Romantic Asexuality Interview

Hello my name is Brady Koehl, I am a doctorate student studying clinical psychology, my dissertation topic is going to be on romantic Asexuality. I came to this topic because I would describe myself somewhere in the grey area and I realized how hard it was for me to talk to people about it and I realized it is not really in the lexicon. I am hoping by doing my dissertation on it I can bring more people to understand what asexuality is and hopefully allow for some people to realize that they are not alone and others feel the same way.

My dissertation is qualitative research so it is just interviewing and hearing romantic asexual individuals stories, and just telling those stories basically. It can be completely confidential, it is really based upon the individuals preference. I only need to interview one person just so my professor and I can see where we need to improve my questions, honestly it will not be like a formal interview, it will be primarily you just telling your story and some of the experiences you have had. The meeting would hopefully be over zoom and you can use a different name and keep your camera off if you feel more comfortable with that. If you would be interested please let me know it would be really appreciated. I have to do this but I also just want to talk to more asexual people and hear their experiences and see how they match my own. Thank you for your time!

• Like 3
Monke Jimmy

Sure, I could do that. I'm sure my experience would be entertaining lol. 

I've never been in a legit romantic relationship though, in case that changes whether you choose me or the people after me. 

I guess everything else you need to know is right there on my profile. 

I hope you explore the forum, as well! Welcome to AVEN 🍰🍰🍰

• Like 2

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi. I'm just letting you know I'm locking this, in case the Project Team needs to approve this, first.

Thank you, for your patience and understanding.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge and Alternate Language moderator

• Like 2
Janus the Fox

Moved to Research Approval Board

Janus the Fox

Cover Asexual Relationships, Current Questions about Asexuality, Romantic and Aromantic Orientations, and Site Comments Moderator

• 2 weeks later...

This study was approved by the Project Team.

On behalf of PT,

kelico

Hello Brady! If you still need someone, I'd be willing to do an interview. 

• Like 1
HumanRacing

I'll talk to you because I'd like to practice.  I've not ever felt that I could discuss asexuality without there being something (many things) wrong with me. I've been passing for typical and wondering either if everyone is exaggerating their sexual experiences or something's wrong with me. Been married 26 years.

I'm fine with answering questions about being a romantic asexual. If you still need a participant, or future need a guinea pig, let me know (though it looks like you've got a good list of people already).

Either way, I am curious at this point, are you also taking the same questions and plan on asking some non-asexuals? See how answers differ? Are these questions common place so that maybe that's already been done? Just curious now, feel free to DM me if you don't want to post here and, of course, no need to answer at all. :) Just curious.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

This is an old thread, but I'd like to participate if you still need someone.

• 1 month later...

Hi Brady. Dissertation studies can move pretty slow, so if you’re looking for another interviewee feel free to DM me. 
RaeBird

• 8 months later...