Asexy blog entry

Parth

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I wrote a blog entry about Asexuality on eFeminate.

This is it:

I’ve been meaning to post something about this, because it is a pretty significant part of who I am. I’ve also received a few comments referring to the several times I’ve mentioned I feel no attraction to either sex.

Well, in case you’re unaware, it’s known as Asexuality. Asexuality, on the AVEN website, is defined as a lack of sexual attraction. Basically if you’re asexual you can look at anybody without getting sexual feelings towards them. Some asexuals do have sex, and like it (this is a minority among members of the asexual community), but don’t feel like they need to have it to have a perfectly happy life or relationship. The continuum extends all the way to those that don’t want to even say the word “sex”.

Personally, I am indifferent to the thought of sex, and I definitely do not feel any sexual desire towards anybody I’ve met. It’s something that confused me for the longest time, until I discovered AVEN. I used to think maybe I was a lesbian, but then realised that my attraction (or lack thereof) to women was equal to that of men. So then I thought that I must be pansexual. After all, gender didn’t seem to matter. Then I happened to be curiously watching a documentary on men who were attracted to obese women, and something in me clicked. I had never experienced attraction. Suddenly I thought about a post on a forum I’d once read about “asexuals”. So I Googled “asexual” and there it was. The answer I’d been searching for. It was my orientation.
That was just under a year ago… 7-8 months before I found out about my intersex condition.

So here I am, not female, not male, not even sexual… but I’m still a human, and I still crave close relationships. My idea of the perfect romance would be a romantic friendship. I don’t, however, hold any illusions that I will attain one of those in the near future, if ever. It would be nice though.

All in all, I’m content with not needing sexual relations. I like to look on the bright side of all my issues, and the bright side I see to this is no messy complicated relationships, more time on my hands, less distractions, and the honed ability to see aesthetic beauty beyond the sexual frame.

I received a couple of comments from XY females like me, who also don’t feel attraction; perhaps this is more common among us? I’m not sure and I don’t want to generalise. But perhaps there is something to do with our hormones, or genes, or gonads that causes it.

Do you want to know more, and/or suspect you may be asexual? Please visit the Asexuality Visibility and Education Network (AVEN). Once you have read the info, you may wish to join the forum. Trust me, it is full of AWESOME people - you don’t even have to be asexual to post there. I spend a lot of time there. So I hope to see you! If you join, be sure to put an introduction post in the Welcome Lounge and tell them I sent you biggrin.gif

Here is the entry's permalink: http://efeminate.dreameryonline.com/?p=15

2014 Mod Edit: New link.

Way cool entry, Nat. 8)

And cool blog, too. Thanks for starting it and for sharing.

What are you taking for HRT, btw? I self-inject Delestrogen biweekly, and take Prometrium pills once in a while (at night--it puts me to sleep).

Your blog is so good! :) Lots of stuff that folks should know!

I've been given 0.3mg Premarin pills presently. My endo said she would step up the dosage to "get my body used to it".

Thanks for the kind words all :D

Carsonspire

Parth,

Thanks for pointing out your entry on asexuality. You have a very interesting blog, particularly for those of us interested in gender theory. :D I'll be checking back to read your updates.

That was a great blog. :D Ditto what Carsonspire said.

Archived