Abstinence helps the heart grow older

Parth

Abstinence helps the heart grow older

A 107-year-old Hong Kong villager, who still enjoys an occasional smoke, has attributed his longevity in part to decades of sexual abstinence, a newspaper says.

"I don't know why I have lived this long," Chan Chi - one of Hong Kong's oldest people - was quoted as saying in the South China Morning Post during an annual feast for the city's elders.

"Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have lived a sex-less life for many years - since I was 30," Chan said, a widower whose youthful bride perished during the Japanese invasion in World War II.

Chan, from Hong Kong's less built-up New Territories hinterland, was pictured looking sprightly and eating heartily at the banquet.

A former chef, he says a low-fat diet and regular dawn exercises had helped him fight off the ravages of old age.

- Reuters

2014 Mod Edit: The article can be found here.

Hallucigenia

So... he's eating great and exercising, but the only think the media attributes his health to is his sex life (or lack thereof)? I think they're just trying to be sensational again.

Though, this is a good counterexample to trot out if anyone gives you the "But sex is good for you!" line.

I agree with you on both points :lol:

Shaolin Monks believed that their semen was the physical embodiment of their life essence, so every time someone engaged in a sex act, they shortened their own life.

Hallucigenia
Shaolin Monks believed that their semen was the physical embodiment of their life essence, so every time someone engaged in a sex act, they shortened their own life.

Ouch. Where do girls keep their life essence?

We... receive it from the men, apparently O.o

Archived