Have your parents gotten a divorce  

1. 1.

• yes, when i was an infant
    • yes, when i was a small child
    • yes, when i was a teenager
    • yes, when i was an adult
    • nope, never

This poll is closed to new votes

My parents divorced when I was twelve, going on thirteen. It was a strange set of circumstances that I don't know the full story of still yet, because they get along quite perfectly now.

• 2 months later...

Mine have been apart since I was a baby, but I think the divorce officially went through when I was about three or four. I can barely remember a time when my Dad lived here at that point anyway, so it didn't make a difference to me. He started to visit again a few years later--I didn't take too well to him for long enough, since I wasn't used to seeing him around, but after a while, I just grew used to it.

Now, he's living here again temporary (apparently, anyway), even though they're still seperated.

I'm not too happy about the whole situation. I've got nothing against my Dad now, but I just don't like other people staying in our house--for a week or two maybe, fine, but he's been here for a year now, and I still keep getting told he'll be moving again soon enough. I'm really doubting it at this point.

My parents separated when I was about 12 and the next five years were ugly, before they finally completed the divorce. They still don't talk to each other :-(

Genetically_Dead

My parents are still together and like fire and ice. It seems to work for them. Last year I ask my father how many years they were married, he said 48 years with your good mother. I pointed out my eldest brother had just turned 50. All he said was whoops. :oops: :lol:

My parents have never been married in the first place. I grew up with a single mom. Should I vote "never"?

• 2 weeks later...

I voted small child, because I was 12 when they separated, though they didn't make it official until I was 14. I had a strange indifference to it, when normally it tears families apart..

wow, that's a HIGH percentage of parents NOT getting divorced. (mine have been married about 40 years, and growing up i was about the only person i knew whose parents WEREN'T divorced.)

• 1 month later...

When I was 16, although their relationship had been extremely cold for many years before that.

• 1 year later...

They split up when I was 3 and got divorced when I was 7.

Mine have been together for eighteen years. Neither of them has ever been divorced.

wow, that's a HIGH percentage of parents NOT getting divorced.

Yeah, ain't it?

My parents divorced around the time I started school... when I was five-ish? six-ish? Either way, it needed to happen!

heatdissipation
wow, that's a HIGH percentage of parents NOT getting divorced.

Yeah, ain't it?

Yeah, it's weird to see people whose parents are still together. :mellow:

Mine divorced when I was...five. I think that was my dad's second divorce.

silentdreamer

I consider mine divorced. They've been "seperated" for close to 10 years now and should have been divorced long before then. I haven't spoken to my dad in like 6 years.

AFlyingPiglet

Mine divorced in my late teens - although they should have divorced years before. They have been happy ever since, and so have I

• 2 weeks later...

My parents are going close on 30 years married now.

I really hope I find something like that someday too.

My little sister married at 19 and looking at her and her husband it will probably last forever as well. Damn her and her head start! :P

LimeTreeArbour

my mum and dad were divorced when i was 8 but the relationship had broken down before i was born which is the saddest part

My parents are still together and have been together for like...*thinks* thirty one years or something

But they got legally married about five years ago

Wings of a Dream

My parents have been married for almost 26 years and still going strong :)

• 3 weeks later...
AkiraCoinTykiGotBetaMuffin

Mine separated just a few years ago thankfully, great meaning I hardly need to see either anymore.

superscyther

No, they never divorced, but my mom died when I was young. Now I have a stepmom and she and my dad have been married nine years.

IceWeasel

My parents divorced when I was young (5-6 if I recall correctly) and both have since remarried and re-divorced. My mother is currently engaged, but at this stage it looks to be a long engagement.

My parents divorced uh... I don't actually know when. I don't really remember when they were together.

baa*baa*grey*sheep

My parents are not divorced, and will be married for - *thinks* - 32 years this year.

Archived