Hourly Pay

GingerRose

What is your hourly pay at your job?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What is your hourly pay at your job(s)?

• I don't have a job.
    • I do not have hourly wage. (stipend...)
    • $3.00 or less.
    • $3.00-$7.00
    • $7.00-$12.00
    • $12.00- $15.00
    • $15.00-$25.00
    • $25.00 or more.

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your hourly pay at your job? (In terms of American dollars.) You can use google to convert to pounds or another currency.

Sacagawea dollar - Wikipedia

I make $20 an hour currently.

blunose2772

Currently on disability but Of the jobs I did have in my life the most I was paid was $10.50 an hour

banana monkey

Having converted apparently my wage is worth 12.13 dollars. That's considered very low here. will be interesting to see what is considered low in the us. 

Black Tourmaline
Spoiler

• Like 1
Anomaly Q3Xr

I am on disability, and have been since 2013. Prior to that my highest paying job was around $9.1 per hour in a mid management position. In fact most of my jobs had been lower to mid management and I barely every made $9 an hour, and more often than not would do 60 or more hours a week, but paid for 40, so my "real" pay was considerably less than that per hour.

I'm a truck driver in the UK, up until recently the pay was quite poor, now that there's a driver shortage, the pay has gone up, I'm earning approximately$17.57 an hour up to $21.20 on overtime, over 48 hours, at one time, not so long ago, the wages were half of that, for us, the average working week is around 60 hours, we work unsociable hours, never the same start or finish time, I can start anytime between 2200 to 0600, I have at least two nights away sleeping in the truck, our lives revolve around our work, can't make plans as we don't know what time we'll be finished, and the public here moan that we're overpaid and we don't earn our money. I admit that I would like to get out of the industry, I am still trying to find something to get me away from the transport industry, but no one wants to employ a fifty something, nor do they want to pay.

I'm retired so I don't have an hourly wage.

I don't have an hourly wage at my job. I get paid the same amount each month, no matter whether I've had overtime, minus hours, or exactly worked the amount of hours stated in my contract. All my overtime hours go into a budget and add up to extra holidays, so I'm still rewarded for them. 

I believe minimum wage here is like $12 an hour and I am blessed to make $15 an hour.

Blue eyes white dragon

Most of my clients pay me 15 an hour but one pays 10. It would be nice if I got enough hours to keep up with rent tho

TormentDubz

15 but soon 20 then 22 or so and then 32

• Like 1

My last job, I took $14 an hour (California minimum wage) as a "probation period" to be raised to $17.

$17 was already too low for the position ($20-27 is usual), but I was not being picky.

Through various shenanigans I've already discussed, they never got around to raising it from $14, and the company closed the day before CA min wage went to $15.

7 hours ago, Gloomy said:

I make $20 an hour currently.

Sweet, mate! I mean, for me, that's high.

3 hours ago, Sam Spade said:

I have a lot of overtime so that really adds up

Envy

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TormentDubz said:

15 but soon 20 then 22 or so and then 32

Awesome that you got that set up!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Blue eyes white dragon said:

Most of my clients pay me 15 an hour but one pays 10. It would be nice if I got enough hours to keep up with rent tho

Has me curious to your occupation.

Making puppies into coats? 

:D 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TheCloudyEnd said:

like $12

I need to move wherever there is!

5 hours ago, daveb said:

I'm retired so I don't have an hourly wage.

My da was just telling me today, retired: living the high life.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, banana monkey said:

Having converted apparently my wage is worth 12.13 dollars. That's considered very low here. will be interesting to see what is considered low in the us. 

I think lowest (not counting wait staff) is about 5 pounds and hour. 

Blue eyes white dragon
58 minutes ago, GingerRose said:

Has me curious to your occupation.

Making puppies into coats? 

:D

Mee?? Never! Would I do such a thing?? Its fake fur darrrling *attempts to be charming in obvious dalmatian coat* 

(I'm a private tutor for 4 families but it's very unreliable at the moment so I've been trying to get other jobs)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GingerRose said:

Don't bother. The cost of living is high too. Just like anywhere else, the minimum wage doesn't keep up.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, GingerRose said:

Sweet, mate! I mean, for me, that's high.

It’s not very high here in California lol. It’s still better than making $15 or $16 per hour like I did for a few years though. I do live comfortably, but saving money can be a challenge, and my rent for the cheapest place I could find is a little over half my take home pay.

• Like 2
AspieAlly613
2 hours ago, GingerRose said:

Come to my neck of the woods!  (Hartford, CT, a city, not actual woods.)

Minimum wage:  $13/hour and scheduled to increase to $15/hour by June 1, 2023.

Rent:  a 1-BR apartment can be found as low as $800-$850/mo.

Walkability/Public transportation:  Decent, not amazing, but by no means terrible.  (Good bus lines run every 5-10 minutes during the day, 20 minutes-half and hour at night.)

Rental availability:  Rental vacancy rate is roughly 9% I found my place by wandering the streets looking for "for rent" signs and signed a lease shortly after my tour.

• Like 2
AspieAlly613

@GingerRose  One warning about my neck of the woods:

*Sings to the tune of "Home on the Range"*

Oh, home in Asylum Hill,

Half the town is addicted to pills,

Every day there's a bust, where they find angel dust,

And cocaine wrapped in $1 bills.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TheCloudyEnd said:

Don't bother. The cost of living is high too. Just like anywhere else, the minimum wage doesn't keep up.

The cost of living has shot up in the past 6 months, now that war has broken out, it's an excuse to increase the cost of fuel for home and vehicles, everything goes by road, the greedy fat cats aren't going to take a cut in profits so the cost of everything in the shops goes up too. I would say that my outgoings on electricity, and diesel have taken away around an extra $50 a week from my budget

SpaceDustbin

About 21-23 USD an hour, I think, though my job bills my work to external companies for 80 USD an hour (which I don't notice in my paycheck 😅

• Like 1
banana monkey
11 hours ago, GingerRose said:

I think lowest (not counting wait staff) is about 5 pounds and hour. 

Oh dear, given that here minimum wage is about to go up to 9.50 an hour (and so my wage will have to go up as well by law! - never been in that position before as my company usually pays slightly over, but they seem to be struggling with wages since covid. Our competitors are currently paying average 90 pence more an hour than we are paid. A lot of people are having to move due to increase in cost of living.