Charna
On 4/29/2022 at 12:43 AM, Ksenia said:

Mr Putin thinks that only weaklings respect treatis. Real "presidents " don't care about treaties, rules and laws. I know, it looks like that he is villain  cartoon character, but it can be true. 

Not only Putin, unfortunately. I'd say politics in Eastern Europe is very much a show of strenght. This is what a lot of politicians in the West don't get; soft-spoken diplomacy is neither valued nor respected here, and often is perceived as a weakness that should be exploited. We even have a term for that in Poland: waving your sabre, which refers to the old times where the nobility ruled, as they'd demonstrate their might that way.

• Like 4
ukrguy

Thank you for donating my paypal for everyone, I appreciate it so much, you help me a lot!! I feel like one big family with you guys ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 4
Lilibulero
59 minutes ago, ukrguy said:

Thank you for donating my paypal for everyone, I appreciate it so much, you help me a lot!! I feel like one big family with you guys ❤️❤️❤️

Hang in there, you're winning, and not just at the Eurovision.

• Like 2
Kimmie.
8 hours ago, ukrguy said:

I am glad to see you that you are alive! Keep in there you got this.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Charna said:

Not only Putin, unfortunately. I'd say politics in Eastern Europe is very much a show of strenght. This is what a lot of politicians in the West don't get; soft-spoken diplomacy is neither valued nor respected here, and often is perceived as a weakness that should be exploited. We even have a term for that in Poland: waving your sabre, which refers to the old times where the nobility ruled, as they'd demonstrate their might that way.

Yes  -- thus Putin has no interest in negotiating anything.  He'll pretend to do it to distract the people he thinks are weaker, and meanwhile he's pressing more military mayhem on who he considers to be the enemy.  

Unleash the Echidnas

Since this thread is on the topic.

When Reality Bites

The European Union could not fully recognise this, the continent’s greatest geopolitical shift of our time. Because of its roots in economic integration and its legalistic nature, the EU is probably at its most helpless when a country comes along and says: we want to be your friends! Brussels does not say: great, we need allies. Instead, it asks: what is the legal basis for our friendship? We are still a long way from geopolitical thinking.

GingerRose

Everywhere I go in America, I see houses, cars, bikes, laptops decorated in the blue and yellow flags of Ukraine. I have never seen the flags of South American or Middle Eastern countries represented. I think it would take America recognising itself as a "Putin" to ever support these countries in the same way Ukraine is being supported now. It also may never happen as Ukraine is seen as a white country. That's no coincidence. It reminds me of how in early school days, English schools never taught about what the British Empire did. Just that it existed. It wouldn't recognise itself as a guilty party.

• Like 2