• 5'3"
    • 5'2"
    • 5'1"
    • 5'0"
    • 4'11
    • 4'10
    • Below 4'10"

This poll is closed to new votes

I am a short-arse! I'm gonna be 23 in June and I am only 5, 1". Everyone thinks I'm about 16 years old because of my damn height (or lack thereof) :oops:

Female, and... 5'4"? Something like that?

Female, 5' 2.5". I have Crohn's disease, which can stunt growth if the first onset occurs around the time of puberty. In my case it was, although it wasn't serious until I was already past my growth spurt, so it may not have made any difference to my height. (I have lots of short and tall people in my family, so it's difficult to tell if it's due to Crohn's or simply genetic).

Female, über-tall, at 5'11". I have some weird condition, I suppose.

*bonks head on ceiling*

I'm male and 5'11''(if I have a correct conversion - I'm used to metric syste, where I measure approximately 181 or 182cm). And I'm not not aware of having any serious helth problems.

Schala Zeal

5'6", XY AIS grade 1 (not quite male or female)

Very skinny, was also very late to develop in height.

So I think many of you have taken the study slightly out of context.

1. The study demonstrates a correlation between certain genetic characteristics and asexuality but only independently. That means that there is a correlation between being short and being asexual. There is a correlation between late onset of menarche and being asexual, etc. There is a correlation between health problems in women and asexuality. This correlation suggests nothing other than a possibility that asexuality may be affected by the effects of health problems on growth of the anterior hypothalmus. A late onset of menarche and low height may suggest that the hypothalmus does not perform properly or did not develop properly or will develop late. If this is the case, and really it's just suggestive (and that's not a very strong statistical word), then the things we see in the body (late onset menarche, short stature, etc.) point to the possibility that there is a genetic cause to asexuality.

2. Individuals who are asexuals may have grown up in homes with less resources (not middle class) or less education. While AVEN is one asexual community, we are not the majority or even probably very representative of the whole asexual community. The fact that we can access and regularly participate in one asexual online community suggests that our access to resources is good. We know that in the US, most rural, low-income, and non-white populations are less likely to access the internet. I'd argue that we underrepresent these groups on AVEN because it requires a computer, decent internet access, knowledge of the internet/internet protocols, etc. So his findings may be true because I believe that he used a representative sample (which we do not have here on AVEN). Just because you are middle class and educated and other people here are does not indicate that everyone is. Assuming that 1% of the US population is asexual, we are a very, very small percentage of that population. Additionally, the study says that the environment which may influence asexuality may have been a prenatal environment (and thus an environment you are not aware of).

Anyway for the record I'm about 5'5", female, I do have some medical conditions.

I haven't voted as I ma 5' 2 3/4" female.

SpirallingSnowy

female and 5 foot 3, my mother is sexual and shes shorter than me, and my brother and father are close to 6 foot.

Tall bugger here. Like 6'2'' I think. I work better in centimeteres: I'm like 185cm tall

SpirallingSnowy
Tall bugger here. Like 6'2'' I think. I work better in centimeteres: I'm like 185cm tall

Yay for centimetres!! im 160cms im a shorty :P

November Rain

Male, around 5'11.5" last time I checked. Not that I'm probably any taller now as I've barely grown within the past two years or so. ^_^

Wolf X Omega

I don't Measure myself by feets, and since i don't do it, i got no idea how to convert, but i'm 1,79cm or so.

if anyone cares to convert it, I'll be very thankful.

Physiologically female, 167cm/5'6" in height. Eldest of 6, all except one taller than me. No health problems, reasonably well educated- 8)

• 2 weeks later...
JokeyFairbobbin

5'7" and female. Tallest girl in the family, I think, though my little brother beats me by a mile.

5' 2 & 3/4 "

Archived