Straight-Asexual People

Chrispy

Is It Possibel To Be Asexual But Still Attracted A Little More To The Opposite Sex?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I feel so stupid for making this post, but I want to be sure about something.

I just found this site and I'm still questioning if I'm asexual. From the research I've done I'm pretty sure I am, but I wanted to have a clearer understanding of a few things about asexuality.

I just read the poll results that ask if you're straight-asexual, asexual-asexual, bi-asexual, and so on. I didn't know there was different types like that. I'm not really sure what would qualify for a person to be straight-asexual, but I think I might be considered that. I don't want a romantic relationship and I've never had a boyfriend because I don't feel a stong attraction to either sex. However, I do feel differently about guys than I do females. I really don't know how to explain the way I feel about this, but I'm going to try. When I think a guy is cute, sometimes I think he's "hot" (depending on the specific guy). But when I think a girl is cute I mean she just looks pretty or has on a nice outfit or something. I think if I wasn't asexual, I would be 100% straight. Does that make me straight-asexual?

Sure, why not?

I think the term we use most often is "hetero-romantic" asexual.

It can also be called straight asexual or straight-A.

Sometimes asexuals can be drawn to a particular gender (or certain gender behaviors) more than sex. It can get pretty complicated!

-GB

Sure. I've always been drawen to men as friends. I just have to be able trust them. Trust is a big issue for me.

I think I fit into this category. I'm female and asexual but I'm also aesthically attracted to men. But I'm not sure that it even extends to a romantic attraction. :?

• 3 weeks later...

Were I not asexual, I am sure that I would be lesbian.

Goodness, does this really require a poll?

Since I've only really felt romantically attracted to two actual people, the way I know for sure that I'm heteromantic rather than, say, biromantic is by looking at how I feel about fictional characters. There have been plenty of male characters in films, TV shows, etc. that I've been attracted to, but I've never had that sort of feeling for any female characters.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm genderqueer. I could see myself in an asexual relationship with a different kind of asexual genderqueer -so yes!

• 1 month later...

Let me explain this.

Asexuality is not being sexually attracted to people. You can however be physically attracted, emotionally attracted and spiritually attracted to people. Being "Physically attracted" to someone means you can find them attractive, pretty, beautiful and so on, and want to spend time with them, kiss them, cuddle them, but not have sexual relations with them. That's the reason why there is straight asexuals, bi asexuals and gay asexuals.

I am a straight asexual. I don't find men attractive at all, but I think women are beautiful. I just don't fansy sex is all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
AFlyingPiglet

I'm Asexual and consider myself Hetero-Aromantic. This makes more sense to me than me saying that I'm hetero-romantic.

Hetero-Romantic would be an over-statement as I don't really consider myself to have a romantic drive but I am more 'attracted' to the oppsite sex than to my own (and thus the use of Hetero in my description of myself).

I know what I mean, even if it doesn't make any sense to anyone else! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Sure it is. Because of typical personality attraction, aesthetical attraction and other things.

mad_scientist

I'm heteroromantic. I have had a very difficult time trying to explain that yes, I am only attracted to one sex, and no, I am not sexually attracted to anyone. Apparently the concept of my partner's sex having an effect even though I don't desire having sex with them is confusing to some people.

I'm heteroromantic. I have had a very difficult time trying to explain that yes, I am only attracted to one sex, and no, I am not sexually attracted to anyone. Apparently the concept of my partner's sex having an effect even though I don't desire having sex with them is confusing to some people.

Confusing gender with sex, I think.

I am romantically attracted to the opposite gender. I am not attracted to sexual intercourse. :)

I am begrudgingly attracted to men, whenever I do seem to fall victim to some romantic whim. I have some wickedly strong bonds with females, but it has never been anything beyond platonic so I consider myself straight.

Though if I could just get past that platonic hurdle I'm sure I'd make a better husband than wife... :lol:

Archived