1. 1.

• Male
    • Female
    • Intersexed
    • Transsexual (M to F)
    • Transsexual (F to M)

This poll is closed to new votes

Nico-Nico Friendo

Since there are many new members here. I'd like to see the statistics as they are presently.

This may help to better answer the question (among other questions) of whether asexuality is more common in females than males or if the ratio is about even.

So I'd like to encourage everyone to participate, please.

Note: If I left out an option, I am sorry. I couldn't think of anything else.

Yay! I can vote intersexed!

Nico-Nico Friendo
Yay! I can vote intersexed!

:D

November Rain

When you say 'biological sex' are you talking anatomically, chromosomally or what?

Any way, I'm male.

ratatosk_lemur
When you say 'biological sex' are you talking anatomically, chromosomally or what?

Any way, I'm male.

I assume the presence of an intersexed option means that it was assumed that if those don't line up, the person in question was intersexed.

Female all-round.

I'll be interested to see the poll results, especially since you added Parth's category. I haven't paid much attention to the biological genders of our members.

arr, I be female. and a pirate, apparently. Woo up after 4am brain!

I heartily approve of revamping the biosex poll.

Hallu, this'd be a very good post to put in the next Digest!

Glitter Spock

I'd like to say that there are other biological trans identities than just MtF and FtM, and an option for 'other' might be useful.

FelineFanatic

Should Lunamoth wish to include more options and have trouble adding them, I would certainly help with this.

FF site mod

Yay, more choices (and leaving fewer people out). :)

"Other" could still be added.

By "biological sex", I believe that that would be based on natal plumbing. Other than intersex, a boy born with an innie would be FtM, and a girl born with an outie would be MtF, regardless of surgery afterwards, yes, meaning that a pre-op or non-op FtM would be trans FtM?

Parth, of course, being a gender-fluid girl born an innie but with XY chrommies has a category to check now, too. 8)

There are of course many shades of many of these categories, and some consider being TS a form of being intersex--having the brain, or pertinent parts of it of being of one gender and being born with the plumbing of another, but all in all, the poll is a good idea.

*votes*

Hallucigenia
Hallu, this'd be a very good post to put in the next Digest!

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

I have to admit... I'm pretty good about checking most of the boards, but sometimes I don't read the Census Forum (too much "what color is your toothbrush?" for me) so if you see another thread here that you want to be digested, your best bet is PM. :oops:

(Same goes for Welcome Area, Alternate Languages, and JFF. I'm not sure if anyone reads all of JFF. :shock: )

Nico-Nico Friendo

I can't believe there have been 317 views of this page and only 52 votes! Come on, peoples! I voted! :o

Hallucigenia

I didn't vote because I'm not asexual. :P

Some people have also probably viewed this thread more than once.

I voted, but I really don't think that a poll like this is an accurate representation of how asexuality is distributed.

I couldn't find any hard results, but I think women are more commonly found on community forums than men. I also think that less men are willing to openly admit to having no interest in sex, because in this day and age, society says that they are less masculine than the guys who bang everything in sight.

Just my two opinionated cents...

But, it only lets you vote once. It only shows you the results after you've voted.

ratatosk_lemur

But, it only lets you vote once. It only shows you the results after you've voted.

Wasn't that the point? That if people view it multiple times, it will get more views, but they won't be voting repeatedly.

Oh right. I missed the earlier post in the discussion :P

Yeah, I've viewed it at least 6 times now.

However, just a few people have posted, yet several people have voted. 55 in one week's time is rather good. Perhaps in a few more weeks we might have over 100, and that would give very good statistics.

I will bet that about 2/3 or so are female.

*am interested in how many IS and TS people there are*

As long as we keep bumping this thread by posting, more people will see it and vote. :)

64 votes now. Yay!

And 3 FtM's. Cool. 8)

I voted. I voted female in fact.

Nico-Nico Friendo

*Bump!*

Keep those votes coming! :D

Archived