Suicide

RekrabMot

zachcarlson
What are your thoughts on suicide

Well suicide has affected me a lot because I had two friends attempt and one of them actually did it, it was a sad time; but I guess they thought they had nothing to live for.

Have you ever tried

Yea, good thing I never succeeded; I was having a really hard time; I was just always depressed, good thing I never did it.

For some, life on the other side is 72 virgins. Do asexuals receive 72 virgins too? Isn't it amazing the crap that some people come up with?

For some, life on the other side is 72 virgins. Do asexuals receive 72 virgins too? Isn't it amazing the crap that some people come up with?

Oh well, at least the next person to die after me can have 144 virgins!

That's Islam and only if you die a martyr. I've read that's one of the things terrorists use to get people to blow themselves up or fly planes into buildings. I guess there haven't been any asexual terrorists. The version I heard is you get a perpetual virgin. 72 virgins ain't much when you consider we're talking about eternity. :)

You don't get to defile 70 virgins.

You spend eternity in the presence of the purity of 70 virgins. Completely different concept.

Good god, western media fucks with everything. I mean, I'm not a particularly respectful person about religions, but that sort of mis-portrayal is disgusting.

I've charted at least 5 exit points in my life.

1. I was born dead

2. Car crash

3. Almost fell off the cliff during a hiking accident.

4. Suicide attempt via hand gun.

5. I'm going to die in the polar shift 2012.

Rikusephirosu

Although suicide is bad... Some times it is considered honorable. Other times, cowardly and considered the "fast way out". Some people do it to save other people's lives. While others do it to end them (like terrorists and criminals). :?

Suicide is never honorable. It's a fast track into another life. You don't get to experience heaven. I'd never try it again after learning what I have learned in this life.

Rikusephirosu

I say honorable from what I learned about Ancient Japan. And it is honorable if it would save a family member or someone you loved. And well....Only those who are religious and believe in heaven will go to heaven..Im atheist so..I wont be going anywhere. :?

I've been wondering for a while about the "honorable" thing. - It's hard to judge since many things that might cost your honor in one culture, losing WW2 against the US for example, might be quite OK in another. - Is a suicide that saves a family member still a suicide or is the society demanding that the one who kills? - Countless questions; no real answers...

I have considered suicide once in a while. - I'm happy to have something like a half prepared concept as a plan B in some mental drawer, but I most probably will live on, until that gets really painful.

Rikusephirosu

*hugs Busrider* Here, have some :cake: :)

I've been wondering for a while about the "honorable" thing. - It's hard to judge since many things that might cost your honor in one culture, losing WW2 against the US for example, might be quite OK in another. - Is a suicide that saves a family member still a suicide or is the society demanding that the one who kills? - Countless questions; no real answers...

I have considered suicide once in a while. - I'm happy to have something like a half prepared concept as a plan B in some mental drawer, but I most probably will live on, until that gets really painful.

Everyone schedules 5 exit points in their lives so that they can escape this circle and return home. I'd perfer everyone to return home, however, even God knows that there are some that will exit this circle in the suicide way... why... because we simply can not handle the chart/life that we created.

This is not a cop out because life simply can be too much for us to handle at times. If I had shot my brains out when I had planned/charted to do so then my husband and two boys would not be having me right now. So, I am happy that I am finishing my chart/life.

Do not feel unhappy at your brothers for finishing their charts "early" It is ok for them to do so. It is very hard for me to feel normal emotion for those who decide to go home because:

A. I'm autistic

B. I'm gnostic

C. I don't feel normal human emotion (go back to A)

Old gnostic's had party when family member pass away because they went home. Lots of food, wine, singing, dancing. Flower necklaces for everyone!!! The sorrow came in the knowing that they went before you and you want to be with them because they ran the race, they made it, they got a good gnostic education and they don't have to come back. They're Home! First utterance of everyone's lips at home, "I made it! I'm HOME!" and everyone gets to give Jesus a Hug. If you die not of your own creation.. you go tell Jesus, "No more! I'm never doing another life again!" Then you will not ever have to think about suicide ever again.

Rikusephirosu

Your intelligence is much to be admired Camella! *gives Camella some :cake:* :D Although I am atheist, that was very well said!

Rikusephirosu

^_^b <<Thumbs up

• 3 weeks later...
AverageGuyOnTheStreet

To be honest I think about suicide all the time (well, more often than I would like to :oops:). I've attempted a few times too. It was actually how my parents found out about my depression.

But, despite my experience, I don't actually agree with suicide. I'm a Christian so I believe that it is in God's hands to decide when I die and not mine.

When people mature, we realize we are all a small part of a big universe. 99.99999% of us are replaceable and the individual achievements we make are rarely significant (in the spectrum of the whole). Yet, all of us together can achieve wonders, so in that sense we are all significant. We as asexuals tend to be more enlightened, tolerant, etc (from my causal observations). Suicide is, as we all know, an option that should be reserved for only the most dire circumstances.

