Any Asexual video game characters?

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

Master Chief from Halo. According to the books his modifications have a number of side effects, one of which is no sex drive.

Really? I heard somewhere that he was gay. (Word of mouth, I'm not sure if it's true.)

I haven't really got into the Halo series but if you're talking about the Captain then I know who it is. The only time I believe a characters orientation as if they're gay or bi is when I hear the game say it themselves. If they don't say they're gay then I assume they're straight but if they say otherwise to straight (in the game) then I guess it's true. Just like Vamp from Metal Gear, I couldn't believe everyone was saying he was bisexual UNTIL I heard the game say it because alot of people like to say "this character is gay" or "he acts gay" and "she looks like a dude" and whatnot but I have to wait and hear the game say if they're gay or bi or whatever. If they don't say the Captain in Halo is gay (in the game) then I'm sure he's not. To many yaoi crazed fangirls sometimes like to spread rumors about characters that aren't true.

• 2 months later...
Member21883

This isn't a specific character but a race from the MMORPG Final Fantasy XI called Galka. They are referred to as asexual - in the sense that they are neither male nor female - and reproduce through a form of reincarnation. Most seem to be male gender-wise, but that's probably mostly because the developers 'needed' to slap a gender on them - people aren't comfortable with genderlessness and then there's the 'of course everyone is either man or woman' nonsense... :rolleyes:

They seem quite asexy to me.

since walter and henry have been mentioned, i'd say angela from silent hill 2

oh and most of all claudia from silent hill 3 ^_^

The organization 13 is NOT asexual!

I think they're all gay :rolleyes: So much proof... pretty much everyone in that game is... there's even a scene where Mickey seems rather gay :lol: But I know that's ridiculous...

And I think Sora and Riku are too :lol: DEFINITELY. And I'm not just saying it, I used to be completely obsessed with them together, so I found a lot of really valid proof.

not asexual. :lol:

Crap!!! Don't you guys make me fall back into my yaoi phase! But, they really are -_-

*ahem* The only asexual video game characters I can think of are nonhuman stuff like Kirby... gee, I don't know...

When a character isn't interested in the opposite gender, I pretty much assume they swing the other way 8) I'll have to consider asexuality next time, but my way of thinking is fun too...

Oh! I thought of one! Katamari! :D

ZombieSlayer54

If I remember correctly, 47, from the Hitman series, is asexual.

Also, I would like to imagine David from Resident Evil: Outbreak as asexual. But only in order to increase my total and complete idolisation of him.

Pretty much almost any silent protagonist is asexual, now that I think about it.

Jeez, when you think about it, there are a LOT of video game characters that seem asexual. Most of them, however, seem more to be because none of them are ever encountered with sexual situations.

Like Orta from Panzer Dragoon. She would seem asexual, but only because she never had to make that kind of decision.

Hell, then you have to consider the possibility that a lot of people we might not even consider asexual are only with their partners because of extreme emotional attraction, and little to no physical attraction. I mean, that is usually how video game romances work, right? Tons of emotion attraction? Physical attraction being completely secondary?

Well I still think OrgXIII is still asexual since they don't have hearts and since the yaoi thing is just something fangirls made up (in the game they never mention one way or another if they're gay, straight or bi or whatever) I went through a yaoi phase recently where thinking that Apollo and Klavier form Apollo Justice were gay but now I think "eh maybe" but with me, I have to hear fro the game itself anything on their orientation. If nothing said, they're either straight or asexual. If they're gay or bi however they usually mention it (Guilty Gear itself said Venom was gay and Metal Gear itself said Vamp was bi) But yeh...I just assume a game character is either straight or asexual if they don't mention otherwise and seeing as how the character themselves act in the game. I just can't think a character is a certian orientation due to fanfiction or fanart.

• 1 month later...
One Winged Angel

I'm a hardcore gamer so i could probably list hundereds of games, but I wont!

I would say most the relationships in Final Fantasy games and similar are "asexual", ie - they are more romantic and personal bond based. A very recent example would be Zack in Crisis Core falling for Aerith (we all fall for Aerith at one time or another huh), there was a few excellent scenes with them building the flower wagon etc. Also of course the original Cloud and Aerith.

One of my favourite romances though has to be Yuna and Tidus in FFX (yeah, Im a FF fanboy), I just got so involved in it, that it was deeply touching in every way.

On a side note, if you want a good JRPG try out Lost Odyssey for the 360, it has literally one of the most emotional storylines I've ever encountered, well worth checking out.

Guest back_slash123

cloud,also dingo egret from zoe2,sigfreid from soul calibur,probably the main character of hevanly sword i could name a ton but alot of rpg characters r asexual im also a hardcore gamer

Wait.... something came to mind now and I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread yet.... Link? O_o

Link could possibly be asexual..he kinda reminds me of one. I'm a hardcore gamer also..very hardcore

Link could possibly be asexual..he kinda reminds me of one. I'm a hardcore gamer also..very hardcore

Not according to this person... o_o

I've never been able to understand pregnancy pictures... but Link and pregnancy seems to be popular on Deviantart.... :blink:

I'm on your side, though. I think he could be asexual too.

