Favorite way to travel

Missing

Favorite way to travel  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your favorite way to travel?

• Walk
    • Drive
    • Bike
    • Fly
    • Sail
    • Swim
    • Climb
    • Horseback
    • Teleport
    • Sashay
    • Train

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, godverdomme said:

I remember I was sitting in a bus for 16 hours and that was very long :lol:

Was that overnight? If so, double commiserations. 

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
7 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

Was that overnight? If so, double commiserations. 

I wish it was :lol: sadly it was with some of my coworkers and they made a party in the back and there was lots of singing, shouting and alcohol. <_<

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, godverdomme said:

I wish it was :lol: sadly it was with some of my coworkers and they made a party in the back and there was lots of singing, shouting and alcohol. <_<

Oh, so no rest for your either way. The reason why I asked is because I travelled for approx. 12h by a nightcoach (Poznań-Utrecht) and I didn't get a wink of sleep. That's why I think it's easier to travel by day when at least you've (presumably) had a  good night's sleep, rowdy passengers or not. Which reminds, there were some cases of those on my bus too and the pilot got very stern with them, even threatening to kick them out in the Middle of Nowhere, Germany :D 

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

Oh my God that must have been challenging :lol: We had 30 minutes break for the toilet or whatever we needed and when we were about to get onto the bus and go further, one of my coworkers has suddenly realised he needed a toilet really bad and was gone for another 20 minutes. By car it takes us 12 hours between Belgium and Poland, and by the bus it was longer also because of people like him. 

So the bus is definitely not my favourite, except for city communication :lol: 

• Like 2

Yeah, long distance by bus is probably one of my least favorite ways to travel. Unfortunately, without a car it is sometimes the only option in some places.

That said, some of my favorite travel memories involved day trips on buses with a very good friend. The latter made all the difference (not to mention the scenery and places we went). :) 

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

In some way, trains and buses are similar, so I can't explain why i love trains so very much and I don't really like buses :lol:

But then also trams > city buses. Strange as it is :P

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, godverdomme said:

In some way, trains and buses are similar, so I can't explain why i love trains so very much and I don't really like buses :lol:

But then also trams > city buses. Strange as it is :P

Yeah, I feel the same. It may be the difference in how they move. And they usually don't stop and start as much, like for traffic/traffic lights. Also, in trains you can usually get up and move around more readily if you want, and for longer journeys there is often a snack car/bar or even a dining car (not that I've ever eaten in a dining car).

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
7 minutes ago, daveb said:

Yeah, I feel the same. It may be the difference in how they move. And they usually don't stop and start as much, like for traffic/traffic lights. Also, in trains you can usually get up and move around more readily if you want, and for longer journeys there is often a snack car/bar or even a dining car (not that I've ever eaten in a dining car).

That must be it :D and there's just something magic about carriages that go on tracks.

I've never eaten in the restaurant carriage either, but I used to work for Swiss railways and we were making exclusively restaurant train cars. I still remember installing the microwaves and elevators that didn't work on the test :lol:

• Like 3
  • 9 months later...

@Mackenzie Holiday

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator