1. 1.

• 8 or younger
    • 9-10 years of age
    • 11-12 years of age
    • 13-14 years of age
    • 15-20 years of age
    • over 20 years of age
    • I have never had a crush on anyone

sometimes i keep thinking of a person and what they would think about things etc .

does this count as a crush?

if so then my first crush must have been 11? when i really liked talking to the boy i sat next to in class.

most crushes ive had since have been the same and only last a couple of days.

Peppermintdrop

I think we need a younger category up there. I had my first crush when I was 4 and I had a crush on him for the next 11 years. It was a real crush, I remember being jealous of the girl I thought was my competition, embarrassing myself in front of him, and my whole familyknew about it and made fun of me...

• 2 months later...

I had some type of crush then I was ten. My first crush after puberty (I think there a different in crushes between before and after puberty) was then I was fifteen. My first crush then I couldn’t stop thinking about the person was then I was twenty-seven, I’m a late bloomer.

I'm a sexual, so I didn't vote.

But my first one was in seventh grade, which would make me 12 or 13. He was staying in the US for a year, his name was Degong, he was from China. At first he didn't speak any English at all, but he picked it up incredibly fast, I think that was why I was infatuated with him. I've always had trouble with languages, but he was so wonderful at learning them.

TheMelbourneMethod

Never had a sexual one, but my first crush was in first grade and lasted till the end of sixth, when he moved away. At least I think it was a crush; I never really wanted to touch him or cuddle or anything, but I was absolutely crazy about him. I got another one in eighth grade, and that one's lasted three years.

I was 8 when I had my first "romantic" crush. 10 when one turned sexual.

Who'd have guessed I would end up barely interested in either romance or sex!

Ugggh. Technically 8, but that was on a boy and a result of jumping on the social bandwagon. I did think the kid was cool, but I didn't have any feelings for him other than that. Being 8 years old, I merely thought I did.

First real crush was at 18, although I suspect it really started quite a lot earlier, maybe at 14, but didn't realize that's what it was. I thought it appropriate to vote in the poll, as I was asexual at the time.

My first "romantic" crush was at age 12. It was a social bandwagon thing. All the other girls I knew were already going out with boys, and had started making fun of me because I wasn't interested. Then I met this one bloke, and I thought "Yeah, he's cute" and spent ages trying to get his attention. I think if the same thing happened now that I'd consider I wanted us to be friends, but nothing sexually. I've got three people I consider friends, all of whom are sexuals in sexual relationships, but they are my close friends and it sometimes raises eyebrows. Eg. one of them lives near my mother, and he's gay, but we kiss each other on the lips and say "I love you" and mean it. And my mother says "How can he be gay if he does that with you? How can you say you're not involved?" But there's nothing remotely sexual about it. So I would consider a "crush" on my part like that: I want to get to know someone and be close without anything sexual.

I don't know if I have had a "crush". I tend to feel any desire to get to know a guy is a crush- even if I just want to be friends.

I dunno... It's weird.

I don't know if I've ever really had a crush. I did really like this one boy when I was 11, and I think I was in love with him, but I don't really know what love is. I do get celebrity crushes all the time. Currently James McAvoy in particular has captured my attention. :P