Found some more asexual sites

VivreEstEsperer

VivreEstEsperer

I swear Ixquick.com is the best search engine in the world...take a look at some of these. Finally found some sites out of the 3 or 4 that just get linked to each other over and over again-not that those arent wonderful sites but one wants more sometimes.

http://pubweb.northwestern.edu/~msd424/ ---
Asexuality site with an awesome graphic - Click on "Journals"! Maybe we could put something like that with personal testimonies on our T-shirt!

Suite101.com asexuality article/site/links:
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/9060/82735

http://leatherspinsters.com/asexuality1.html --
Leather Spinsters" Has a page about asexuality on it:

Asexuality is also mentioned in the "Ensexlopedia" of the internet:
http://www.ensexlopedia.com/Sex_Education/asexuality.htm

I'm not sure what this is exactly but it appears to be an excerpt from a book... a person describing their asexuality.
http://www.postcolonialweb.org/nz/kerihulme/kh6.html

That's about all I can find for now, on this search engine, but I thought it was interesting to find some other sites and I wanted to share them with whoever's interested.
If you find anything particularly interesting on these sites that I might have missed post here and tell me!
:) or just post here anyway :)
Kate

2012 Mod Edit: Some of the links above give a 404 error. I've been working on retrieving what's possible.

suite101 Article:

A is for AsexualityK. Hayes

Frigid? Ugly? Boring? A plant?

These were the responses I got when I tossed out, "So, hey, what do you think an asexual is?" (Alright, so my friends aren't too smart.)

There's a lot more to asexuality that being "frigid", and it's not just for single celled organisms. Asexuality is something seldom heard and rarely discussed. AVEN (The Asexuality Visibility and Education Network) describes asexuality simply as a person who does not experience sexual attraction (they also point out that this does not necessarily mean a lack of sex drive, just a lack of attraction). It's not impossible.

So, if a person experiences little to no sexual attraction, where do they fit in on the sexuality scale? At one end is homosexuality, at the other, heterosexuality, with bisexuality, transgender homo/bi/heterosexuality and anything else falling in between...but where do asexuals go?

First of all, sexuality is so fluid that a scale simply won't work. People that start out in life considering themselves heterosexual may eventually recognize that they are bisexual or homosexual. People may flow from one sexuality or sexual preference to another--or even none at all. Asexuality may just be another path for some people to follow.

There is nothing wrong with asexuality, although asexuality is sometimes a result of sexual desire disorder. The Intimacy Institute defines sexual desire disorder as "...a persistent absence of sexual fantasies or desire for engaging in sex. Further, the individual exhibits an intense aversion to either heterosexual or homosexual genital sexual contact...Intensive desire disorders, however, may reflect complicated psychological problems that are difficult to treat. In addition, some individuals may be biologically

incapable of sexual interest or involvement in sexual activity and, although members of a sexual species, are themselves asexual."

For some people, asexuality is a choice. It may originally start as celibacy due to personal or religious reasons, and evolve into a desire not to enter into a sexual relationship. Some people feel that sex is overrated, and that relationships are deeper and more meaningful without an underlying desire for sexual contact.

Whether it’s biological, emotional, or a personal decision, asexuality is too often overlooked. It encompasses so much more than being “frigid”, and should be recognized as such. Considering how many relationships are based solely on sex, or how many friendships are ruined because of sex, I really can’t see the harm in asexuality.

Stop by my Asexuality Links page for more information about asexuality and asexuals.

Ensexlopedia:

Asexuality

Asexual refers to the absence of sexual activity or a low level of sexual response. Sexual union of male and female germ cells (such as the sperm and ova in humans) is the means of reproduction that is standard among mammalian and many non-mammalian species. However, many organisms reproduce through asexual means, such as budding, spore formation, or fission. Organisms that produce through these means are sexless.

Asexuality can also refer to a lack of interest or involvement in sex in sexual species. The priesthood in a number of religions, for example, requires abstinence or even monasticism among its members. While individuals who participate in religious abstinence may have normal sexual interest, they are required to take a vow of abstinence. Over time, lack of involvement in sexual activity may lead to a considerable drop in sexual interest. Vows of abstinence may also be taken outside of the arena of organized religion, although these are usually situational and time limited. Disinterest in sex also may be due to a sexual dysfunction; that is, a psychological or organic condition that blocks normal sexual behaviors and responses. Specifically, in the case of complete disinterest in sex, the condition may be diagnosed as sexual desire disorder.

In sexual desire disorder the individual has a persistent absence of sexual fantasies or desire for engaging in sex. Further, the individual exhibits an intense aversion to either heterosexual or homosexual genital sexual contact. Additionally, persistent failure in sexual response may lead to the avoidance of sex or sexual situations. This can occur at any point in life but tends to occur more frequently among the elderly. These conditions can have an emotional origin, of varying severities, or they may have an organic cause. Often they are treatable through sex therapy and/or biomedical intervention. Intensive desire disorders, however, may reflect complicated psychological problems that are difficult to treat. In addition, some individuals may be biologically incapable of sexual interest or involvement in sexual activity and, although members of a sexual species, are themselves asexual. This, however, is a rare condition and most forms of sexual dysfunction respond to therapeutic intervention.

Asexual Visibility and Education Network Asexual Pals

Thanks!! When I can pull my ass away from E-mail, catching up with friends and sweet, sweet metroid prime I'm going to do an update to the non-forum part of AVEN, and I'll throw those on the "links" section.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i remember leather spinsters!!! i used to go there about 3 years ago!!! then i forgot about it.

Archived