Th eonly Beatles song I can think of that may be construed as asexual is "I'm happy just to dance with you".

But, where does it say it?

I don't think they're being accused of being asexual people... It was an insult against them, maybe remarking on how clone-like they all seemed? I mean, it just doesn't seem like the columnist would remark on their sexual orientation and then say, "And they're damn ugly, too!"

Iunno. Just my two cents.

I don't think they're being accused of being asexual people... It was an insult against them, maybe remarking on how clone-like they all seemed? I mean, it just doesn't seem like the columnist would remark on their sexual orientation and then say, "And they're damn ugly, too!"

Iunno. Just my two cents.

The columnist probably meant that they were not sexually promiscuous. But that columnist had no idea what they did in Hamburg. :lol:

I just find it so shocking the term "asexual" could even be remotely associated with them 'cause of '60s culture.

I rather do not think of the Beatles as A, but still way cool nonetheless. And yes, I think that they were a big part of the sexual revolution.

"All you need is LOVE." - The Beatles.

*loved and still loves the Beatles*

I believe that my first record was a Beatles single. This was shortly before the record-smashing riots that stemmed from the idea that they were more popular than Jesus. I think that my mother bought it for me.

Then later there was the hoax that Paul was dead. I was unsure of that, but several friends were convinced that he was and believed those "hints" on the albums.

Fun times.

Archived