Parents' Age?

Parth

What was your oldest parent's age when you were conceived?  

1. 1.

• Under 20
    • 20-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-35
    • 36-40
    • 40-49
    • 50+ (wow!)

This poll is closed to new votes

My Mam will have been 33 or 34, and Dad was 32.

Mother 21 Father 28

They were 23.

And, evil homunculus that I was and am, it's all my fault for showing up before they were ready.

Wow... It seems odd to me that most people have older dads than moms...

My mom was 36, my dad was 34... Heh...

• 1 month later...

Conceived? That makes it confusing...x_X

Mom-26

Dad-29

Whoa, for some reason I thought the question was how old were your parents when they got divorced... @_@ My Parents were really young, I think my mother was 17/18 and my father was 19/20 (I don't feel like don't the math... =P )

My birth mother was 19. I have no idea about the man who supplied the sperm (as he wasn't even around when I was given up for adoption).

My parents were 24 and 26 when they adopted me though.

I was adopted. My parents had to wait years before they could adopt. They ended up adopting me and my twin sister when my ma was 40 and my dad 36. Many times my parents have been mistaken for my grandparents, expecially my dad. Embarrassing... :oops:

I don't know if this matters, but I know my birth ma was in her 30's when she had me and my sister.

• 1 year later...

It is interesting when parents are so much older than their children. This means that they lived through more history than their kids and can discuss it. Both of my parents remember the Great Depression of the 1930's, and my late stepdad fought in WW2 and was born near the start of WW1.

One of my grandfathers was born on the 1890's, and three great-grandpartents were born before the US Civil War of the 1860's.

I am barely 50 (and no kids--I cannot give birth :( ), but I remember talking to my ancestors and listening to them recalling ages long ago. It was so fascinating.

Mom-21

Dad-41

Yup, twenty year gap.

Wow. And my paternal grandmother's parents were the same.

Mom 20, Dad 24

Edit: I am the third of four, but the only asexual.

My father would have been 23; it would have been around my mother's 24th birthday. Aaaand I've squicked myself just a little.

mort paradis

my mom was 18, my dad was 20 or 21 I think

there have been many times when people have thought I was a sibling or something instead of their child <_< that is so annoying...

silentdreamer

I'm guessing my mom was around 36 and my "dad" like 30 or something. I think he's either 5 or 6 years younger than my mom but I kinda threw that useless information out of my mind years ago.

Archived