Just needing to vent!

Genetically_Dead

Genetically_Dead

:x I am so annoyed! My husband keeps pesting me about my sleeping in his room. I don't have nor do I want air conditioning in my room. He has become rather insistance that I sleep in his room to the point of pestering me. I have my own room, I like the color of my walls, cealing, and the windows have screens in them. It is cool at night and I have a fan. I do not want cold air blowing on me or him touching me in my sleep!

That feels better. I wish I could understand why he thinks I need to shift into his room just because he's not happy with my not having the air conditioning. It's bad enough that he crawls into my bed at night and rubs on me until I retreat into the bathroom for an hour or get up to *play* on the computer.

• 3 weeks later...

why not get a portable aircon system, and you can buy plugs that have timers in them so you can haveit coming on when and if you wish. (or are they available only here, can't imagine they wouldn't be available world wide)

La_Gioconda

I understand perfectly. I could never get a good night sleep if somebody was with me in the bed, no matter how wide the bed was. But, I'm sorry, I have no advice for you. Just be assertive I guess..

I must admit, I prefer to sleep alone. My bedroom is my sanctuary - the only place I can have 'me' time.

slip him a sleeping pill or two in his drink before bed? :oops:

Sounds to me like he just wants you to sleep in his bed, since you say he sneaks into your room to "rub" you, whatever that entails. He is probably lonely. I think the air conditioning is an excuse.

I think he needs to respect your boundaries. Are you opposed to giving him a bit of physical affection, such as some hugs or snuggles, before you go to bed? Maybe that will tide him over.

Genetically_Dead

I don't think I would be opposed to giving him a hug or a kiss if he wasn't such an asshole. He insults how I keep house to anyone that will listen. Tells fat jokes about himself and threatens to beat my dogs. He refuses to have any interaction with my parents and siblings. Won't go to church and tells me the place I work for smells bad due to it being a multi-cultural shopping complex. Then when I want to find anouther job he has a fit because my job has great insurance and he's a trucker that job bounces every time he gets a wild hair up his butt. :roll:

Shooting Star

GD, if he is becoming threatening, you need to get out of there. Your husband's suggestions of violence will become reality. It begins with threats, but his behavior will soon escalate. He is a bully and will stop at nothing to have you under his total control. You need to lave him; your life may depend on it.

Woa, G_D...don't mean to pry...but why do you stay in such a relationship? BadGirl is right, verbal abuse frequently becomes physical abuse.

:shock: if anyone threatened to beat my own dogs, the offender will have no tongue to speak with anymore.

grammar edit! :oops:

Genetically_Dead

Most people know my husband is a difficult person to get along with. For the mostpart he is decent but once in a great while he acts like an ass. His mother knows he is a brat and I have put him on the run before. I can be very difficult myself. So we can make each other crazy. If he hurts one hair on my hairy hineyed hounds, his life would be over. I would stop at nothing to get him brought to justice. My pups are my children. As for me I stay as I don't want to be alone and for the money.

A question,do you have children?,anyway, you must go.I think that it is a dangerous situation.

Genetically_Dead

No kids. I quit sex several years ago when I learned I was sterile.

Oh,dear!!!,it is better that no Kids,you are alone to give up that relationship...when there are children,everything is worse.

Genetically_Dead

I have no intention of giving up the relationship! It's almost perfect. I am free to do as I want. He is a truck driver and rarely home. He has just been upset due to being on lite duty due to a work related injury but now he's back working and I don't have to deal with him or his moodiness. His dispatcher does now. Thank God I'm not her! He gets on my nerves and I just had to vent. Also his room needs to be painted, has a twin bed, and has the worst yellow curtains I've ever seen in it. I would get a migrane with them to wake up to. My room is a good cool blue with lacey white curtains and a big comfy bed.

Archived