I'm kind of scared to click the image but I take it it's a picture of Link pregnant?

I've seen weird ass pictures before on deviantART of male characters pregnant (there seems to be a few on KH2....yay more KH images to scar my mind)

Not according to this person... o_o

I've never been able to understand pregnancy pictures... but Link and pregnancy seems to be popular on Deviantart.... :blink:

I'm on your side, though. I think he could be asexual too.

I should have never clicked that link... I don't think I enjoyed the obsession with pregnant women o_o (hides)

I'm kind of scared to click the image but I take it it's a picture of Link pregnant?

I've seen weird ass pictures before on deviantART of male characters pregnant (there seems to be a few on KH2....yay more KH images to scar my mind)

You are definitely correct about KH m-preg pictures... not my thing. I don't understand the concept of m-preg. :huh: My friends made a joke account on DA and made pictures of M-preg Veggie Tales. :lol:

It's not Link pregnant, though. it's pictures of all the women from Zelda pregnant, with Link in the background making a "funny face" :huh:

Guest back_slash123

I think kiari from the kh series because she hs yet to choose between sora or riku.my respect for kiari has increased by 1+ point bringing it to a total of 2 points

O_O;;;; mpreg lovers.....

and my respect for Kairi is about 3% she's an alright character but I mean, she ain't near as cool as any organization member.

Organization XIII FTW!!123

I'd dislike her more if she had killed an Org member. Since she didn't, I tolerate her as a character that'll probably always be in KH

I'd dislike her more if she had killed an Org member. Since she didn't, I tolerate her as a character that'll probably always be in KH

Do you hate Sora then for killing everyone?

If I were him, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

No I don't really dislike Sora much because he's kind of a cool main good guy. He killed all of the Org members (except Axel, Lexaeus and Zexion) but he wasn't a dick about it. Like when Axel died he actually leaned over him and listened to what he had to say before he died. He didn't think of Axel as automatically bad just because he was an Org member. Another reason I don't dislike Sora is because he's kinda funny. He doesn't have the attitude of wanting to be number one superhero of the game. Most of the time I dislike the main good guy of games/movies because they're usually stuck up about it. That's why I really like Goku in DBZ. He's a goofy and funny main character without that stuck up attitude. If I had to say which cartoon character I dislike the absolute most it would be Ash Ketchum from Pokemon. I don't like him at all. In every Pokemon movie he always tried to be Mr. Hero (watch Pokemon The First Movie and you'll see what I mean) I hated his attitude

No I don't really dislike Sora much because he's kind of a cool main good guy. He killed all of the Org members (except Axel, Lexaeus and Zexion) but he wasn't a dick about it. Like when Axel died he actually leaned over him and listened to what he had to say before he died. He didn't think of Axel as automatically bad just because he was an Org member. Another reason I don't dislike Sora is because he's kinda funny. He doesn't have the attitude of wanting to be number one superhero of the game. Most of the time I dislike the main good guy of games/movies because they're usually stuck up about it. That's why I really like Goku in DBZ. He's a goofy and funny main character without that stuck up attitude. If I had to say which cartoon character I dislike the absolute most it would be Ash Ketchum from Pokemon. I don't like him at all. In every Pokemon movie he always tried to be Mr. Hero (watch Pokemon The First Movie and you'll see what I mean) I hated his attitude

I agree about Sora. I like him too, I think he is a cutie. :P

But *gaaasp* Ash Ketchum rocks!

I love the Pokemon too much and Ash didn't like Mewtwo or Entei in the movies so that's why I dislike him

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say Link is. I mean, he had these girls in the palm of his hand with all of his life-saving stunts. He could have snagged (talking strictly OoT here) Malon, Princess Ruto (they're engaged! Eww...), Saria (well, maybe not Saria. Pediphilia and all), and, naturally, Zelda. But he really doesn't show any interest in any of them.

(although: is there anything between Zelda and him at the end? I forget.)

XD I've been picturing Link talking to Malon after saving her dad's ranch and having a thought bubble pop up over his head: 'Yeah, I could hit that.' :lol:

Beyond the Zelda games, my knowledge is limited- my brothers stole all of our gaming systems and took them to college on a permanent basis a few years back.

• 4 months later...

I swear there's quite a few asexual characters in the Final Fantasy series!

Definitely Captain Basch from FFXII. Balthier is probably bi...

To go more classic... Sonic The Hedgehog! All my money is on him being ace!

I feel like I've said this in a thread before... oh well.

Maybe Neku from The world ends with you?

As much as I want him to end up with Joshua... :P who is gay gay gay 120%.

Neku just seemed really neutral and disinterested in everyone in the game. (sigh)

KieranTheWerewolf42
I swear there's quite a few asexual characters in the Final Fantasy series!

Definitely Captain Basch from FFXII.

I agree with you there, and perhaps Fran (and Viera in general) and Gabranth too. For some reason I have a compusion to add Balthier but I won't. I just think it has something to do with his action figure staring at me right now. Although, an asexy Balthier would make for an interesting fanfic. OK, I need to stop now before I go off topic even further.

Archived