Unfortunately, A co-worker is being buried Wednesday, who took his on life. It was a shock to everyone at work. He was such a happy, cheerful man. From what little i am hearing, I guess his ex-wife has been causing him a tremendous amount of grief. Evidently more than he could withstand. She won't be able to hurt him anymore.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

That is 2 co-workers dead this month. Things are a little sad at work.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

So sorry, Ziffler. I've lost people to suicide too, and it's so heartbreaking. You always feel that there's something you might have been able to do, even though you couldn't.

Have a hug, anyway!

So sorry, Ziffler. I've lost people to suicide too, and it's so heartbreaking. You always feel that there's something you might have been able to do, even though you couldn't.

Have a hug, anyway!

Thanks for the Hugs.

He is at rest now. It is rumored from his sister that he had also been informed that he had cancer. His life was unraviling and I guess he figured on the spur of the moment to end it, because he had been making long term plans with people at work. That is why it took everyone by surprise. You just dont see someone that is upbeat and planning for their future as one whom would end their life.

Thanks again for the hug. I hope that others who consider suicide as a way out, will rethink things. No matter how dark things look, and I have looked from the dark side of things, there is always a way out and a future for you.

• 1 month later...
Guest Heligan

I think suicide can be a rational choice and is something that we have free will to do if we wish. If you want to die, it is logical to kill yourself.

Of course its the wanting to die bit thats the issue. Most suicides donot actually want to die, but rather dont want to carry on living the life they feel stuck in. This is the reason why fear of death gets in the way when you are trying to decide to kill yourself. It is a very difficult decision.

Recently there was a case of a man who shot himself in head seven times with a nail gun, and still didnt manage to kill himself; had to go to hospital. And I just thought poor guy, imagine each time pulling the trigger thinking it was the last thing you were ever going to do... Only to get tons of pain but no death.

There is a speech in the film 'The life of David Gale'.

"Then there comes a point - a moment - in life when your mind outlives its desires, its obsessions, when your habits survive your dreams, and when your losses... Maybe death is a gift."

violeteyedsoul
Suicide is always on my mind, it has been since I was old enough to understand what it was. I've never attempted it though. My physical comfort means more to me than my life does and the thought of botching a suicide attempt is a big factor in me being here today.

As for my thoughts on it, I think that if someone is in enough pain to desire their own death then they have a right, whether that be physical or emotional. It does hurt the ones who love them but, personally, when someone I know commits suicide I am always comforted by the fact that they are no longer in pain.

My thoughts Dead Stamp, EXACTLY.

violeteyedsoul
Suicide is always on my mind, it has been since I was old enough to understand what it was. I've never attempted it though. My physical comfort means more to me than my life does and the thought of botching a suicide attempt is a big factor in me being here today.

As for my thoughts on it, I think that if someone is in enough pain to desire their own death then they have a right, whether that be physical or emotional. It does hurt the ones who love them but, personally, when someone I know commits suicide I am always comforted by the fact that they are no longer in pain.

My thoughts Dead Stamp, EXACTLY.

Took the words right outta my ... head.

lol.

( And thsi posted twice. I don't know WHY. Please forgive me. <X-D)

my brother commited suicide, it will be one year on oct. 26th. i see the damage he did to his children, and our parents, and have to say i feel mostly anger towards him. i simply can't forgive him for what he did. i have thought of it more times than i care to admit, i am 48 and see no prospects of ever finding an asexual partner. i don't want to grow old alone, but i see i have no choice. but suicide is out.

• 3 weeks later...

I would never ask anyone not to kill themselves because others would suffer as a result. It wouldn't even occur to me. I would ask anyone to really think about it first, about where you are now, why you are there, and other possible ways out of it.

Because suicide is so final, and unlike many other possibilities, there's no way back if you've made a mistake. Sometimes it feels as though life is always going to be unbearable. I felt like that for 6 years non-stop. I didn't want to die, but I didn't want to be alive either.

Now, I'm so glad I didn't. Everything in life changes, the way things are now is not necessarily the way things will be soon.

Death is death is the end. And as what happens afterwards is unknown, surely it's better to at least try to sort out the known before you launch yourself into the unknown?

For yourself, not for others. They must sort their own lives out.

violeteyedsoul
I've often wondered why when people are having problems, of one sort or another....the advice most often given is to think of what you want.....learn to be assertive.....learn to say no and so forth......

Yet suddenly when you feel you can't go on anymore you suddenly have to put everyone else's wishes/comfort before your own.

(i know people who came out as gay and family members have refused to speak or see them)

But if i really told people this they'd try to put me off because of the people it would hurt........so i have to live my life, unhappy lonely and desparing so others don't have to feel anywhere near the sadness and despair i already do.

So i'm sorry........we're all made to feel enough guilt about things just getting by - i refuse to feel guilt about wanting my life to end, because for most of my life i wish i'd never been born in the first place...........

I know, and agree ENTIRELY.

*nod*

I live every day like this.

*sad*

I wonder why it is that so many of us at AVEN have or are contemplating suicide? Is it somehow linked to our asexuality, or are we just reflecting the statistics in the general population, and are more likely to be open her about our vulnerabilities because we have such an understanding audience?

I feel sad that so many of us are not enjoying life. I've been suicidal and joyful, and wish I could help others to climb out of the pit as I have.

Archived