Show your new stuff

Calliers

J. van Deijck

This so-called "lucky tree" that I bought in Poland.

9f7d342e1ec6fccb6ce0dae15f56123a607c031b

• Like 2

@BaasjeI like this tree. Exactly the type of a useless trinket I can see myself losing my money on, with crystals in pretty colour :P I used to have a smal ship model bought in Ustka, but it got misplaced long time ago...

On Tuesday I visited an event where one of the artisants sold decorative cushions adorned with all kinds of patterns. This is what I bought (there are more horses there than what you can see in this poor-quality photo). I think I especially like the shade of blue...

Zdj-cie0286.jpg  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

czeski-kurs-podstawowy-nowa-edycja-ksiaz

wloski-kurs-jezykowy-z-kryminalem-la-don

Two language learning aids combining written medium with audio.

• Like 3
everywhere and nowhere

As I have probably mentioned many times, I'm a fan of psychedelic rock almost since the beginning of my psychedelic fascination. (More precisely, my fascination began in 1994, and I started, little by little, collecting the music around 1997, originally motivated - and what did you expect? - by a desire to get even a distant glimpse of the experiences which so often inspired this kind of music, experiences which I didn't have until many years later.) Most recently I got very much into Turkish psychedelic rock, which I had barely known before - just, I think, four Turkish songs on the "Love, Peace & Poetry - Asian Psychedelic Music" compilation which I got from someone years ago - that person literally even photocopied the CD's booklet and inlay card for me. And then, when looking for some music to listen to during work (in this respect accounting is much better than translation, listening to music doesn't hamper it at all), I stumbled upon an album by Erkin Koray. I'll absolutely want to buy this one too, as a Christmas gift - songs such as "Goca Dünya" send shivers down my spine - but so far this is the beginning of my collection of Turkish psychedelia:

P9270020.jpg

Bought last week from an "unusual music" store in Piaseczno, the closest town in the "Warsaw donut" - actually I didn't travel to the store itself, I was a little afraid that I could get lost and the store's owner proposed that we meet in front of a shopping mall at the beginning of Piaseczno. Very convenient, completely possible to reach on my bike, and a vinyl album fits into the large backpack I normally use for carrying my groceries and library books.

My impression is that when you combine Western rock music with a musical tradition which is already very... atmospheric by Western standards, the result is just fascinating. Altogether, I always found Oriental traditional music / folk music much more interesting than European folk music and I actually suspect that drugs might have had something to do with it as well: Islamic and Indian tolerance for the use of drugs such as hashish (at least where and when fundamentalists didn't spread) vs. stupefying alcohol as, for a long time, the only available intoxicant in Europe... That said, some musicians were able to squeeze very extraordinary stuff out of fairly simple-hearted European folk music as well. For example I recommend the British band Trees (their two albums, "The Garden of Jane Delawney" and "On the Shore" are available as reissues from Columbia Rewind, or at least they were available some 15 years ago - but I also don't think that most of you are as stubborn as I am about having music on a physical carrier, with all the "extras" such as cover, liner notes...) - such relatively bland English folk music, and still they were able to turn it into something really wild...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
J. van Deijck

This handwritten note from one of the members of one of my favourite bands ❤️

4cd53d8f8363b3621594c808101dbc4336561135

• Like 3

I recently took up colouring books, for anxiety mostly (introduced by my peer support group).

These arrived today: 120 colouring pens, twin tip (fine and brush).

Spoiler

387604090-1000088917960612-6450518339930

387623537-1485876522252834-6017504717588

• Like 6

My four new colouring books arrived. Should keep me going a while :)

387622609-230760133195366-89390512829115

• Like 4
PathosBathosEthos
On 11/5/2023 at 7:53 AM, Arna Sou said:

I recently took up colouring books, for anxiety mostly (introduced by my peer support group).

These arrived today: 120 colouring pens, twin tip (fine and brush).

Hide contents

387604090-1000088917960612-6450518339930

387623537-1485876522252834-6017504717588

That's a lot of colors! All those skin tones will come in handy. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, PathosBathosEthos said:

That's a lot of colors! All those skin tones will come in handy. 

Hah, yeah, I am not great at differentiating colours though. I am not certain how to explain, I can see different colours, but a lot of the time I don't have the ability to tell reds and greens, or blues and greens, etc, apart.

Playing Gartic Phone online about a year ago with an ace group, they ended up trying to figure out why there was a green person. But I wasn't ware it was the incorrect colour until they told me.

One benefit of colouring for myself, is that it doesn't matter if the colours are not correct or logical, as long as I enjoy doing it. :) 

• Like 2
PathosBathosEthos
1 hour ago, Arna Sou said:

Hah, yeah, I am not great at differentiating colours though. I am not certain how to explain, I can see different colours, but a lot of the time I don't have the ability to tell reds and greens, or blues and greens, etc, apart.

Playing Gartic Phone online about a year ago with an ace group, they ended up trying to figure out why there was a green person. But I wasn't ware it was the incorrect colour until they told me.

One benefit of colouring for myself, is that it doesn't matter if the colours are not correct or logical, as long as I enjoy doing it. :) 

Maybe having so many colors can help you get better at distinguishing tones! But even if not its your art, you do it your way, that's part of what art is, self expression!

• Like 2