The AWOL thread

Amcan

If anyone will be gone from AVEN for while and wants to inform people they will be gone (and if they will be contactable via other means) so nobody lists them as missing this is the thread to use.

• 3 weeks later...

Kia ora tatou (life to us all)-

in my kind of life, it can become very difficult indeed to know whether you will be participating in fora or not.

Not only living in a remote area (with frequent power outages) but also having committments to a wider family circle (some of whom do not have e-connects) means that, fairly often, I cannot go on-line.

But hey! I think of AVEN and all the people therein/on still :D

I'm going travelling on Tuesday, so there'll be less of me posting for 7 weeks,

I will be away for about a week. I'm being sent home with chickenpox. :cry:

Yeeek.

Chickenpox seems risible these days - but watch out for shingles (the evil fairy of this disease) way down the line - it is painful, scabby, nasty and scarifying. Speaking as one who has been visited by the evil fairy thrice-

I'm going to be in the field doing research until early September, without much internet access, so won't be around AVEN during that time.

I'm going out on tour with my band! I will be around very little from now until maybe June 28th (or July 1st at the latest). If anyone wishes to contact me, you can send me a pm & I should be able to read it. But, if there's any issues in the 2 forums I moderate- Relationships and Philosophy, Politics n' Science, you will probably want to ask/talk to another admod.

If anyone will be gone from AVEN for while and wants to inform people they will be gone (and if they will be contactable via other means) so nobody lists them as missing this is the thread to use.

LOL 'cept when someone announces his/her absense, they're no longer AWOL, just A. Hey! An AA! :lol:

• 1 month later...
Shadow girl

I have a lot of issues going on so I think I should take a break from forums for awhile and work on my state of mind. I will come back as soon as things get better for me and my treatments take effects.

Till then friends I've got to go hit the trails out west *walks off disappearing into the distant desert sun*

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went AWOL for a little bit.. my bad..

".. wait, who is this Schan Schan person?"

Hello! I'm just some random dude who posted here once and then left. I'll post here more again! Maybe..

• 3 weeks later...
UglymanCometh

I'm probably gonna be going back and forth between here and Chicago for the next month, so I may not be on as much.

Again.

Damn, I just came back.

I'm pretty much AWOL - straight after hitting the Atrix! - because of a house fire (I'm OK) which did major damage to my internet connection. This is a rare chance to log in at work, but I can't do it a lot. Will catch up with others at the London meetup, hopefully; and sort something else out sooner or later.

• 3 weeks later...

Going AWOL,not sure if i will be back anytime soon,so i'll say bye for now and look after yourselves

• 1 month later...

I'm getting on a bus for home at midnight tonight, and I probably won't be on AVEN much (if at all) during the holidays.

This is my Christmas present to all of you. Enjoy it.

Whilst I don't post that often, I do read (or used to) Aven on a daily basis. The current log-in bug is making it difficult to follow threads and topics of interest, as well as the 'new posts since last visit' flags being gobbled up. Even trying to catch up using the 'read posts from last 24hrs' option often only presents itself with just one page available.

Regretfully therefore, until this problem is resolved, I've decided to curtail my visits to Aven. I'll be logging in (or at least trying to) occasionally just to see if I can catch up on what's happening, and if the system will let me, I'll try to respond to PM's.

May I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year for 2008.

• 1 month later...

I'm going AWOL again,as i just cant deal with stuff going on in my life right now so i'll be gone for quite sometime i think.

Good-bye,take care of yourselves and i'll cya on my return whenever that may be,i can still be reached via email for those of you that feel the need to contact me

Nalle Neversure
I'm going AWOL again,as i just cant deal with stuff going on in my life right now so i'll be gone for quite sometime i think.

Good-bye,take care of yourselves and i'll cya on my return whenever that may be,i can still be reached via email for those of you that feel the need to contact me

Take care, Mad. See you!

I'm very busy at uni now, and I can't find the time to be on aven for an hour or so a day, alas.

I haven't been around for a couple of weeks, and probably won't for a few more! But I intedn to return! :D

• 1 month later...

I shall be going off to Berlin for two weeks, leaving early on Saturday morning, so I won't be around until I get back (except for tomorrow, of course). Hopefully I won't suffer from AVEN withdrawal while I'm gone. :lol:

i was AWOL for a couple months there and gave no warning. I apologize :s

I need to concentrate on other things, so I won't be posting here much like I have been lately, if at all. Though I might still be "around" so anyone can feel free to PM me.

And, I'm sure I'll be back someday and whatnot.

Ciao!

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooooo....this is embarrassing, but I give up! I don't want to go AWOL at all! I don't have better things to concentrate on. And AVEN makes me feel better. Whoa. That did not last long, did it?

Hallucigenia

That's okay, cait, I've done things like that before. :D I hope you're feeling all right.

• 1 month later...
CrazyCatLover

I won't be on much until school starts back up again. The computer at work doesn't let me access here, and I usually don't turn the one at home in the evenings.

Archived