Asexuality on fanfiction.net

Seien Hananosei

Seien Hananosei

There's not much about asexuality on fanfiction, but I'm writing a series of them for different anime that I like. Currently one of Hinata from Naruto. Here's a link if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.fanfiction.net/secure/live_prev...8&chapter=1

While on that topic, if anyone does go to see it, constructive criticism is appreciated, thanks. ^_^

Hey, that link didn't work 'cause it was your preview but I found it by using the same variables in the links. The story link is:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3604428/1/

Wow, that's a very... graphic story :lol:

But I liked it.

• 2 weeks later...

Spiffy, Hinata is one of my favorite characters! I could see her as a heteroromantic asexual. The link tells me I need an account though.... =(

There is an asexual character in "Naruto"? That makes me want to check it out, 'cause I have neither read it nor seen it. :)

There is an asexual character in "Naruto"? That makes me want to check it out, 'cause I have neither read it nor seen it. :)

There is no evidence inside the show that Hinata is asexual. She's strongly heteroromantic, and there's nothing to suggest her feelings are entirely platonic, but it's ambiguous enough that a good fanfiction writer could portray her as asexual while staying true to the character as shown.

Shadow girl

I write stories a lot but have yet to post any of them.

Glitter Spock
It was a story on Fanfiction.net that clued me into the fact I was asexual.

it's from Invader Zim and it's really good

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3519238/1/

I'm up to date on that one, and I think the author's a bit lacking in knowledge about his own orientation. There was one paragraph in one of the chapters in which Gaz was thinking about how being asexual makes her able to judge people not by their looks like sexuals do. Arg. Asexuals can have standards and be shallow just like sexuals!

• 1 month later...

In regards to your sig pic, I could actually easily propose that L from Death Note is asexual. I wouldn't be surprised if Light was as well.

• 1 month later...
Wings of a Dream

I think it's pretty safe to say that there are a good few characters in Naruto who can at least be suspected of being asexual in some form. I think it's pretty safe to say that Gaara is and I think Sasuke probably is as well even if he does say he'll revive his clan, (which he'd need a wife to do). There are a bunch of others as well but to avoid rambling, I'll stop for now XD

I always loved Sakura and Syaoran in Card Captor Sakura. I'd say that most fanfics in that section are pretty innocent and lemon-free.

Wings of a Dream
I always loved Sakura and Syaoran in Card Captor Sakura. I'd say that most fanfics in that section are pretty innocent and lemon-free.

Really? That's not my experience of that couple ^_^;

>_< Well, I find it easier to find them there. What with the characters being so young, usually.

Wings of a Dream

I find that most fanfictions usually age the characters to an acceptable level to do that sort of thing. Of course, then there are the sick ones that don't but we won't even think of those lol.

I'm sure they are out there, I just haven't looked in the right place XD Or things have changed. It's been a good couple of years since I was so into Cardcaptor Sakura that I went out and hunted down fanfiction for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Go for it! They need more asexual stories on there.

Definitely. I'm tired of fanfics in which an asexual is made "normal" via magical healing sex.

Definitely. I'm tired of fanfics in which an asexual is made "normal" via magical healing sex.

They do something like that a lot with Sasuke from the anime Naruto. :? They'll even describe him as asexual, explicitly or implicitly, and then make him have sex with someone.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on a fanfiction of Guilty Gear between Venom and Eddie since in the game they say venom was gay and had an attraction to eddie I was gonna make it like an asexual love. A sad one too and I was gonna put it on fanfiction.net I'm probably gonna post in celebration time when I post it so everyone can read it ._. sry I'm proud of my work. I'm not a shonen ai or yaoi fan..I rather avoid it but this story is sad so..I guess I don't mind it then if it's sad.

• 2 months later...
Shadow girl

Yeah plus it gets a lot of stories way too steamed up and messes up the whole story. Thats when I'm like "Forget it I'll move on".

I don't know why people feel the need to put sex in FanFictions. It rarely does anything at all except, perhaps, to satisfy the writer's own, and frankly odd, desires.

Perhaps I'll stick some of mine up (edit: anyone who makes innuendo from this will have their hubcaps eaten by pixies). I usually go for a horror approach.

I don't know why people feel the need to put sex in FanFictions. It rarely does anything at all except, perhaps, to satisfy the writer's own, and frankly odd, desires.

Perhaps I'll stick some of mine up (edit: anyone who makes innuendo from this will have their hubcaps eaten by pixies). I usually go for a horror approach.

But that's the thing. Sexual people like reading about sexual things. What you said about them fulfilling their own desires is completely true, but at the same time allows them to "come right in on the action" with familiar characters as opposed to original smut where you have to first set up a personality for the characters. Heh, I have two friends that write A LOT of fanfiction.

Archived