??-??????? Any Russian speakers?

Spoofmaster

Spoofmaster

Ello!

I'm just barely starting to learn Russian, and was wondering if there's be anyone here to practice it with. At the moment I'm just working out of a teach-yourself-Russian book, to get a head start for when I start actual classes in the fall.

And I hope I spelled the title of this topic correctly. It's been a few weeks since I've really had time to work on my language skills.

EDIT: it appears the forum won't display the cyrillic, at least not in the title. Very annoying.

Nyet! Uh, I took a semester of Russian in high school. Don't remember much. Good luck!

why not try the russian aven? - the link is on the main page.

I can read words like, "send, save, log in, log out, attachment" etc in Russian thanks to my email account at mail.ru but thats it.

• 2 weeks later...

i want to learn Russian so bad! i especially want to learn some now while i'm still in high school because i'm thinking about majoring in it in college. i think it is a beautiful language.

Charlieee

Yeah, I'd love to learn Russian, too. The only things I know how to do are formalities (Hello, goodbye, thank you, etc) and directions. I have a lot of Russian friends with moms who don't speak English that give me rides home. :lol:

Ello!

I'm just barely starting to learn Russian, and was wondering if there's be anyone here to practice it with. At the moment I'm just working out of a teach-yourself-Russian book, to get a head start for when I start actual classes in the fall.

And I hope I spelled the title of this topic correctly. It's been a few weeks since I've really had time to work on my language skills.

EDIT: it appears the forum won't display the cyrillic, at least not in the title. Very annoying.

Right here. Unfortunately, the Cyrillic characters you wrote showed up as question marks on my computer. Feel free to IM me on AIM or AVEN IM.

-Nika

• 1 month later...
gray_imagination

oooooh maybe those of use learning/trying to learning/trying to remember Russian should form some kind of practice group!

I took two semesters in college....I have forgotten most of it but I bought a book and CD course thingy to try and learn some again.

....um...right, anyway, MEOW.

La_Gioconda

I speak some Russian but I have no idea how to write the cyrilic characters (though I can see them). But then, I understand Russian mainly because it's similar to my mother language and not because I studied it so hard.

gray_imagination
I speak some Russian but I have no idea how to write the cyrilic characters (though I can see them). But then, I understand Russian mainly because it's similar to my mother language and not because I studied it so hard.

my M. Word has them under "symbols", the IM clinet pidgin translits. into cyrlic for you (though not always very well) and there are online "keybaords" for you to type in cyrilic.

what's your mother lanuage?

La_Gioconda

I'm Polish. Let's see how it goes.

Я изучилa русско язык  школе   

[EDIT: umh... why part of the sentence is shown as squares? :? ]

gray_imagination

most of that was cyrilic for me, no boxes, but something that appears to be Burmese is randomly in there.

The last bit after school is all in Burmese for me...but I doubt many people have Burmese installed....so I assume its boxes for others

La_Gioconda

I saw the last part as boxes :D Ok, I tried once again with a different keybord:

я изучала русский язык в школе а потом в университете. надеюсь что мое буквы видимое.

It's probably not grammatically correct but I tried my best.

gray_imagination

errr, you studied russian in school and university...no idea what that last bit is...I'll have to actually *gasp* put effort into it ;-)

La_Gioconda

Uhm... I meant to say: "I studied Russian at school and at the university. I hope my letters are visible". Probably it's terribly incorrect. When I said 'school' I meant primary school :wink: . BTW, how come you speak Russian? Are you of Russian origin?

gray_imagination

я ирландка, англичанка, и немка.

I speak a bit of Russian because of a guy I was fancied for five years, he was a Russian immagrant so I started learning so I could speak to him in his native language since he spoke mine. Unfortunately the relationship went about as well as my attempts to speak Russian. Still, its a lovely lanuage and I'd like to get better at it even if I still suck at dating.

La_Gioconda

Oh! I was sure you are a native Russian speaker! The signature confused me :D I thought my Russian sentence was so bad that even a Russian couldn't understand it :D

gray_imagination

dear me no. I just copy and pasted Pushkin. You've studied much more Russian than I have. You should post a bit of polish. I love languages but I have no expereince with Polish really.

• 1 month later...

I took Russian in college. If you are still looking for extra practice, feel free to send me a message. I'm always willing to be a pen pal! (Though I won't pretend I'm any great master of the Russian language, I can speak conversationally and I love getting practice.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm from Russia. Moscow :)

В глуши, во мраке заточения

Тянулись тихо дни мои,

Без божества, без вдохновения,

Без слез, без жизни, без любви.

In a solitude, in a gloom of an imprisonment

My days was lasted silently,

Without a deity, without inspiration,

Without tears, without a life, without love.

:(

Archived