Montel Williams Show

violeteyedsoul

agamogenesis

I just watched the episode and it made me sooo angry!! That psychiatrist doesn't know anything and she makes no sense!! If someone doesn't like something but they're ok with it, why should we try to make them like it? Even if, say, we all only had that "little bit" of Asperger's Syndrome and that's what was causing our asexuality...so what? If we're happy with it, why try to change? Furthermore, just because someone feels a certain way due to a syndrome or whatever doesn't mean that what they feel doesn't exist. Arg!!

I don't think that person was a real psychiatrist. I think she was a "sex expert," whatever the hell that is...

I don't think that person was a real psychiatrist. I think she was a "sex expert," whatever the hell that is...

What a funny term, sex expert? Like she really knows everything. At what point in your life do you wake up one morning and think "Hey, I think I'll become a sex expert."

It's now shortened to "sexpert."

We have an academic type in Seattle who used to write scholarly books about sociological trends in relationships. Then she got divorced and now she's writing about dating and sex and is a sexpert. Sh's now making a lot more money.

• 2 weeks later...

IF ONLY having AS meant one was also asexual. My Ex and I would still be together if this was the case. :( It makes me very sad when I hear/read people connecting the two things in a way that suggests Aspergers = Asexual. I have AS myself, though he has had it more profoundly than me. I find myself wishing they were correct in thier ignorence.

• 5 months later...

[The show just aired again in Salt Lake]

As a gay man, I found the asexual process of self discovery and identity very easy to understand; echoes of my own life.

The guest psychiatrist (Joy Davidson) lost some credility with me from the start. Her body language and appearance seemed to exude sex, and I wondered what her intention was considering the discussion would begin with a neutral tone..... [LOL Ok, Ok. Its a day-time show]

Although I appreciate the idea that some may have physiological health reasons for their degree of sexuality, should every individual question that their conscious/etc may be affected by a problem that must be checked out? The extreme of that could be, should every person be checked out head to toe to be sure they are "normal"? We question so much about if we are living the "right" life, when it should be considered if we are living a personally satisfying life.

On the gay front, society frets that our existence will halt procreation. I think there are more than enough procreating folks to handle that. We are not an issue. I sometimes liken myself to worker ants and bees in the community; we participate, just not in that. :ph34r:

Gays and straights often marginalize bisexuals from being anywhere between weird, cowardly to exotic and culturally hip. To me it is a range of sexuality and as Montel suggested, there is a sexuality bell-curve. Room for all. I'm feeling somewhat envious of asexuals that can explore all the aspects of relationships without the sexual undertow others are compelled to require.

I run a Gay Intellectuals branch site of a chat room on Gay.com. I hope to find some insightful material on AVEN to link to our reading section.

ANDY DALRYMPLE

Salt Lake City, UT

See this anger, frustration and just general irritation?

Yeah, that's what you get for watching chat shows.

Srsly, it's not worth it.

theflyingclubcup

Ha, good thing I swore off daytime television after I accidentally flipped onto an episode of Maury called "Streaker wishes granted!" while looking for Spongebob. ><

The black barsss... oh, the black barrrssss...

And the lesson learnt is 'don't watch SpongeBob'.

He doesn't even have square pants. They are rectangle.

Archived