noticing good looking men...

mackat5

The old lady ain't dead as yet!! I still do notice the good looking men. To explain, a young man who used to live across the street from me with his Mother drove past my place this afternoon. He has grown up to be a VERY good looking young man. He was in grade school when they lived near me. Interesting thing is, he's good looking, but.... nothing more for me at least. BUT I do like to look!!! :D

I like to look too... to see how beautiful/handsome people can be

Elizabeth I

This is one reason I have to wonder if I am, in fact, asexual. I really DO enjoy looking at, and spending time ...with men. The ones I am attracted to are usually very rogueish too.

I always liked Paul McCartney, Colin Farrell, Craig Ferguson and Billy Connolly....all VERY sexual men.

Maybe I'm just a raging Celtophile?

Lizzie

I like good-looking guys AND gals. And yes, I've noticed that I enjoy the company of good-looking people, too.

*sigh* I just sounded so superficial just then.

• 2 weeks later...
I like good-looking guys AND gals. And yes, I've noticed that I enjoy the company of good-looking people, too.

*sigh* I just sounded so superficial just then.

No, just human. It's part of the 'curse' the ancient Greeeks left us with...what is beautiful is necessarily good. The Celts, on the other hand believed that disfigurements were a result of being touched by the gods...

I also like to stand next to the fellows that are 6'3" or more. After all, they're taller than me then!!!!! :lol: Somebody that I can actualy look up to!

xBlackxRainx

It's weird with me, I acknowledge attractive people, particularly men, and then something clicks in my mind that I should stay away from them at all costs because they are dangerous....I act normal around them and treat them like any other human being, but I avoid letting them near, and don't even build the slightest trust with them...

It's weird with me, I acknowledge attractive people, particularly men, and then something clicks in my mind that I should stay away from them at all costs because they are dangerous....I act normal around them and treat them like any other human being, but I avoid letting them near, and don't even build the slightest trust with them...

I can understand this.

I tend not to trust beautiful people.

They are often a bit full of themselves, having gotten by more on looks and less on merit than we ordinary folks, or so I think...and therefore have developed less character and learned fewer lessons, or so my stereotyping runs...

And besides, they have in the past spurned my (albeit asexual) interest in them...(aha!). Which hurt.

I cannot help being physically attracted (like in those studies they've done with babies) at the same time I feel wariness and sometimes anger rise up. They are dangerous...look how serious this thread suddenly got.:x

That said, I have been graced with the opportunity to (really) be in the presence of Craig Ferguson for about fifteen minutes, as a guest on the LLS. He was charming!!

Ah, there's my confessional for a Friday evening. carpe diem, pax vobiscum.

osito

I was surprised to learn he was one of the UK's leading comedians (albeit in 1994) as I haven't actually heard of him. Still, as my sons keep telling me, I'm a bit 'out of it' - that isn't true, I'm completely out of it! :lol:

When I was younger and bemoaning the fact I hated my nose, I can remember my mother saying to me that I needed to develop a personality to compensate ( :shock: :shock: , mother, you were supposed to boost my confidence!).

But I still look, I even flirt now. Being old fat and ugly, no-one is ever going to take me seriously so I can have fun!

Genetically_Dead

Looks don't interest me in the least. I find most men to be uninteresting as the ones I seem to meet want to have a friendship with benefits. :(

That's why gay men are such great friends!! I get the friendship, can sleep in the same house, and absolutely nothing other than friendship is ever expected!!! Plus, there are more than a few gay men who are VERY good looking! The best of both worlds for me! I can look, be friendly, and nothing more.

• 10 months later...
UnicornLady

I'm an æsthete: I love beauty of all kinds. Beautiful people, beautiful art, whatever. I can love looking at someone beautiful without wanting to have sex with them.

*shrug* I like looking, too. From a distance, some people are nice to see. I still don't want them around me expecting a grope, though.

Archived