• Sometimes
    • No
    • Other
  3. 3. Do you drink tea?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
    • Other
  4. 4. Do you drink wine? (For those of legal age, of course)

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
    • Other
    • Ineligible
  5. 5. Do you drink beer? (For those of legal age, of course)

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No
    • Other
    • Ineligible

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a poll for AVENites to vote on what beverages they drink.

And yes I forgotten energy drinks. I'll do energy drinks question next time.

Anomaly Q3Xr

I drink fresh juices and decaf tea (plus herbal and fruit infusions). I don't drink alcohol, and rarely drink carbonated drinks.

• Like 1
Black Tourmaline

breakfast is juice of one grapefruit with lime juice, kombucha and a splash of some other sort of juice for varieties sake.
i drink coffee at work, made at home with french press. with or without oat-milk and/or maple syrup.

really more water would be very very good for me but i seem to resist water in all forms (Leo the fire-cat)

You forgot coffee...

The majority of my fluid intake consists of coffee, water and beer. (Well, and soup/broth, but I don't know if that counts as a beverage. Definitely a fluid, though.) Sometimes pop or tea, occasionally wine, very rarely juice.

• Like 2
Black Tourmaline
2 minutes ago, Ceebs. said:

counts as a beverage

is bubble-tea soup?

• Like 2
blunose2772

I been drinking more juice since I started going to the gym, never been big on tea (except the sweet tea at my favorite fried chicken place), don't care for wine but I do drink it now and then, and while beer isn't my first choice of drinks I do enjoy a cold one now and then. 

• Like 1

I drink juice a lot

Occasionally soda

The last two don't count

• Like 1
Phantasmal Fingers

Neepsend Brew Co, "Glabra" Liquorice Stout. ☺️

No

Sometimes (but only if it’s diet)

Sometimes

Sometimes 

Sometimes

Lately most of my beverage intake has been water, energy drinks (Bang or Reign, recently switched from coffee to those), and some whole milk just for the extra healthy calories and fat. Oh yeah and my chocolate collagen/protein drink that I have every morning.

• Like 1
Monke Jimmy

Water is the superior beverage.

Water is 98% of my fluid intake. 

It's quick, efficient, convenient, and delicious. 

Save the Earth. Save your time. Drink water. 

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. 

• Like 3

I pretty much never drink pop or juice.. or atleast don't go out of my way to buy it. I guess I will drink it on occasion if in drinks with alcohol, but I generally avoid those mixed drinks as well. They are more of a rare treat.

I drink tea and coffee, and love wine and beer, so will usually drink one or the other at least once in a week. Mostly i just drink water though. I try and steer clear of juice and pop because of how much sugar is in those. Since I stopped eating so much sugar, pop grosses me out to think of drinking, to me it is like drinking syrup, and the sizes you get with a meal or whatever are always giant.

• Like 1

In the poll, I overestimated how often I drink juices. Unless syrups qualify :P 

No to soda. even more no to wine and beer. I mostly drink tea (usually with syrups).

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

Juice occasionally, soda occasionally, no alcoholic beverages of any kind, and tea... I'm an absolute teamaniac and maybe the following will show how much. First: I never drink the same kind of tea more than once daily. Second: my personal best is, probably (I may have made a mistake in counting when I realised, on that day, that I'm aiming for a record ;)), 20 glasses of tea in one day. (Of course, only some of them contain caffeine. I prefer counting herbal teas, fruit teas, rooibos etc. - as well as caffeine-containing yerba mate - as "tea sensu largo", rather than "You idiot, it's not a tea! It's an infusion!".) Third: I developed the habit of looking for a suitable tea for this or that food, or sometimes vice versa, and later I also started combining tea with other things than food. Examples from the simplest to more complex ones.

• Very simple: a vanilla dessert + vanilla-flavoured green tea. This pattern can, of course, be developed ad infinitum, for example raspberry-flavoured sweets + raspberry fruit tea.
  • Curry + turmeric and ginger tea.
  • Classic game "The Secret of Monkey Island" + "Caribbean Sencha" (with orange and grapefruit peel, mango, cherry and rose petals) - because the game takes place in the Caribbean.
  • Soaking feet in water with eucalyptus foot salt + eucalytus incense stick + eucalyptus herbal tea.
  • And perhaps the weirdest example, spoiler below.
Spoiler

At some point last year I took LSD, and the blotter had an image of a strawberry. So I made myself - yet before the drug took effect - some strawberry-flavoured herbal tea.

In contrast to my teamania, I absolutely dislike the taste of coffee. Nope, anything which contains coffee (including coffee-flavoured sweets) is a "nope" for me. However, it's pure gustatory dislike - I don't have a negative view of coffee. This stands in contrast to alcohol: here I both passionately hate the taste and consider alcohol a harmful, stupefying drug - I simply have no interest in experiencing this kind of mental alteration. Similarly...

4 hours ago, R_1 said:

I have tried energy drinks and it was enough to decide than no, this kind of mental alteration is not for me either. I didn't like it and now I don't consume any stimulants stronger than tea sensu stricto, rather weak yerba mate (traditionally prepared yerba mate is just too bitter for me, so I prepare it more like loose leaf tea, about 3 spoonfuls in a paper filter) or a very occasional cola drink.

