What the f--- is she talking about???

thylacine

I went shopping with my cousin awhile ago and have been wondering about the meaning of this phrase ever since... You see, we went into a New Age store, where they sell candles & books & incense & crystals & other assorted useless crap...

She went up to the manager with some massage oil... "I am buying this as a gift for two friends who just took their relationship to the next level."

Okay... all around me I hear this "take the relationship to the next level" crap, as in, "When will they take their relationship to the next level?" and "Sally and Bob took their relationship to the next level," etc.

WHAT THE F--- IS THE NEXT LEVEL???

Okay, now lookit! They are already living together, she is doing his laundry, he is paying her bills, she is yelling at him to bring out the trash, he is yelling at her about money, they have already had a pregnancy scare, they have no plans to get married.... so what is "the next level?"

Are there levels in relationships now? HUH???

Can some person please explain what the heck these people are blabbering about when they say, "Oh we just took our relationship to the next level!" 'Cause I surely do not know.

The next level is usually sex but after your friend's comment I'm not quite so sure. :?

bard of aven

It sounds like the next level of that relationship is separation.

boa

boa

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it's something like crush --> dating --> going "steady"/dating and then from there on, it's the level of "actions" they'll do with each other. Like cuddling, kissing, making out, having sex, etc.

Or that's my interpretation?

Mark from the OCD board

I think "Let's take it to the next level" is a highly subjective idiom. The speaker automatically assumes that the listener knows exactly what is being said. Thus, when two different people say it in two different situations, it means two different things.

The next level could mean a higher degree of maturity in the relationship; it could mean better trust beteen the partners; it could mean sex as bonding instead of amusement; it could mean having less sex and more cuddling--or more sex and less cuddling; it could mean going steady for the first time; it could mean having children; it could mean moving in together; it could mean mutually agreeing to stay together but not be monogamous; it could mean hypothesizing about the future; it could mean buying a new dish pattern...

Perhaps they just took it to the level where they considered each other exclusive mates/partners now?

Perhaps they just took it to the level where they considered each other exclusive mates/partners now?

My relationship with my co-workers isn't on the same level as my long-time friends and they're not on the same level as my lifelong friend Monika. I would say she and I are at the highest level.

boa

Bwahahahahaha! You win the Internet for today!

it could mean buying a new dish pattern...

LOL, maybe it means getting rid of the Dixie brand dishes and moving up to Chinet. :D :twisted:

There are four levels in a relationship. The range of levels is constructed in a hierarchy. A relationship is taken to the next level only if a key activity is performed. The key activities are predefined and are the following:

level 1: Massage with no oil.

level 2: Massage with massage oil.

level 3: Massage with olive oil.

level 4: Massage with fried oil.

level 4: Massage with fried oil.

:lol: :lol:

Okay... now I see why she needed to purchase massage oils at the New Age Store. Now... if they were doing a massage with fried oil, then do they get fries with that?

Well, i didn't want to get into such detail but yes they do get fries, a lot of them, because after they massage each other with the fried oil, they bathe themselves with the fries; they fill the bathtub with fries, they get into the bathtub and then they start having a great time splashing each other with ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard.

Wolf X Omega

The Next Level is when you take your sims love for another sim to 100 and marry it*joke =D*

Actually, for what i understand, next level is when someone in a relationship takes the relationship to a higher level of intimacy... ok i didn't help much, but i hope some people understand

• 2 weeks later...
nine_breaker

Next level hmmmmmmm.......They must have simply gained enough experience to go to level 5.

Sorry......bad D&D joke! :cry:

Chiaroscuro
Next level hmmmmmmm.......They must have simply gained enough experience to go to level 5.

Sorry......bad D&D joke! :cry:

Yay, D&D!

-Chiaroscuro

Yah know what? I've been thinking about her a lot lately & thinking about all the crazy things she says & I realized... she repeats a lot stuff from TV.

There was a commercial for this psychic hotline, "How do I know he really loves me?" "Call the psychic hotline!" -- then in the next scene, "How is your relationship since you called the psychic hotline?" The other girl says, all excited, "We just took our relationship to the next level!"

There was also this commercial about debt consolidation. "Do you have problems with debt? Don't worry! You can consolidate your debt! Call now!" So the other day she called my house all excited, "I just consolidated all my debt!" I'm like, so? Honey, you still gotta bill to pay... ?

I still don't get the "next level" thing... like maybe they share the same tube of toothpaste now or something? Or maybe he remembered to put the toilet seat down so she doesn't fall in?

Sorry if my mind works in a very basic and mundane way, but I immediately thought "the next level" might be a financial one ... you know, sharing a mortgage or planning to buy a house together. :shock:

Okay, now lookit! They are already living together, she is doing his laundry, he is paying her bills, she is yelling at him to bring out the trash, he is yelling at her about money, they have already had a pregnancy scare, they have no plans to get married.... so what is "the next level?"

Either separation like Boa said, or maybe the next level is actually learning to like each other. Which should have been there to begin with...o.o

Kawaii_Neko

Either separation like Boa said, or maybe the next level is actually learning to like each other. Which should have been there to begin with...o.o

I have to agree with Faetje. I've seen couples like this before and I didn't understand then why they were together. Maybe they thrive off the conflict? "Break-up to Make-up"?

Yeah, some people definitely thrive on conflict and melodrama.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I don't know what they're talking about either... But then again, I tend to be a bit more explicit when I speak. ;)

Yeah, some people definitely thrive on conflict and melodrama.
No kidding! Unless they thrive on sex, I can't imagine why people do that.
Okay... now I see why she needed to purchase massage oils at the New Age Store. Now... if they were doing a massage with fried oil, then do they get fries with that?
:lol: *laughs so hard...*
Shadow girl

The next level is basically moving up in a relationship.

I'll explain it this way.

1. This is when a possible couple first meets maybe they just talk and hang out some.

2. The 2 really like one another so they start going out on dates.

3.They decide that they love one another as well so the bf/gf comes in.

4.These days after dating for a certain amount of time the couple may start living together as a way of putting a relationship to the test and see what it would be like in marrage.

That being said it kinda runs its self basically

Now this next part is the baseball scale. Keep in mind that not all couples go by this all the way. It depends on preferences, religous belifs , and what they are comfortable with.

The levels differ in many ways but it depends on the lifestyles

Archived