I thought I was asexual...

DannyKitty

Asexuals, you know how people often tell you that you'll change when the right person comes along?

Well, I think that's happened to me. After breaking up with Shadow girl for good, I found someone else. She has been so good to me so far. The only thing that seemed to be a stumbling block at the beginning was that she was sexual.

The thing is that when we talked about how conservative she is about it, I started feeling interested in it with her. This NEVER EVER happened to me before. The more we talk, the more we feel connected. I just wonder if I was a late bloomer or what here.

I am kinda embarrassed to mention this here because I remember being staunch before. I guess I really did need to find the right girl. Our latest stumbling block was Bible study--something we both felt the need to do, but now we're planning on doing it together. It's so sweet. :) And we feel stronger now that we've agreed to do it!

But I can assure everybody here that I will continue to maintain my presence here, sexual or asexual. :) I like it here.

Nalle Neversure

Congrats for finding the right girl!! Chocolate%20Cake.jpg

But I can assure everybody here that I will continue to maintain my presence here, sexual or asexual. :) I like it here.
:D:D

Thanks for the support. :) It's nice to still feel welcome here despite my discovery. ;)

Actually - my friend's daughter is Amy Rose LOL

Actually - my friend's daughter is Amy Rose LOL
Hahaha, how cute. :D
Frigid Pink

I'm glad that you've found someone you can be happy with.

And of course you're still welcome here!

Nico-Nico Friendo

I'm glad you found someone you can be happy and feel comfortable with. :D

funaladanaly

Good for you! People tell me, you just haven't found the right guy. I tell them that could be true, but I'll be 27 this year, and if I haven't found a guy interesting by now, I doubt I will.

But my mind is open, and I'm glad yours was too! Sounds like you're going to be quite happy.

Good for you! Go with it, and all the luck. I hope you stick around no matter what, and that you let us know how things go. Don't worry about labels or any of that crap, and just have fun! :P

Thanks everybody! It's still a bit of a rocky start, but nothing we can't fix. :)

And this forum is definitely one of the more fun forums I'm on, not to mention intelligent. But I'm now going to identify as mildly sexual. ;)

Don't feel embarrassed! Life happens and some people change. 3 years ago I was very close-minded about homosexuality. I was super-Christian (not meant as a insult, its a term a friend of mine uses) about it. Now I'm Bisexual and extremely open to the idea.

And congrats on finding the right person! :cake: ^_^ :cake:

(Edit: Fixed things)

And this forum is definitely one of the more fun forums I'm on, not to mention intelligent. But I'm now going to identify as mildly sexual. ;)

Oh my, I've heard it all! :wink: But open minds are good and being happy with your situation is super too. :)

Freed_Spirit
:cake: for happiness - good luck AmyRose - and do stick around!

Oh, congratulations AmyRose! :D It's lovely to see you happy.

Thanks again!! I'm not officially bf/gf with the girl yet--we want to wait until I can meet her in person first before deciding that, but I think this will work. :)

Oh my, I've heard it all! :wink: But open minds are good and being happy with your situation is super too. :)

Hahahaha... ^^; Yeah, I am surprised to find myself admitting that too. "Whispers" (the girl in question) thinks it's because my first girlfriend was so horny that it scared me out of this. I think that's part of it, but it's also because I don't actively seek sex so I didn't have a problem living without it, since the ideas of love and sex are still somewhat disconnected (Meaning I don't really see sex as a requirement for a marriage, but now I guess I'd do it with the right girl and even enjoy it). Weird... I know...

Thats wonderful you discovered something new about yourself. Being natural to yourself and going with the flow of life I think is the most important thing. So its great that you're able to be honest with yourself. It's great to hear your happy where you are.

I wish you all the very best with your first offline meeting when it comes around. Have lots of fun!

All the very best for the future whatever new paths it takes you down. Best regards.

Thats wonderful you discovered something new about yourself. Being natural to yourself and going with the flow of life I think is the most important thing. So its great that you're able to be honest with yourself. It's great to hear your happy where you are.

I wish you all the very best with your first offline meeting when it comes around. Have lots of fun!

All the very best for the future whatever new paths it takes you down. Best regards.

Aw, thanks! That was very sweet. :)

We won't meet off-line for 2 years because we're waiting until she turns 18, but thanks!

Shadow girl

................*hops on skateboard and rolls into the distance but not before celebrating the fact I got away before this could affect me with a day at the skate park.*

DannyKitty

Thanks, There'sABadGirlComin'Thru! :)

I just wish a certain someone would leave me alone.

Yay, congrats to you! And I'm glad your staying. I'm so used to seeing your amy pics that even when I play sonic I think of Aven.

DannyKitty
Yay, congrats to you! And I'm glad your staying. I'm so used to seeing your amy pics that even when I play sonic I think of Aven.
hahaha, thanks! *hugs*

Because alucard is alucard...

The thing is that when we talked about how conservative she is about it, I started feeling interested in it with her.

*cough*

• 3 weeks later...

Why the coughing, Alucard?

Amy Rose: You shouldn't feel odd about having made a change. I think that for some people asexuality could be a phase, for others it may not be. It all depends on the person. But regardless, discovering a new and interesting aspect of yourself that you could share and enjoy...whatever it may be... is always okay in my book. :wink:

That's good that you found somone that you're comfortable with. Congrats :)

• 4 weeks later...
Asexuals, you know how people often tell you that you'll change when the right person comes along?

Well, I think that's happened to me.

SEE! The sexual world isn't ALWAYS wrong. :P

I'm glad you found someone you click with. ^^

funaladanaly
We won't meet off-line for 2 years because we're waiting until she turns 18, but thanks!

There was this guy I had a HUGE crush on that I met online through a friend. I was thinking that this is someone that I would want to make out with. When I met him in real life though, suddenly I didn't want him to even touch me.

I think that on the internet you can feel safe, and its easy to let your emotions to run away. If you meet her in person though, maybe you'll feel like you normally do around girls (hopefully not, but you never know).

Also, since she is 16, be really careful about what you talk about sex wise with her online. I can't stress that enough. It could come to bite you later. Stay away from talking anything sex with minors, especially if you're an adult. Prosecutors are harsh, even if you haven't technically broken any laws. There may be some obscure law out there. Just be careful.

That's awesome, Amy Rose! Congrats! And yay for staying!! :cake: :D

Congrats! Hope it works out! I also used to feel quite sexual when I was with a brand new partner. When it actually came to doing it, though, I was disappointed because I could never feel the enthusiasm I thought I would. And after a short time I didn't feel it at all. Now I don't care. There are so many other things to do.

Have you told her about your possibel asexuality? Has she talked about hers? Although I agree, you do have to be careful, I'd imagine the laws in America are even more stringent than ours.....

Very happy for you though!

Archived