Sandwich shapes

OptimisticPessimist

How do you cut your sandwiches when eating?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Sandwich shape you prefer

• Triangles
    • Rectangles
    • I leave it whole!

This poll is closed to new votes

OptimisticPessimist

How do you cut your sandwich when eating?

a little annihilation

diagonal ways

notafigmentofurimagination

Whatever fits the container, but whenever I can get away with not cutting the sandwich (out of laziness) I just won't

• Like 1

I leave it whole out of complete and utter forgetfulness that cutting it is even an option... I had to reply to this because I actually DID cut my sandwich diagonally today before seeing this in total serendipity!

• Like 2
Anomaly Q3Xr

I leave it whole, never cut them.

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

As I wrote in the previous sandwich poll, I usually eat buns, not bread, because it's more convenient in a single-person household: I can easily freeze the buns and then I remove one from the freezer to have it ready for the next morning. So I just cut the bun in half and the sanwiches are naturally round.

I'd prefer rectangular sandwiches to triangular sandwiches, however... bread is also not rectangular, its cross-section is similar to an oval flattened on one side. And I hate toast bread, it "tastes like styrofoam". I ocasionally make myself toasts with cheese rather than sandwiches (usually with vegetable spread), and for this I buy a large, long "Wrocław bun" because I just won't eat toast bread.

weka.jpg

Captain_Tass

I leave it whole out of utter laziness (and I don't want to have to wash a whole knife afterwards) but I actually prefer triangles when the bread is square and rectangles when it's long.

• Like 2

This depends on the type of bread, the type of sandwich, and how much time I have.

• Like 4

Whole

• Like 1
Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

I only cut a sandwich of it makes it easier to store in a Tupperware or something, shape is dictated by that.

• Like 4

I cut my sandwiches diagonally, but I have a soft spot for rectangles because that's how my dad used to cut up my toast when I was a kid ❤️

• Like 2
Black Tourmaline

flatbread, collard leaf or napa cabbage leaf as a wrap.

Put me in the "too lazy", "too forgetful", and/or "can't be bothered" to cut category. :D 

• Like 2

I only cut sandwiches in half if I need to fit them into a container. Otherwise, I see no point in cutting them. 

• Like 1
puffin74656

Some of my family will cut up their grilled cheeses along the diagonal because they think it makes them taste better. I disagree, and I also otherwise fall into the "can't be bothered" to cut them up category.

J. van Deijck

Triangles are lovely. ❤️

TheSmolFoxWeeb

Usually I won’t go out of the way to cut my sandwiches but if my mom makes me one she’ll cut it into rectangles

I really hate it when it's cut into shapes

Tbh, I prefer the whole bread slapped onto more whole bread then cutting it

I cut sandwiches into rectangles

verily-forsooth-egads

Why would you cut a sandwich? Then instead of having a nice meal, you have what feels like a meal until you realize you're only halfway done.

I leave it whole because laziness.

Also because that would require using a knife that I would then have to wash. So again, laziness.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I prefer them in triangle, but when I'm not too hungry I cut one slide in half (rectangle), I have noticed that when I do this, I'm often stressed or annoyed.

Sometimes I don't cut it, so when I do tringles means I'm happier, balanced, enjoying the food 😟

Yes, you can notice my mood by the way I eat :P, if I have sugar free, no milk or anything in the coffee means I have too much work; if it's also not even warm, means that I'm in a bad mood also, feeling like crap, apart from much work and being stressed.

If I don't sit to eat and eat at the kitchen cooking/table means I'm anxious or hurry (or most likely both).

Etc :P 

Anyway, tringles!! :P  They look prettier. 

*Unless I sense it can get messy and the stuff things can go out or if the bread is too soft and I sense it will break easily. 

Triangles. Much easier to eat that way and simply looks more appealing. 

It does depends on the size of the sandwich if I would cut it. If it's easy enough to eat without everything falling out, I'll just keep it whole. 

• Like 1

Whatever is bitesize or a good dip shape(things like beef dip). I hate any kind of food that overflows past your mouth, and while I'm at it, I absolutely despise sandwhiches that require you to have a snake's dislocating jaw to eat them, because then you either stuff your face like a tool or have to dismantle the sandwhich into bite size bits, which usually kills the sandwich in the process.

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

When I was little, I would insist on having my toast/sandwiches cut into squares. Nowadays, since it's so hard for me to find a gluten-free bread that's also cow dairy free and sugar free, I just bake my own bread from a mix, and put it in a cake pan, and then just cut huge chunks of it each morning. Though, I did find some bread on the health food site we use, that's gluten, dairy, and sugar free, and it's sort of half circle shaped, so I'll be trying that as soon as possible. 

• Like 1