The AWOL thread

Amcan

I've got a friend's wedding to go to back in LA so i'll be gone the 22nd to the 27th.

This is a sort of anti-awol response - after many many months, I've returned to AVEN.

Hey. like the couth new style! (Not that the old one was uncouth you understand-)

reptilelover
This is a sort of anti-awol response - after many many months, I've returned to AVEN.

Hey. like the couth new style! (Not that the old one was uncouth you understand-)

Islander9! Welcome back! :lol: :cake::cake:

(and hope you’ll stay back for at least a while. The longer the merrier as far as this reptilelover is concerned… 8) )

Islander9! Welcome back! :lol: :cake::cake:

(and hope you’ll stay back for at least a while. The longer the merrier as far as this reptilelover is concerned… 8) )

Yo Reptile Lover!

Hope to-benign times & circumstances prevailing-

cheers!

(Damn, my link to the South Okarito gecko failed to adhere...)

Welcome back Islander...very good to see you again...have some 'Welcome back' :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Tan

Welcome back Islander...very good to see you again...have some 'Welcome back' :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Tan

Many thank e Tan! Makes me feel much welcomed indeed!

Love your latest dragon avatar- cheers n/n Islander

O, may I add for Aven people more lately joined? I have special knowledge/skills to do with writing, publishing & distribution, and I am very happy to share them freely with other Avenites (but I do *not* edit msss.) Cheers-

quarridors

In a similar anti-awol vein, I'm back after four years ::waves::

It's been ...a while.

I'm probably going to lurk a bit to get to know the current crop of posters before I dive in and start posting again.

Nat.

Going to Chicago for the weekend, leaving tomorrow afternoon. My friend's computer hasn't been working well lately, so I will probably be out of touch until either Monday very late or Tuesday.

The_Badger

I just realized the other day that I'd never gotten around to posting my absence here :redface:

I've been (and currently still am) in lovely, scenic Kandahar, Afghanistan, and will be until at least September. I definitely wish I could peruse AVEN more often, but for privacy's sake it's not really advisable to do so on government computers.

• 1 month later...
tourmaline20

I am going on a 5-week charity fundraising job (if all goes well) and will be travelling all around the UK, working 6 days a week for 9 hours a day and I do not know how often I'll have Internet access or even time to use it. So I may potentially be away from my beloved AVEN for over a month. I will try to get on as and when I can, though!

• 2 weeks later...

Another anti-AWOL post here - after over two months since my last post, I've returned. Stupid Internet problems, life, and holidays kidnapping me from AVEN. <_<

Also, just to post here months in advance, I'll be away for a week or so in early October as I'll be in Rome.

Well, it's great to be back.

Nalle Neversure
Another anti-AWOL post here - after over two months since my last post, I've returned. Stupid Internet problems, life, and holidays kidnapping me from AVEN. <_<

Also, just to post here months in advance, I'll be away for a week or so in early October as I'll be in Rome.

Well, it's great to be back.

Great to see you again. :D :cake:

XTriformisX

Just as a heads up, I'm gonna be cut off from the internet for a while, basically we cant afford to pay the bill coz my dad's just had a heart attack and now we're on sick pay (good timing, dad).

So yeah, don't know when it's gonna happen, but I'll be gone indefinitely.

For the next 4 weeks, I will be going on a topsecret mission to undermine worldorder and bring my secret sect a bit closer to world domination. I will not be on AVEN and I will not be reachable by any other means. Those who wish to help me in my quest to control the universe can do so by causing fearful rumours and chaos in their local community. good luck.

Dame du Lac
Just as a heads up, I'm gonna be cut off from the internet for a while, basically we cant afford to pay the bill coz my dad's just had a heart attack and now we're on sick pay (good timing, dad).

Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he makes a good recovery and that the next few months aren't too hard for you and your family.

Going to Detroit for a week. Don't know if I'll be able to use my sister's computer or not. She knows about me being asexual but doesn't like chatrooms. I don't know how she'll react to forums. We'll see.

XTriformisX

Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he makes a good recovery and that the next few months aren't too hard for you and your family.

Thanks, he's doing really well, just wish he wouldn't stop ignoring the doctors. He's convinced he's absolutely fine. :rolleyes: I'll keep you guys posted anyway.

Yeeek.

Chickenpox seems risible these days - but watch out for shingles (the evil fairy of this disease) way down the line - it is painful, scabby, nasty and scarifying. Speaking as one who has been visited by the evil fairy thrice-

Sorry to hear that. I remember my mother going through it twice at least. She said it was painfull. I don't remember ever having the pox. Maybe I'll know, if I ever get Shingles. If not, I'm sure something else will be challenging me in life. Oh that challenge to rise above our crude exterior.....

XTriformisX

Ok, I know when my internet is being cut off. It'll be August the 11th at the latest. After that I don't know when, or if, I'll be back. :(

• 2 weeks later...
For the next 4 weeks, I will be going on a topsecret mission to undermine worldorder and bring my secret sect a bit closer to world domination. I will not be on AVEN and I will not be reachable by any other means. Those who wish to help me in my quest to control the universe can do so by causing fearful rumours and chaos in their local community. good luck.

Just a quick note to let you all know I'm back. My mission of undermining world order has been very succesful so far. We are one step closer to chaos, disaster, and my inevitable rule over this planet. To all those who have supported my operation, with explosives or otherwise, I would like to say: Thank you. My quest for complete domination of earth continues as planned.

Welcome back :cake: good to hear your mission was successful, keep up the good work ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

As my plans for world domination continue, I will not be on AVEN for at least 48 hours from now and possibly a longer period of time. It all depends on how quickly my servants work on building my newest ultimate superweapon.

I be returned, wi' knowledge o' libraries an' an internet connection at last.

Archived