Participants wanted for UK's first asexual rights initiative!

I have partnered with Europe's biggest LGBTQ+ rights organisation, Stonewall, to develop the UK's first ever asexual rights initiative - the Stonewall x Yasmin Benoit Ace Project. We are producing a report into acephobia in the UK so that we can ensure that asexuality is a recognised and protected orientation.

If you have ever experienced any degree of acephobia in the workplace, education or healthcare, are at least 18 and based in the UK, then we want to hear from you! You can now register your interest in participating in the research:

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/stonewall-x-yasmin-benoit-ace-project

You can also contact me directly at yasmin.benoit@stonewall.org.uk. We are looking for participants to take part in our focus groups. You would be compensated for your time! If you can't take part, please spread the word about the project so that we can attract more participants!

• Like 10
everywhere and nowhere

I'm not UK-based, but I greatly appreciate and support the idea. It's a dream of mine to have asexuality included in laws banning conversion "therapy". Particularly given how few people realise that ace-to-allo conversion "therapy" is actually common, usually done in different circles than gay-to-straight conversion "therapy", but perhaps even more common...

• Like 2
Sister Mercurial

Emailed you a few weeks ago about all the hassle I'm getting from my GP practice who are in breach of GDPR for harassing me about a test I don't need and for which I've opted out of notifications, but would you believe, they sent me more nuisance texts on the same subject today, so I've CC-ed you into the complaint to them and the ICO.  

10 minutes ago, Sister Mercurial said:

Emailed you a few weeks ago about all the hassle I'm getting from my GP practice who are in breach of GDPR for harassing me about a test I don't need and for which I've opted out of notifications, but would you believe, they sent me more nuisance texts on the same subject today, so I've CC-ed you into the complaint to them and the ICO.  

Hi! I believe I've gotten back to everyone who emailed expressing their interest in taking part in the research. If you haven't received a response, would you mind resending it to yasmin.benoit@stonewall.org.uk, as it was originally printed as yasmin.benoit@stonewall.CO.uk which is incorrect. Thanks!