I just don't need drugs to relax (or at least, I don't associate a need for relaxation with drugs), don't like partying, so for me drug use is first of all about serious spiritual / philosophical / mental exploration (in fact, my own term for use of psychedelic drugs is "assisted philosophy"), not about "fun". Or, as I wrote at some point in another topic: "I guess I share many characteristics of people who avoid drugs, and yet I can't imagine an alternate reality in which I would not desire psychedelic experiences".

• Like 2

Tea - always, daily 3 or 4 times per day

I sometimes drink ora nge juice and soda. Usually if I get a take away (once a month of so, I get a coke zero with it) 

I do not think wine or beer

I was getting life assurance as needed for mortgage with the guy asking the questions. A quick no to do you smoke. Next question was do you drink alcohol. Another quick no but this got follow up questions about "not even occassionally" 

J. van Deijck

All except tea (that one just sometimes), but funny thing is that in my country, such thing as legal drinking age doesn't even exist.

I try to have grape juice Friday nights. I don’t like it other times, because of the calories and sugar. I hardly ever have soda. I might, if celebrating something, have root beer. If I know the tea and water is awful at a restaurant, I’ll order soda. It’s rare, though. I mostly drink tea or water all day. I don’t drink alcohol for many reasons. It’ll interact with my meds, and I don’t really like the taste of alcohol itself, for a couple of them. 

• Like 1
a little annihilation

I really like juice and tea. I'm indifferent about soda, I only have it sometimes. And I mostly only like lemon lime kinds (sprite, mountain dew, sierra mist, et cetera)

I'm not a cola fan. If I drink soda, which is not often, I'll go for clear ones like 7Up, or ginger ale, root beer, or cream soda.

I do drink juice, mostly cran- types or sparkling apple juice (or a mix of those).

I do drink tea, but not every day. Usually hot tea in the cooler months and iced tea in warmer months.

I don't drink beer or wine or other alcohol. Not for any moral reason, but mainly just because I don't like the taste and I'm not interested in the effects (or after-effects).

I mostly drink a healthy amount of water.

Generally, I have 1 glass of cranberry or cran-apple juice with breakfast, several glasses of water through the day, occasionally a glass of 7-up with dinner (as sweet as I will go, and I will never have an actual soda), and 2-3 nights a week I'll have 2 beers max over several hours.

I'll have tea when offered (provided the caffeination isn't strong in the evening). No coffee ever.

On 4/8/2022 at 2:24 PM, Monke Ilahi said:

Water is the superior beverage.

Water is 98% of my fluid intake. 

It's quick, efficient, convenient, and delicious. 

Save the Earth. Save your time. Drink water. 

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. 

LOL 👏👏👏

I basically drink water and juice. Sometimes I drink tea. I never drink pop. I never drink coffee. I never drink caffeinated tea. I never drink wine, beer or any other liquor. Sometimes I drink hot chocolate. I am so weird 🤣

J. van Deijck

Looks like I'm the one out there who doesn't even like water :lol:

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, alsjeblieft said:

Signs.jpg

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
5 minutes ago, Zagadka... but Ukrainian said:

Signs.jpg

😂🤣

• Like 1
On 4/8/2022 at 9:05 AM, R_1 said:

This is a poll for AVENites to vote on what beverages they drink.

You do realize you can edit the poll after it's been posted right?

Also I sometimes drink juice, sometimes drink tea, mostly drink coffee, mostly drink pop, sometimes drink milk, mostly drink water, sometimes drink wine, rarely drink beer, sometimes drink energy drinks. Not in that order. I really love juice, the reason I don't drink more of it is because it is usually gone in two sips or less.

J. van Deijck

Wine and beer for me x100, but I mentioned above that we don't have legal drinking age where I live, so I would be always of age, no matter how old (or young :lol:) I am :P

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Calliers said:

You do realize you can edit the poll after it's been posted right?

But then I don't think people who have already answered can change or adjust their answers.

10 hours ago, alsjeblieft said:

It's usually not my first choice of something to drink, unless it's the only choice. :P 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, daveb said:
11 hours ago, alsjeblieft said:

It's usually not my first choice of something to drink, unless it's the only choice. :P 

Speaking of which, I don't think I see the point of bottled mineral water. Unless of course, the water where you live is of low quality or you're going outdoors, in which case buying it may be a wise choice. Otherwise, sounds like a scam product that is not worth buying. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, alsjeblieft said:

I don't really like water. I listed it as a main thing I drink, but I don't drink it for enjoyment. One of the medications I take requires a full glass of water with each dose, and I try to down some here and there simply for hydration, but I don't find it pleasant. I don't find it unpleasant exactly either, I just find it... nothing. Sometimes, on rare occasions, ice cold water is refreshing when it's extremely hot out, but that's the closest I come to something resembling enjoyment of drinking it.

• Like 2

Counterpoint: A nice cool glass of water is both delicious and refreshing.

• Like 1