Data/interview search for my thesis on Asexuality!

Georgia Skerritt

Hi friends,

I've discovered and been exploring/accepting my asexuality for the last year, and now I want to write my bachelor's graduation thesis on it. I'm looking into how compulsory sexuality has emerged as sex becomes commodified in capitalist societies. As sex has become a profitable industry, how does it affects the understanding and representation of asexuality in cultural media and academic literature? We all know how little attention is given to asexual visibility and representation in both cultural and academic spheres, so I want to dive in and fill some knowledge gaps... I want to amplify ace and aro voices within hypersexualized and consumerist cultures. This is obviously a rough draft/WIP, but I wanted to get the ball rolling and invited EVERYBODY reading this to contribute over the next several months if you'd like -- I'd love to include your voices.

Also, I'm new to this platform, so I'm bad at it.. lol. But, I'm hoping to eventually add some sort of online questionnaire to this thread, and start to network with anyone interested in interviewing. Also, I just want to meet people! I'm the only ace person I know, so I'm excited to use this opportunity to strengthen outside understanding of ace/aro experiences, but also to strengthen this community from within by fostering social connections. If anyone wants to get in contact with me for this project, my Instagram is @georgiachillout  ❤️ Excited to meet you all and work with you this summer/fall.

Peace,

Georgia :D 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Georgia Skerritt said:

Hi friends,

I've discovered and been exploring/accepting my asexuality for the last year, and now I want to write my bachelor's graduation thesis on it. I'm looking into how compulsory sexuality has emerged as sex becomes commodified in capitalist societies. As sex has become a profitable industry, how does it affects the understanding and representation of asexuality in cultural media and academic literature? We all know how little attention is given to asexual visibility and representation in both cultural and academic spheres, so I want to dive in and fill some knowledge gaps... I want to amplify ace and aro voices within hypersexualized and consumerist cultures. This is obviously a rough draft/WIP, but I wanted to get the ball rolling and invited EVERYBODY reading this to contribute over the next several months if you'd like -- I'd love to include your voices.

Also, I'm new to this platform, so I'm bad at it.. lol. But, I'm hoping to eventually add some sort of online questionnaire to this thread, and start to network with anyone interested in interviewing. Also, I just want to meet people! I'm the only ace person I know, so I'm excited to use this opportunity to strengthen outside understanding of ace/aro experiences, but also to strengthen this community from within by fostering social connections. If anyone wants to get in contact with me for this project, my Instagram is @georgiachillout  ❤️ Excited to meet you all and work with you this summer/fall.

Peace,

Georgia :D 

Sadly I'm not on Instagram, it's all a bit too technical for me, but I would be happy to contribute in any way I can to your studies.

I'm not on Instagram either, but you can message me through Aven and I'll help with your project.

I do not have Instagram, but would also be happy to help.

Georgia Skerritt
On 4/26/2022 at 2:18 AM, thylacine said:

I'm not on Instagram either, but you can message me through Aven and I'll help with your project.

Hey, yeah of course. Will likely be in the next month or so, as this is the very first stage of my process. Once my academic semester ends, I'm hoping to focus more on developing my research for this. :) looking forward to talking more over time!

• Like 1
Georgia Skerritt
On 5/1/2022 at 4:05 AM, ruleofthree said:

I'm not on instagram either but would be happy to participate. Maybe you could post a link to your questionnaire here?

Yes, that's the plan! It will likely be off in the future (the thesis is due in December), but I will definitely be sharing a link here for people to respond to.

PhoenixGhostie

I don't have instagram but I would love to participate! I have a fair few stories and am connected to several other ace people in my school/friend circle. You can contact me on AVEN if that works, or I can give you my email if you want it! 

thylacine
13 hours ago, Georgia Skerritt said:

Hey, yeah of course. Will likely be in the next month or so, as this is the very first stage of my process. Once my academic semester ends, I'm hoping to focus more on developing my research for this. :) looking forward to talking more over time!

Okay, fine.  If I don't get back to you right away, I'm just busy and I'll eventually reply.

• 1 month later...

Like most other commenters, I don't have Instagram, but I would like to help out too. This site's messaging should do the trick if you need to share the questionnaire. Good luck!