For those with aesthetic attractions

Aesthetic Attraction Poll  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following attributes is what you find attractive at a aesthetic level?

• Clothes
    • Hair
    • Face
    • Overall Physique
    • Individual body parts
    • Style
    • Groominess (How well they're groomed)
    • All of the Above
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

This poll is for those with aesthetic attraction. What do you find appealing in terms of looks of a person? You can suggest a option here.

If this poll is open to sexuals... it's really just people's faces for me. It's not that I can't find something like their clothing or hairstyle interesting or think it's visually pleasing or whatever, and I might have thoughts on someone's body (like 'I wish I was as physically fit as they are' or 'Wow he's really tall'), but I feel no significantly noticeable attraction to them on the basis of those types of things. Clothes and hair and whatnot don't really interest me; I'm just not into fashion and style (I pretty much live in hoodies and sweatpants myself). And I genuinely don't pay too much attention at all to commonly sexualised things like breasts or bums or whatever. So I mostly just find people's faces attractive. I like eyes, smiles that make me feel at ease, some people have a really attractive bone structure in their face (cheekbones, jawline, etc.), I find beards attractive on men...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, R_1 said:

I added Face as option, @Ceebs.

Oh good, cos I hadn't actually decided how to vote in the poll yet.

I mean... all of the above, pretty much, and how they all meld together.

That being said, for me personally I think finding someone aesthetically pleasing is often a byproduct of being attracted to them, rather than the other way around. Like, once I find myself being drawn to someone, I start noticing more things about them and finding them attractive specifically because they're theirs, in ways that I might not if those exact same features happened to be on a different person. Their style choices and their collarbone freckles and the shape of their nose and the way their hair frames their face, all these things can spark those little blips in my brain, just because of the... themness of them.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Morays said:

I mean... all of the above,

Option added.

I checked everything..... and then.... I checked "All of the Above".

Sue me.

• Like 5
Anomaly Q3Xr

I don't think I have any aesthetic attraction to clothing, but face and hair definitely, and overall physique (for me, overly muscular is a real put off). I also really have a fascination with the shape of a persons nose.

• Like 2
StarryNightAllAlone

I pay the most attention to peoples' faces, specifically their eyes. When you look at peoples' eyes a lot, you'll notice all the different colors, shapes, sizes, and expressions they can make. I don't have much preference in terms of color, but I like people with kind eyes.

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, Morays said:

That being said, for me personally I think finding someone aesthetically pleasing is often a byproduct of being attracted to them

Yeah that's definitely true of me in any serious sense, like when it comes to people I've actually had relationships with (or even significant crushes). I've not been drawn to a single one of them based initially on aesthetics, but I end up finding them aesthetically attractive because of my feelings for them, which develop because of their character and how we connect.

Monke Jimmy

I guess it's just everything that's an identifying feature. I usually use faces and hair to recognize people first, and then their style and overall physique, so that's what affects my aesthetic attraction most. 

• Like 1

Face is the biggest for me

EmlovesSpace

I choose face, hair, how well groomed the person is, and their style. I like when there are unique quirks about someone. 

• Like 2

Face

Hair

Groomed

Clothing

Physique overall

Style

Basically all the above

16 hours ago, R_1 said:

This poll is for those with aesthetic attraction. What do you find appealing in terms of looks of a person? You can suggest a option here.

Face decides it all for me. Then the rest is secondary in attraction.

583144.gif?b64lines=IFNNSVRILiBaQVBQIFNN

I think it all apart from individual body parts because each of those affect whether I find a person aesthetically attractive

It's always been the way people's mouths hands move. The way people pronounce words is also very interesting to me (relating back to mouth movements).

a little annihilation

I like faces and overall style/ fashion, as well as overall physique/ body. I think the diversity in body shapes is really cool and beautiful. 

• Like 2

Face for starters, and the hair seals the deal.

• Like 1

I'd say for me the face is often the first thing that draws me in, and that has as much to do with things like their expressions and how their personality comes through their eyes, their smile, their mannerisms, etc., as it has to do with just physical structure. But other things can also draw me in aesthetically, like their fashion/style or their overall appearance or figure or hair or some combination. Aesthetics is wide-ranging and different aspects can be attractive to me.

• Like 3

Almost anything can be attractive, but the things I notice most tend to be clothing and hair, then face and eyes.

There is also the utterly unquantifiable traits such as just how people carry themselves... not just posture, but... attitude, a look in the eyes. And also, voice, presence, etc.

It all kinda comes together, a whole style, in a "wow, that is a neat person" way.

• Like 5
verily-forsooth-egads

Dark, expressive eyebrows or go home.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

Eyes, most of the time. If you have beautiful eyes, you got me. And it's better if they are honest, too. Colour doesn't matter much to me, it's more about their shape and how expressive they are.

Some of clothes as well, I've always preferred more like goth or military style than others.

I also like arm muscles, but not too big.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I put face as nice eyes and smile are appealing to me, I also have a thing for nice soft looking hair, I have long hair but it's very sort of wirey feeling and stops growing after a certain length.

• Like 3

Usually the face attracts me the most. Sometimes also hair or physique. But a bit less often. Clothes doesn't matter for me unless it's a suit, which somehow makes 90% of men suddenly look prettier. I don't pay that much attraction to eye colour. In fact, it's usually the last thing I notice. (only recently I met one guy who has outstanding green eyes and every time I see him I can't resist looking. But it's an exception, I've never been so excited about eye colour before) Also the voice can be a nice bonus. And smiling.

• Like 1

Anything and everything at times, there's no specific one

• Like 2
Black Tourmaline

i chose "hair" but i would say voice is more of a major thing for me. a cute voice just melts my heart immediately.

apparently, we are talking visual aesthetic only so...i love long princess hair of any type, especially really long hair on really small girl wearing huge clothes. very specific i guess and reaching into other category choices as presented.

maybe would be voice, hair, smallness, eyes, style...

Spoiler

67d10b329e2c0a644e49448e77ada666.jpg

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Black Tourmaline said:

a cute voice just melts my heart immediately.

Same for me, but I didn't mention voice because this thread seems to be only about visuals :D

• Like 2

I think I could find anything attractive on an aesthetic level. Like any category, I mean. When I remember to pay attention, it's quite easy for me to find beauty in things.

• Like 1