Any Asexual video game characters?

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

I was thinking Link, too. In OoT he has all the girls interested in him, and he doesn't react... However, he is a little kid for half of the game, so perhaps that's it.

Phoenix Wright characters, perhaps? I was thinking that Miles Edgeworth might be asexual, as he has both men and women practically THROWING themselves at him, but he's seemingly interested in no one, and is outright horrified when some of the other characters show their feelings for him... (though admittedly anyone would be horrified if Oldbag came onto them).

Oh, and Cooking Mama. Cooking Mama is SO asexual.

Lmao poor Edgeworth. Kept getting attacked by that old lady. I think that would cause anyone to be asexual XD

I'm not sure he's been mentionned before but it seems like Hitman (Agent 47) is asexual.

Even in the movie, they didn't turn him sexual... wich was pretty rare for a main character in an hollywood movie

Cupcake_Master

Satoshi from the Higurashi. series? It's best known for being an anime,but it's a sound novel series.

He doesn't appear to have any interest in Shion beyond platonic affection,compared to the other characters who show interest in other characters.

I wouldn't say OoT Link is asexual,in Twilight Princess wasn't it hinted he was married to someone,Malon I believe? In the manga he's pretty affectionate.

Plus,he's only ten or so.

Hm,how about Steven from Pokemon? He's only platonicly affectionate,and spends all his time away from humans...

• 2 months later...

The whole cast of Clocktower 3 except Alyssa's grandfather and Harold Powell aka Chopper

Walter Sullivan, of Silent Hill 4 fame, perhaps? Abandoned as a child and attempting to use black magic ritualistic sacrifice to resurrect his distorted, monstrous memory of what his mother is he may be, but you learn quite a bit about him over the course of the game and he never seems to display any sort of romantic or sexual feelings whatsoever (other than, perhaps, to the female lead, whom he then promptly tries to sacrifice.) I mean, he's had multiple female victims violently murdered, but rape is never mentioned, and Silent Hill isn't a game that's afraid to go there.

Oh Walter, you were an awesome SH villain. Came the fuck out of nowhere, kicked the shit out of the cult, and then was a thousand times crazier than they could ever be.

The whole cast of Clocktower 3 except Alyssa's grandfather and Harold Powell aka Chopper

I only ever played the first one, but it's easier to be asexual when there's few adults.

Time will cause adherence....

Cradle under the star....

KieranTheWerewolf42

Auron from FFX (regardless about what certain fanfics say.)

Ryo Hazuki from SEGAs Shenmue games. He travels around Japan and Hong Kong, all the while being constantly assaulted left and right with female flirtations and innuendos, but he ignores them. It's pretty frustrating to a lot of of the games fans, actually. Comics have been written about it, comics :lol:

Walter Sullivan, of Silent Hill 4 fame, perhaps? Abandoned as a child and attempting to use black magic ritualistic sacrifice to resurrect his distorted, monstrous memory of what his mother is he may be, but you learn quite a bit about him over the course of the game and he never seems to display any sort of romantic or sexual feelings whatsoever (other than, perhaps, to the female lead, whom he then promptly tries to sacrifice.) I mean, he's had multiple female victims violently murdered, but rape is never mentioned, and Silent Hill isn't a game that's afraid to go there.

Oh Walter, you were an awesome SH villain. Came the fuck out of nowhere, kicked the shit out of the cult, and then was a thousand times crazier than they could ever be.

I'm too into SH4 yaoi fan-fiction..and I like to believe that there is a HenryxWalter or HenryxBraintree going on in there xD

:lol: Even Ditto morphing into their very sexy counterpart doesn't phase them in the least !

Except Manaphy, but its spawn clearly is an unnatural, useless little beast.

erhldjkfhsljdh3544

At least Heatran has a gender. I wonder if he/she is asexual or infertile..hmm.

Hmm...that's a hard one. Of course, I have way too many Resident Evil games, and every character and their cousin is hooked up in that series. :blink:

I love the reasoning about Link being homoromantic. Can you imagine how disappointed he must have been when Shiek revealed "himself" to be Zelda? :lol:

I was also wondering about Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark. I've only played the 64 one, but that one guy was there during her mission to save the alien, and she seemed a bit oblivious to the playful (flirtatious?) jabs he made at her. She just seems too focused on her missions to be sexual.

EDIT: Oh, I just thought of something. What if Claire from Resident Evil is asexual? Yeah, there was Steve, but he was the one who was always flirting with her and she kept shooting him down. And that one point where they landed on each other into an embrace, she pushed herself off of him. It's been a while since I've played through Code Veronica, so I might have missed something, though. She also went through RE2 without crushing on Leon at all, just kept thinking about her brother.

• 4 weeks later...

I read on another topic here..and someone mentioned Sephiroth showed signs of being sexual or something

If this is true, when and in what game did they show Sephiroth doing anything of the sexual nature? Someone clarify this for me...I was at one time a Sephiroth fan and I don't recall anything like that about him

• 5 weeks later...
I read on another topic here..and someone mentioned Sephiroth showed signs of being sexual or something

If this is true, when and in what game did they show Sephiroth doing anything of the sexual nature? Someone clarify this for me...I was at one time a Sephiroth fan and I don't recall anything like that about him

It could be that they were referring to Sepiroth's extended metaphor of an oedipus complex regarding Jenova(?), since most people associate "HE HAS A MOTHER COMPLEX" with "HE WANTS TO DO HIS MOM". However, I don't really think that it's an appropriate example, since having a psychotic one-sided affection for the anthropomorphized being of the planet (or whatever the heck Jenova was, people have explained Jenova in so many different ways to me I get headaches thinking about it) doesn't necessarily make it a physical, sexual attraction on his part. If they were to, say, explain that in some hidden archive there's records of Sepiroth's life prior to his going insane that indicates he might have had a sexual interest in some person or another, that might do it for me. Until then, I'm sticking with "Sepiroth sees people as either expendable or necessary".

I thought JENOVA was an advanced alien biological being that was sent to seed the planet and use it somehow to reproduce (sort of similar to Lavos in that respect.) Although it's sort of hard to tell, with one third of that game being nothing but a gigantic tarpit that the plot steps into and emerges, broken, oozing and burnt, from the other side.

I thought JENOVA was an advanced alien biological being that was sent to seed the planet and use it somehow to reproduce (sort of similar to Lavos in that respect.) Although it's sort of hard to tell, with one third of that game being nothing but a gigantic tarpit that the plot steps into and emerges, broken, oozing and burnt, from the other side.

Emil from Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, comes off as pretty asexual. He always gets uncomfortable whenever Marta makes advances on him, though he later gets used to it.

Towards the end though, they finally kiss. But it makes sense that Emil wouldn't have sexual attraction as he is really Ratatosk, the summon spirit.

Emil Castagnier

tos2-emil-castagnier.jpg

Presea from the same series is likely asexual too. She is completely oblivious to Genus's advances. In addition to having no sex drive, she also exhibits little emotion at all.

Presea Combatir

Presea.jpg

The Centurions in that game are arguably asexual too. But then, there are only eight of them, so slim pickings.

"Spiteful" Tenebrae, The Centurion

comme_bg04.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Zant from Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess? Then again they never outright say whether or not he has romantic or sexual interests. Maybe Midna too.

Link seems kind of non-sexual to me. More chivalrous than anything. The love he has for Zelda seems kind of like courtly love rather than sexual love.

Probably Saria from OOT since she can never grow up.

I have little gaming experience outside of Zelda.

Zant from Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess? Then again they never outright say whether or not he has romantic or sexual interests. Maybe Midna too.

....XD

Archived