Reasearch

noodle

hello there

Is anyone aware of a good research paper about asexuality? Im training to be a counsellor and have to present something in a few weeks (based on a research paper). Asexuality is a topic thats never covered or mentioned. I dont feel this is right given that any one of the students could potentially counsel someone who is asexual or is indeed exploring/struggling with it. Im hoping that they'l be a little enlightened by it :)

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,

Scientific articles can be found in the Wiki at:

http://www.asexuality.org/wiki/index.php?t...g_to_asexuality

The links there are rather difficult to follow and I think someone is working on that.

The key papers at the moment are:

Bogaert, Anthony F. Asexuality: prevalence and associated factors in a national probability sample. Journal of Sex Research. Vol. 41, No. 3, p279-287, 2004.

Bogaert, Anthony F. Toward a conceptual understanding of asexuality. Review of General Psychology. Vol. 10, No. 3, p241-250, 2006.

Prause, N. & Graham, C.A. Asexuality: Classification and Characterization." Archives of Sexual Behaviour. In press March 2007.

In a thread called 'conference abstract' in the WorldWatch forum there is an abstract of a presentation on results of a survey of AVENites from WAS Congress.

Happy reading! and hope your talk goes well - I'm really pleased the word is being spread amongst budding counsellors.

Echidna

Archived