AVEN to switch to Klingon fonts

Kelly

Due to budget restraints, we can no longer pay our server system to provide Roman fonts. Roman fonts are the type of letters used here. The price of Roman fonts has become too costly due to increased energy costs of hosting these most-used fonts. But we can afford Klingon fonts, and will be switching to them.

Nothing else will change. The content will remain as is, but will be in Klingon fonts.

The change will occur on April 31st.

Below is this message in Klingon fonts:

fonts.png

Anomaly Q3Xr

Oh finally, I've been waiting for this for such a long time! Long live the Empire!

You're posting this much too late; its already past six in the evening where I am!

AspieAlly613

Will "P'takh" be added to the banned insults list?

1 minute ago, Ortac said:

You're posting this much too late; its already past six in the evening where I am!

It’s 08:44 on Kronos.

7 minutes ago, AspieAlly613 said:

Will "P'takh" be added to the banned insults list?

Quite likely.

I'm outraged. This merely perpetuates negative stereotypes that asexuals are awkward social outcasts into nerdy things, while also being obsessed with one-dimensional concepts of "honour". I also find it a little bit racist as an hwhite person of European ancestry who also has distant Neanderthal lineage that is demonstrated in my low brow bone and wrinkle-prone forehead. For shame.

RoseGoesToYale

de1zix6-24a40dd0-2ba8-4f95-865a-e7b6b1f8

SilenceRadio
1 hour ago, Snao Cone said:

This merely perpetuates negative stereotypes that asexuals are awkward social outcasts into nerdy things

Look at the bright side of it: since no one will be able to understand what's going on in defdebs, people will stop participating in them, weakening the stereotype therein.

42 minutes ago, SilenceRadio said:

Look at the bright side of it: since no one will be able to understand what's going on in defdebs, people will stop participating in them, weakening the stereotype therein.

I think it might make the stereotype stronger. When I watch Star Trek scenes with only Klingon dialogue, I get the impression that they're saying this that amp up stereotypes without nuance. If people can't read my shitposting they'll assume I'm splitting hairs on definitions with no humour whatsoever. 

a little annihilation

Happy Sheldon GIFs | Tenor

(a gif of Jim Parson as Sheldon Cooper putting his hands on his face and squealing in excitement)

TheSmolFoxWeeb

̵̨̢͇̟̿ș̵̱͕̞͎̲͋͌́̋̊̕͝ͅŭ̸̬̻̱̚̕͝͝g̸͙̖̲͖̩͈͠g̸̹͌̀͛̀͝e̵̛͈̠̲̗̝̾̂̒͆̋ś̸̢̛̹͍͇̽̽̿̏̋̃͝t̷̝̠̲͋̅ͅ ̸̠̹̄̃̍̓̂̅͒̓̎͝w̸̢̡͆̅̂͂̋̍ẻ̸͇̣̟̄́͝ ̶̟̪͖̱̘̽̋̽̐̇̾̀ͅt̶̤̫̹̳͕̔̽͂͊͑̎͌̌̑r̴̛͔̩̄̓̃̕͝ỳ̸̨̘̖̟̫͖̠̭̘͉̋ ̶̧̧̮̳̼̳̠̗̜̖̀͑t̷̨͍̩̖͚̝̫̏̒̍̂͗͒ḩ̸͍̭̩̮̓̽̈͌̾̋̕͠į̵̓s̴̹̞̫̹͉̙̝̯͇͝ ̷̨̻̜̭͔͕̤͚̤̥̏̃̐͒͊̓͠f̶̧̲̝̥̫̣̭̉͗̽̔̾̿͠ȏ̷̜̩̉͠n̷̫̤̭̳͚̯̰̹̬̦̾̈́̌͗̅̋̔̍̾͠t̵̮̙͓̼͉̘̩͎̮̔̌͛̐͂̔ͅ ̶͙̾i̶̧̨̦͓͖̠͎͇͕͆̓͊̃͛ͅn̸̛̰͖͈͎̟̝̩͑̾́̒̄̾͛͝ś̶̠͓̽̋̿͌̊t̸͉̆͒͗̽͑́̆è̶̢̻̖́̐͌̈́̇a̵͓̼͚̫͎͚͎͍̺̳̓̈d̶̡̢̯̮̬͚̝͓͎̈́͗́͗̆̀̊͘̚͜͝

TheSmolFoxWeeb

Good choice tho

Boondocks Paradox

Welp, it's nice hanging out here at AVEN. Off to the Death Star I go~

pooh-soul.gif

SilenceRadio
13 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

If people can't read my shitposting they'll assume I'm splitting hairs on definitions with no humour whatsoever.

I thought this was funny at first, but then I realized it wasn't at all.

Because if shitposting is gone by the time we reach May, then that would stop the curse from ending. What use is there to evidence if you can read it, after all?

I knew it. They've been hiding the truth in plain sight this entire time, and think that by merely changing the font, they'll manage to bury it. But you can't.

You can't hide something as big as the Sacramento incident.

"Nothing else will change," Kelly said.

But what about the definition?

blooming-florets
11 hours ago, Boondocks Paradox said:

Welp, it's nice hanging out here at AVEN. Off to the Death Star I go~

pooh-soul.gif

i might be missing the entire joke, but you just mixed star wars and star trek

SilenceRadio
47 minutes ago, blooming-florets said:

i might be missing the entire joke, but you just mixed star wars and star trek

Trek Wars.

Archived