anyone else find kissing repulsive?

nicole

I've dated three guys, all for fairly short amounts of time. The first one, we kissed once and that was it. (We were pretty young.) The second one, we kissed once and I wanted to kill myself afterward. It was horrible, and he sensed it too. Bless his heart. But he was a sexual addict, so although he was perfectly willing to abide by my boundaries while I tried to figure out what on earth was my problem, he also lost interest in me. The third guy, kissing wasn't as bad, but eventually I got to a point with him as well that I was like, ugh, this is gross. And I mean mouth to mouth kissing. Anyone else find this to be far more repulsive than anything else ever in the whole world? I feel like a freak, but I just can't stand people's faces to be that close to mine. It's gross.

You won't find that you're alone, believe me. :)

As for me... I gag at the thought of open mouthed kissing. It's just so messy and pointless (a bit like sex, bwahahahah.) Small pecks, however, I'm quite fond of. Just a quick cute kiss that's over almost as soon as it's finished.. in fact, the only good memory I have of my last relationship with a male is a sweet kiss in the middle of a HMV store. :lol:

Anything else is just gross though, seriously. I'll never understand the appeal.

Shortass Lady

You're not the only one nicole! This has been discussed on AVEN before, and many people here dislike french-kissing. I find it gross and pointless too. I can't understand why it's such a popular activity in western culture. What can it achieve that a peck or a long hug can't? It's just slobbery and...yeuch!

I was surprised to learn that I didn't hate it and even enjoyed it, but have since looked into why kissing at all is pleasurable. I mean, think, it doesn't seem overtly sexual, so from an evolutionary perspective, what's the purpose?

What I found is that we have a nest of nerves on our upper lips (try scratching between your nose and mouth with a fingernail, then scratching your cheek, you'll feel the difference) that can be stimulated by a kiss. While a closed mouth kiss is capable of doing that, and as far as I can tell, a lot more meaningful (because it means that it isn't an action for the purpose of said stimulation), it happens much more quickly and easily for most people with all of that slobbery grossness. I don't know why it does, but it does. I've given up figuring out the reason, and figure, some like it, some don't.

And you're far from alone. I know sexuals who don't like frenchies.

I didn't 'hate' it, didn't 'need more' but I'd say my major complaint about kissing is that it's usually a given that it's going to lead to more. Groping and eventually horizontal positions. I don't want that and I don't want to lead anyone on that there's hope of that.

SorryNotSorry

I find the idea of kissing just plain unhygienic... though I admit my sense of smell is so far gone, I'd have less of a problem than most men would with some clingy woman whose breath broadcasts an aroma of garlic or cigarettes.

I used to find the thought disgusting. When I did it though, it wasn't disgusting at all, and not because I enjoyed it - the experience itself was pretty neutral. Now the thought doesn't disgust me anymore. The repulsed reaction to people doing it around me has been replaced by a disturbed one, because I vividly remember feeling disturbed afterwards that I'd have to keep doing it and pretending it was spontaneous and mutual. I feel strangely cut off from society when I see people French kiss, as I felt cut off from my partner.

I really dislike kissing. Having other people's saliva in my mouth is a distasteful prospect...pun intended.

I'll never understand what people enjoy about it. It's clostrophobic, having someone not only sharing saliva, but breathing all over your face.

I've never kissed anyone, and I hope never to have to experience it.

I find the thought of it quite disgusting. It doesn't appear as horrible as it used to as I've become more accepting that it is something people do.

Shooting Star

I remember one scened in "Good Will Hunting", where right in the midst of munching down big greasy burgers, Will and Skye kiss. The only thought racing through my mind as I visibly cringed was, "at least they could've washed their mouths first. "

With tongues, yes. A few years back, when I was in my one and only relationship with someone, she French kissed me a few times, and I absolutely hated it, thought it was disgusting, didn't have the guts to tell her though!

That was before I discovered the term "asexual". I am never doing that again. If I ever have another relationship in the future it's gonna be with a fellow A who feels the same about Frenching as I do!

I wonder if French kissing is just an European cultural habit. Does someone know?

No, it's not just European.

I find kissing to be kind of gross. It feels somewhat akin to if someone suggested touching eyeballs.

PopePancake

Kissing is gross. Ugh. The first time, it felt gross and weird. Any other time, it just felt gross. I don't know if it's just me, or if every guy I've kissed wanted to do french kissing. UGH.

*pukes*

[OCD]My knee-jerk reaction to even thinking about it is to wipe my mouth with my hand. It's sort of saddening and annoying.[/OCD]

Small pecks, however, I'm quite fond of. Just a quick cute kiss that's over almost as soon as it's finished..

My thoughts exactly. Those are also one of the very few public displays of affection I do not consider offensive.

Never really tried kissing anyone - other than my former dogs and a baby in my family, which didn't seem unpleasant at all.

Kissing a guy though I can't really fathom, or at least, I don't think I'd like it.

Something I'd almost forgotten is that when I was a kid, at a party a couple of guys kissed me against my will, and I didn't like it at all.

Flour Confessor

Kissing has always seemed like a foreign concept to me. I can't at all picture me doing it to someone else, and like Hayley, the only form of it I don't consider totally unappealing would be a quick peck. But even then, probably not on the mouth.

It's not really that it freaks me out; it's just something I don't have any desire to take part in. Like... caviar. People like it, but I can't figure out why or imagine myself enjoying it. I guess I'd give it a shot if I ever ended up in a situation where it felt right, but until then I'm perfectly content to leave it as "something other people do."

SorryNotSorry

Hmm... well, I guess if I was married, the only person I'd let kiss me on my mouth, would have to be my wife... breath mints can really work wonders, even for a lady who's just had a cigarette. ;-)

Tounge-kissing seems incredibly rediculous, and pretty gross. If anyone ever did it to me I'd probably spit in the nearest place I could spit and then burst out laughing.

ratatosk_lemur

Seeing other people kiss grosses me out; I imagine that I'd find actually kissing someone gross enough to make me vomit, but I have no intention of actually trying it. As for tounge-kissing, it took me quite a while to believe people were serious when they mentioned it--for a while I just assumed it was some sort of gross joke.

It's not really that it freaks me out; it's just something I don't have any desire to take part in. Like... caviar.

That is worded very well. Kissing does not do much for me. I remember once having someone's tongue in my mouth thinking how can anyone like this. I'll pass on the caviar also.. thank you.

It's strange, I just realized this: I'm fine with saying I'm not into sex even though I've never had it...but I still feel like I can't say I'm not into kissing until I've tried it more. :roll: The only times I've ever kissed people, I was...err...intoxicated...maybe that's saying something right there. :?

browncoatrebel

You're not the only one.

I've kissed a few guys--three, if memory serves, and it was gross. Haven't done that in a while.

Earlier this year I kissed a lesbian friend as a protest against a crazy fundie preacher on my campus who was spewing queer hate speech. (There was a drag parade along with the queer makeout session.) I was doing it just to make the point that I was against what Crazy Fundie Preacher was spewing, but I also wondered if kissing a girl would be different than kissing a guy. Nope, it was gross too.

Amusingly enough, the friend said afterward, "You know, you're a really lousy kisser." I said, "Uh, yeah, I'm asexual. That doesn't turn me on." She said, somewhat embarrassed, "Right...I thought of that. Actually, it makes sense."

Sara

Archived