UK ace conference - probably September 2022

[edit: the below is the original message, but we have decided to delay the conference probably till September, because the Jubilee bank holiday weekend was causing issues for some UK based people.]

Hi all,

As many know we've had a couple of virtual acecons in the last two years, due to COVID-19 making in person conferences unsuitable.

We are planning the same for the the UK acecon year, the weekend 4-5 June 2022! You can see the panels from previous conferences on our youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/AVENlivestreams

The conference website from last year is here:

https://asexualityconference.com

We could really do with more people to help plan the confernence. Really anyone can help; we will be meeting every couple of weeks on Discord for updates. The two areas we really need people are

(a) Those who can provide technical support, such as designing the conference website

(b) Accessibility co-ordinators.

[edit - while those are two areas we are short in, we really could use any help, so please don't rule yourself out if you'd just like to be a general helper!]

Please let me know if you're interested in helping in any way! Otherwise, please watch out for the (wider) announcement in the next few weeks, with a registration form and fuller details. We'd also obviously love help spreading the word.

• Like 4

Should also mention that the last conference, 2021, was billed as the International Ace Conference (because it was a WorldPride year) whereas the one we're planning this year (like 2020) is officially a UK conference; however anyone is welcome to take part in the planning or the panel participation. The overall focus might be slightly different to an international conference, and there might be one or two panels that are somewhat UK specific, but many more will be general interest, so I hope we'll get participation from across the world, just like we did for the 2020 virtual UK acecon.

I would like to help out. 

I live in New Zealand, so timezones will be crazy. 

• Like 1
SpirallingSnowy

Sweet!! Oceania represent!! Aus Aces will likely be involved too @michaeld

On 4/7/2022 at 7:01 AM, Clowel said:

I would like to help out. 

I live in New Zealand, so timezones will be crazy. 

• 1 month later...

Just a note - we decided to delay the conference because the bank holiday weekend was causing issues for some UK people. The new date will probably be in September. We hope to announce in the next week or so. :)

• Like 2

Hi @michaeldI would still like to help out. I have been busy trying to make contact with the local lgbtqia+ group. Now that I tentatively have, I am back on AVEN. 

Hopefully, tomorrow, I will be able to steer a conversation in the right direction.