Sexual to sexual question concerning sexual attraction

Revenge of Rain

Revenge of Rain

I think about sex fairly often I suppose, whether in some vague sense or more explicitly. Something I often notice however is that the attraction never really appears or stays when I'm 'around' someone I'm possibly otherwise very sexually attracted to. That is, if I'm talking or similarly engaged in some way with them. I wonder if most sexuals are like this, or am I just odd and bad at multitasking?

Yeah! It's hard to think about how great they look when you're trying to focus on the words you're saying, or that they're saying. ^^ I get that too sometimes. Or like, it will turn into "she has such a cute smile/mannerisms/voice" which isn't quite sexual attraction (for me at least).

Revenge of Rain
Yeah! It's hard to think about how great they look when you're trying to focus on the words you're saying, or that they're saying. ^^ I get that too sometimes. Or like, it will turn into "she has such a cute smile/mannerisms/voice" which isn't quite sexual attraction (for me at least).

Yeah it's the same with me. I can still be attracted to people when I'm engaged with them. It's just never the sexual sort. I guess this is all pretty helpful actually. It would probably be more difficult otherwise

I can't say that I've *never* been so attracted to someone that it distracted me when I talked to them, but for the most part I don't think about it very much unless I'm in an explicitly sexual situation. If I'm doing something that takes attention, the sex drive is typically on the back burner.

I've realized in the past months that, what I thought was sexual attraction wasn't it at all. It was simply a feeling of affectation, mutual bonding, which is completely different from sexual attraction.

I've noticed that as I settle more and more into my role of cat lady, that I have similar feelings towards my cats! And they're animals, NOT people! So, that further confirms that, in my life, I've never experienced sexual attraction, ever.

For me, the sexual attraction to a specific person never goes away in conversation or any other activity. I'm always aware of it, but I just try and ignore it and focus on other things, or mix it in with what is going on so that I can still hold a good conversation etc. But it looks like what I do is actually the more uncommon thing, from the other replies.

I have to agree that sexual attraction doesn't go away simply because I'm engaged in conversation or anything else completely non-sexual. But it becomes basically the last thing on my mind, I'm still aware of it but everything else takes precedence over it.

Archived